July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

Sometimes I barely lose anything on a fast (I only lost 1 lb. on my 2-day fast that ended this morning). As soon as I think it’s turned into an ongoing issue I’ll suddenly drop 4 lbs. on the next one.

No. Just the opposite. I have trouble focusing sometimes.

(Mame) #72

@daddyoh awesome low BG number Eric!

Nice to see people are getting those fasts in. I only did IF 21hours but at about 16+ hours (at work) I was freezing cold, goosebumps all over my arms!

Now tonight I feel like I did kind of over eat (all completely keto) I am uncomfortably full. I think planning food for various lake/guest weekends was encouraging me to just think about food too much. Or it is a drive to eat more the day I exercise hard. Not sure yet what to do to fix that but I will ponder.

Oh well, as noted by someone else tomorrow is another day to start over.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #73

Happy Wednesday people. 57 hrs in. Slightly better sleep. I wore warmer clothes and that helped with the cold. I dream a lot most nights but when fasting it seems more vivid.

BG 83 mg/dL
BHB 1.7 mmol/dL
GKI 2.7
BOZ 49

If anything I’m consistent in the am with BG and BHB. I’ll be off to the gym at 5 am and then I’ll decided when I break this fast when I return.

Today’s rotation in the gym is some brief HIIT, walking and stretching. No resistance today. I’m not fully into the HIIT yet. I’m more motivated with resistance training.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #74

51h fasted.
a little bit of a dirty fast, but hey, I stick to water and black coffee all day and some cacao butter, almond butter, phsylium husk fat bomb in the morning or in the evening as needed. I found it helps me not get too much of the “Detoxing effect” that causes some dehydration and headaches for me.

I will however try to slowly drop the crutch again, but right now I feel fine with it.
I am not really hungry but I also don’t want to feel deprived to the point where I go crazy. (happened often enough lately) Life is still very chaotic and stressfull right now.

(Libby) #75

This is my second fast and am 37 hours into it.

Yesterday hunger did not come in waves. It came as a constant low level “hum” underscoring all activities. It was annoying more than compelling. I did allow some weak iced sun tea (caffeinated.) I don’t know if that made it better or worse. I don’t use sweeteners.

I usually don’t eat in mornings so I feel normal and good now (at 0530.)

I’m flirting with the idea of going til 4 pm which will make it 48 hours which seems sufficient for second fast. I’m writing this to motivate myself to do so. I had really good results (4 lbs that stayed off even after re-feeding) from that first one but then birthday week and extended visitors blew my diet out of the water. (I blame THEM. Yes, I do :wink:) Back to it now, alone in my fortress of solitude. I haven’t even weighed for a week, just don’t want to know. So no starting point to measure from.

Happy fasting y’all!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #76

Wishing for you peace and stability.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #77

Awesome.

48hrs would be great for a 2nd fast. I hope you can achieve that goal. But if not there is always next time.

Presently at 37 hrs. and not sure if I will break tonight or tomorrow? … Planning on stopping by the grocery store on my way home to pick up some stuff for a meal I’m looking to make. So I probably won’t get home until after 6pm or so, & not sure if I feel like making anything since I don’t like to eat that late.

Happy Fasting Folks… :+1:

(Brennan) #79

12 hours in and most of that was sleep lol! Just getting started here and not putting a time limit/target on this one. Last week’s 106 was the best fast yet I’m really looking forward to going longer this time!
KCFO!

(Paul H) #80

I am 32+ hours and am having like a runner’s high of which I have had before while running. Amazing energy and clarity for a geezer… lovin my fasting.

177.8lbs
158.5 hours

That’s a 2lb loss since yesterday. I got my whoosh! Just in time to get weighed at the doctor’s office at 11. (Sad when 2lbs count as a whoosh. I miss the good old days of 4 or 5lb whooshes.)

I’ve fasted 10 out of the last 11 days. I went a little nuts with the fat boosters on the 26th so I’m not counting that as a fasting day. But from the evening of the 26th to now is 158.5 hours, with a total loss of 7.8lbs over the 11 days.

I am so ready to eat. Going grocery shopping as soon as I leave the doctor!

(KCKO, KCFO) #82

Don’t let them take a lipid panel then. I get wanting to weigh less at dr. office. But fasting that much before a blood draw will make your LDL number awful.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #83

Your BG level will be dramatically lower than a normal fasting BG level. They might be concerned you are hypoglycemic.

(KCKO, KCFO) #85

Nice NSV!

(hottie turned hag) #86

HOLY crap. :astonished:
Hellyeah. Impressed and envious.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #87

Totally awesome.

(Susan) #88

hour 70.5 166.5 lbs, down 0.9 lb.
I didn’t take anything to work to eat last night so I ordered steak and salad to be delivered. I was going to break my fast at 60 hours. While I was waiting for delivery, my client got up without calling me and fell in the bathroom. I called an ambulance and my delivery came and I put it on the counter and went to the hospital. We were there 6 hours. She had xrays taken and everything was ok, she was just banged up.
Needless to say, I am still fasting.

(Susan) #89

Oh wow, I am glad that your client is okay, but that must have been a lot of extra worry and stress on you. Good luck on the continued fast, for as long as you decide to do it before breaking.

@LibbyL 48 hours is great for just your second fast! I only did about 36-42 hours once a week for several weeks before I worked up to more than that.

@BeStill you’re having amazing results. Losing 3 inches off of your waist is great in the getting-smaller department, but it also means that fasting is really targeting belly fat on you and that’s a huge health marker!

@Sharon_E I can’t believe how long you go on your fasts. I’m amazed at how easily you seem to do it. You are awesome!

I’m in the middle of a re-feed, just doing my normal 16:8 today. Yesterday, I did 16:8 as well. I worked out yesterday morning. Nothing major, just my short Pilates mat routine. After lunch, I spent the whole afternoon cleaning the carpets (and moving furniture that always goes with that project). So, I spent most of the day doing keeping my BG nice and low with some moderate movement. This morning, after a re-feed day yesterday, I was down another .2 lb. instead of a re-gain. I’m quite happy about that, because I didn’t lose much on the fast.

I’m planning on starting another fast tomorrow (or, really, tonight after dinner).

No blood draw, just weight and BP. Just my quarterly visit to the shrink to get my meds renewed.