July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

It helps to be a hermit with no job or social life, lol. I don’t have the temptations in my face all the time like you guys have to deal with.

Oh yeah, their scale read 179.5, higher than mine at home, but I made it into the 170’s as far as they’re concerned which was a goal I had set. I didn’t even take my sandals off to weigh like I usually do! :grin:

(Jane) #93

I bet they were impressed!!!

The nurse gushes over me every time she weighs me and then sees the prior weight in the computer :grin:

I am still overweight, so she was required to give me a printout of a “healthy” diet (food pyramid based, of course), but she apologized and said, “You obviously have found the right diet!”

(Jane) #95

Well, she’s got to do what she is “supposed” to do, but good on her for recognizing your way is better for you!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #96

Glad the client is okay. Sorry for the food being ruined. I guess you were meant to fast.

(Libby) #97

Whelp, I made it to 46.5 hours and then decided that it felt too much like being stuck on the beltway, kinda aggravating wait arg wait arg wait arg and I don’t want bad feelings associated with fasting so I went ahead and broke it. But like Eric said “there’s always next time” !

A very good practice to go with too. :+1: Fasting should never feel forced. So if your body is telling ya something, it’s best to listen.

Broke at 47 hrs. Stopped by the grocery store on my way home to pick up some stuff, and was after 6pm before I got home. So I decided to just pick up something easy so no one had to cook. (Rotisserie Chicken (2)) Probably wait until after the long weekend before doing anymore Fast.

Happy Fasting Folks … and have a Happy & Safe Holiday for those who celebrate it. :slight_smile: :+1:

(Paul H) #100

Ok so upon actually thinking about the process and good advice from @Digital_Dave in the past. I am breaking fast now at @43 hours. I have to work 12 hours tomorrow and then take off early Friday am for the weekend. Best not disrupt work or a trip starting Friday with a woosh or 4… Patience Paul… I felt incredible all day and still do albeit tired from 12 hours or work.

The numbers are pointless for me at this point… worse than 43 hours ago…LOL WTFever. Tomorrow OMAD before a keto friendly weekend.

(Brennan) #102

24 hours in, just gonna read and head to bed! Check in with you tomorrow!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #103

I broke my fast this morning after 59+ hrs. No distress at all today, if you know what I mean. Bone broth and green olives and a few cheese nibbles. Waited 3 hours and had some ground beef.

Going back to IF and will decide when on Sunday I start again. I’ll have to break the next fast by Tuesday evening because I’m driving 10 hours Wednesday and Thursday morning. Timing is everything.

(Carol) #104

I’m in at 32 hours and ready for sleep. Should end up at 40 something fasted. Definitely ending tomorrow because I want to relax and enjoy the weekend. Tomorrow I plan to join my neighbor in the spa and watch the antics of the holiday folks on the river. I wouldn’t be surprised if I treated myself to a cocktail!

To those who celebrate the 4th, I hope it’s an enjoyable (and safe) one.

(Brennan) #105

39 hours in, just went for a nice half hour walk instead of lunch. It’s ok I’ll just eat sunshine! :sunglasses::sunny::sunglasses::sunny::sunglasses:
Time seems to be dragging today (and yesterday), though I think more to do with worries not fasting.
KCFO!

(Susan) #106

Digestive whoosh at 80 hours so broke my fast at 84 hours last night. Tried to sleep and ended up with disaster pants at work. Thank goodness my client didn’t wake up while i washed and dried my clothes. What a nightmare. Never going past a two day fast at work and never refeeding at work again. … till the next time.

(Brennan) #107

(trying not to laugh)
I’m so sorry to hear! That sounds like a ______ day at work!
I can’t imagine doing a refeed anywhere but at home, you are braver than I!

Oh no!!! I never know how my stomach is going to react to refeeding… I won’t even break a fast while my husband is home EVER…over a decade of marriage and I pride myself on the psychological issue that allows me to never need to use the restroom while he is around lol. There are just some mysteries in marriage worth keeping…I did notice this last refeeding that my stomach was much happier with protein than it was with anything else tried so far!

It’s always best to be at home for breaking, when possible.

(Susan) #110

It’s funny now.

(Jane) #111

Oh, sorry to hear that. What did you break your fast with?

I usually do EF when I am away on business and ALWAYS break the night before I travel home just to be sure. I am in my hotel room just in case.

(Susan) #112

@xsuebeex

Oh that must have been horrible at that time; but good that you were able to change there, and clean up at least.

I have always broken my fasts at home too; but I don’t leave the house often so that is not hard for me.