July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #188

Checking in at the beginning of Day 6 and THE PLATEAU IS OFFICIALLY BROKEN!! I have been stuck at 242.5 since mid-March and today I weighed in at 236. Woot! I know some will come back after the fast, but that’s okay, I feel terrific knowing that fasting is the way to get the needle to move for me.

Jason Fung likes to say that hunger diminishes after the first couple of days. That has not been my experience. I had very mild hunger for the first few days and then strong hunger yesterday evening that would not pass until I had some bone broth with cayenne and ample salt. That did the trick.

The taste of death in my mouth remains. Yuck! Otherwise I feel great.

Hope everyone is having a great day!! KCFO

(Susan) #189

Congratssss this is awesome. Certainly an encouragement for the rest of us, I really don’t feel that I could do 6 days like you have, but I am so happy that it broke your plateau!

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #190

You might feel differently after several months of building up your “fasting muscle”. You’re doing great with 72 hours this week, which is awesome considering how new you are to this!!

(Susan) #191

Thanks =), I am very happy for you though, and you (and others on this forum) keep me going, and inspire me so much!

I experienced something similar with hunger growing after about 70 hrs in instead of diminishing last fast…

(Carol) #193

That is happy news @andesite!!

Checking in at 78 hours and counting. Happy fasting everyone. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #194

I forgot to post on here, I made my goal of the 72 hours, and finished at 73. Our scale is broken, says “ERROR” when anyone steps on it, so I have ordered a new one from Amazon.

I broke my fast at 7pm today, I am very happy that I made my goal.

@grats at BeStill on your 70 hours =).

@damgal --grats on the 78 and however long you plan on going.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #195

Yesterday I drove with eldest to NC almost 300 miles for an interview. She wanted to fast till the interview was done. So we broke our IF at 3 pm and then eventually drove part way home and had dinner at ~6:30. So essentially a 20/4.

We are home now and I will be going to work at 1 pm for a critical meeting. Will probably eat at 4 pm and then again at 6:30. I want to get sufficient protein today since yesterday was a little lite.

I’m hoping to get in some 68+ fasts the next several weeks starting Sunday evening.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #196

Checking in on Day 7 and down another 1.5 lbs! My plan is to break mid-day tomorrow, so that I’ll have 7 full calendar days of water fasting. This has been such an encouraging experience. My only complaints are that it’s boring af and constant taste of death in my mouth. Otherwise I feel normal and hunger has come and gone mostly like it does on feeding days.

Having this community, and especially these monthly IF/EF threads has been critical in me choosing to try this fast. For months I’ve been reading up on folks doing 4, 5 … 14 day fasts!! Seeing others do this helped me to realize that I can do it too. I can’t thank you all enough for being here :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart: Special call-out to @Herb_Martin for being one of the most inspiring fasters I’ve met.

(Susan) #197

Does brushing your teeth not help for this?

Congrats on the additional 1.5 lb lost, you are doing great!

7 days to me is spectacular, I was really struggling near the end doing the 73 hours I managed, I am very impressed with this feat you have accomplished, and it certainly encourages me for the future myself too.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #198

Brushing offers temporary relief because the problem isn’t bacteria on the teeth, the problem is ketones wafting up from the lungs.

I’m really proud of you for your 73 hour fast! The first time I did a 72 it was a Herculean effort!! It really does get easier as you practice practice practice!!

(Susan) #199

Thank you! It is lovely people like yourself that motivate me =).

(KCKO, KCFO) #200

Completed my 36 hr. fast this AM. I just calculated my GKI and it was 2.01, so I got the results I was looking for plus just that short fast took me off of the 3 lb. bump up I had after the holiday eating I had done over the 4th of July week. Didn’t get over my goal weight, but I like to stay under it and I did do that so getting even lower feels great today.

I’m seeing some awesome reports in here this month, keep it up.
Happy fasting everyone.

(Susan) #201

Congrats on your results @collaroygal

Starting my ext water fast today, going to take a tech hiatus at the same time, last time my mental hunger led me to browse recipes and then I started feeling crazy physical hunger…I would love to stick with this fast into One-der-land…if I am successful I might not be back for a couple of weeks :pray:

(Susan) #203

Okay, @BeStill

We will miss you, but want you to succeed, so wishing you all the best with the extended water fast.

(Mame) #204

I have been doing my daily tre/if but nothing longer than a day. We found out yesterday our tripod dog has liver cancer and I am doing a lot of work on not comforting or muffling my emotions with food. I am concentrating on regular portions and 1-2 mad. And feeling really sad. sigh

However I am cheering you all on and hopefully next week I will be feeling more stable. I still have a goal this month of beating my latest low by 3.5 pounds.

sprinkling easy fasting vibes as needed

(Susan) #205

@cervyn

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. How did he/she lose their leg? The poor dear must be in a lot of pain. I know these times are never easy, our pets are part of the family. Hugs =).

(Carol) #206

More congrats - you’re killing it!

@cervyn I’m so sorry to hear about your dog. I know how hard this must be, my animals are everything to me.

So, I’m at 102 hours. I love fasting. Today I had a boat load of energy - you all should see my sparkling house. I will see how I feel tomorrow and may take it a full 5 days because I have 2 big projects I’ve been putting off. My morning walk sometimes slows the process. It was 98 degrees at 8am. And, no, I can’t get up and out any earlier. :smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #207

Darn

Sorry to hear about your dog.