July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

I’ve done 17, 24, 14, 24, and 18 the last five days. I have been trying to be more consistent with a 5-6 hour feeding window. I find that when I start IFing that I tend to do it maybe too many days in a row. Today I ate 3 times between 9 and 4. Will do at least 16-18 after today. May try to feed again tomorrow and then might try my first fast over 24 hours into the work week after my last meal tomorrow. Inspired by everyone’s success!

(Tamela Robinette) #142

I am at 18 hours just now, unsure of how long I will go. I did OMAD yesterday of bacon & egss because I gained 8.5 pounds on my 6 days at the beach! I completely fell off the keto wagon! It was really odd, I usually do much better when on vacation. I know a lot of it is water weight and not true fat gain so I will KCKO as well as KCFO but I was shocked when I stepped on the scales haha. I do feel bloated and heavy and I am looking forward to getting that in check. I am getting ready to head out to the gym to get a good workout in, which always makes me feel better. Have a great day everyone!

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #143

Checking in at a bit over 60 hours. Yesterday went better than I expected, considering I hadn’t been strict keto last week when traveling. I had some moments of discomfort, but nothing some green tea couldn’t take care of. I had a slight headache last evening, but really not that bad.

My only complaint was that I was a little bored. I watched some Jason Fung lectures and that cheered me up. I love his “no big deal” attitude towards fasting. He’s very encouraging.

LOL, you did better than me! After 2 days of fasting I have only 1 lb left of that water weight. KCKO indeed!

Almost 69hrs in now, feeling really weird today, not hungry, but my ears keep plugging and I’ve had some crazy rough hiccups off/on…also think I should not have had a pinch of salt earlier due to not enough water intake after, it raised my blood pressure and I felt like I was suddenly super tired and going to :nauseated_face:. I was down an additional 2.5lbs this morning and have lost another .5” off each upper arm (thighs still not budging yet). Planning to break tomorrow at 84-86hrs depending on what time I wake up :sleeping:

(Susan) #145

Very nice, Graci, but drink some water!!

Thank you, drinking lots now, I’ve noticed for some odd reading when I get past the 48hr mark I’m not very thirsty and finding it almost difficult to drink much. Going to push the liquids, definitely don’t want to feel worse :slightly_smiling_face:

(Susan) #147

Maybe try to drink the water boiled? Sometimes I find I get like you when fasting, harder to drink, and I have found I boil the kettle and drink it from a mug and it is easier to get down.

I am going to aim for 72 hours myself, I just started at 6:00pm (so only an hour in, but plan to go until Wednesday 6pm. Hopefully this will work =). I really need the benefits of Autophagy as I am in a lot of pain atm.

(Susan) #149

Okay, great =). I just thought I would mention it, as I find for some reason when I am doing a fast I also have a problem with the water and I discovered that that helped me. I hope it works =).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #150

Started a 36 to 48 hr fast an hour ago. I have some travel complexity and that may change my plans. Going with the flow so to speak.

(Susan) #151

I have a question about Fasting please. @Brenda

I take:

magnesium citrate (150 mg) High Absorption (x2 a day)
omega3- 1000 mg (fish oil) (2 a day)
apple cider vinegar capsules (500ml) 2 at a time, 3x a day)
digestive enzymes (2 tablets when I eat and I usually am OMAD, some days TMAD).
Multivitamin/Mineral Supplement Forumla for Senior Women (one a day, and I am only 54 but bought the senior one anyway, especially for my bones)
2-3 teaspoons a day of Pink Himalyan salt (I eat it and wash it down with water)

These are what I have been taking daily for the past week or so, after seeing various recommendations here on the forum.

My question is --can I continue doing that during my fast or will any of them interfere with my fast and I should discontinue any of them during the fast?
I am needing to do the 72 hours so I can get my body into Autophagy, and hoping that it will help heal the back/knee/leg pains I am having from walking on Thursday.
I also plan (hopefully) to do the planned fast with you all on the 3rd Thursday of the month, (atleast for 48 hours then if I cannot get the entire 72 in at that time).

(Brennan) #152

Starting TRE today 20 & 4. Eating window between 6am & 10am. Big breakfast and a thermos of bpc at work.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #154

Checking in at the beginning of day 4. Day 3 was slightly more uncomfortable than day 2, which is interesting bc it seems that Day 2 is usually the hardest for people. I weighed in today at my pre-vacation weight so now I get to break into the plateau!!

Yesterday would have been my dad’s 80th birthday, so I toasted to him with a glass of whiskey. I had read on a thread here that since you metabolize alcohol the same as fat that it really doesn’t interrupt your fast. That may be true but really, I don’t recommend it. It didn’t feel good at all. And doesn’t feel good this morning either. Lesson learned.

(Virginia ) #155

Sorry for taking so long getting back to you. Yes, I’m pretty sure I do have some… I’m looking to lose about 20 more pounds. I am currently in the 170’s.

Yeah, fasting is weird. Sometimes it’s easy, and sometimes it seems impossible. I blame hormones.

(Virginia ) #157

Well, I didn’t make an EF last week, best I did was a OMAD. But trying again this week, presently at 15 1/2 hours.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #158

I’m finding that drinking alcohol makes my sleep bad and I don’t feel well the next day. Even just two glasses of wine. Not worth the buzz. I’m not tried while fasting but just VLC.

When I really eating VLC regularly, I find that I’m a total lightweight. Which is odd, since it’s fat that soaks up the alcohol in your system and prevents you from getting drunk. I think it’s two different mechanics there. But, still, I’d not recommend drinking on an empty stomach, ever. And fasted-empty, would really be bad. Sorry you’re feeling the after effects of that.

Everybody seems to be doing great with their fasts. And good work to all those just trying out some TRE! A few weeks of practice with a few 18 and 20 hour fasts and you’ll be experts!

I’m not sure what my plan is for this week. I’ve had a couple of really good eating days and typically, I might be starting another two-day fast, but I don’t really want to. I might try to eat for a few more days doing my usual 16:8, just in a more controlled way, not “feasting.” I’ve been fasting a few days a week since the beginning of March, so maybe I just need a little break.

(Susan) #161

Well done @BeStill

87 hours is great! I am doing a 72 hour one atm myself, you are an inspiration to me =).

Just over 49 hours. I want to at least go through the night - this is a new PBR for me. I’m slightly afraid to re feed at work tomorrow - do y’all think I will be okay if I eat a small amount and wait 30-60 minutes before eating more?

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #163

Yes, that’s a great way to break a fast. Congrats on your new PBR!! :heart_eyes_cat::sparkler::crown:

@ZuleikaD and @daddyoh, help me out, what does VLC mean?