July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

Girl, I was just thinking that I was going to run out of likes SO early today. Then I liked your post. You got the last one!

Good luck with your fast!

(KCKO, KCFO) #42

Welcome @KetoOfTen, how long have you been eating this way? Fasting is much easier when already fat adapted, you can do it if you are not but the hunger will get to you. If you have done no fasting then you could start out with intermittent fasting, if you already do that, try doing OMAD, or even alternate day fasting before an extended fast (over 48hrs.). Good luck and KeepCalmFastOn.

(Allie) #43

28 hours now. I’m fine, hungry but going to bed now. Looking forward to morning :joy:

@collaroygal I am starting week 5 today, but have been eating OMAD for the last few weeks at the same time. My goal for July is to do a 30 hour fast (small to some of y’all in here!) but I wanted to start small and attainable and go from there hopefully. I am hoping to do longer fasts for the autophagy benefits. I do have one question for y’all- What do I do/eat that would be the least “fast breaking” in order to take a prescribed medication that has to be taken with food? It’s for once a day.

(KCKO, KCFO) #45

If it is fat soluable meds, a very small lettuce salad with oil and vinegar dressing comes highly recommended for that. Or a 1 in cube of a hard cheese can work.

I have taken meds with just coffee with hwc without stomach issues. Others have reported good results with bone broth with a touch of hwc added worked well.

(KCKO, KCFO) #46

Broke my fast. I kept thinking about food, nothing got my mind off of it, and my stomach was getting very noisy. After tomorrow’s feasting, I will attempt another round of 36 hrs.

(Eric - Slow down to speed up!) #47

23+ hours. Feeling great. Some hunger today but all controllable. On to tomorrow. Happy fasting all.

(Carol) #48

Fell into an unplanned 42 hour fast end of June and 1st of July. Don’t know if I ended June on a high note or started July off on one. From home on Wednesday so should get another 42ish in and then I can relax over the upcoming July 4 long weekend.

kcfo :slight_smile:

(Allie) #49

I broke this morning as planned, very comfortably made 37 hours.
I think going forward I’ll steer away from EF but aim on one, or even two, full days of fasting each week and see how I go with that.

(Eric - Slow down to speed up!) #50

32+ hrs fasted. Sleep was weird. Ketone dreams? Dreamt about tasting butter and carving large pieces of beef. No hunger in the middle of the night.

Upon waking
BG 86
BHB 0.8
GKI and BOZ - not worth calculating.

Darn dawn effect. But so much better than a year ago with BG ~130.

This fast is about losing weight and not autophagy. Probably the same for the next 3 or 4 fasts. I gained some weight on vacation and also probably some fluids with my chest cold which is almost gone. I want to just get back to close to 190 lbs in the next couple of weeks.

Despite the above, I’m pretty pumped up about fasting again reaching 48 hrs this evening. When I get to 48 it means 60+ is just a sleep away.

(Annja) #51

Second day of my 3 to 5 day fast. All goes well, easier than first day.

(LJ) #52

Did 15:8 yesterday as planned. In hindsight I could have kept to my more usual 6 hr eat window instead of feeling weird starting ‘early’ but I was curious about ‘feeding’ between two 20 days and avoid over-hunger crashes – a pattern I’ve been too good at – so I kept to it. Me being not urgent about food still always amazes me. Feeling solid for 20:4 today.

A motivation bonus: I woke up to the scale reflecting I’ve burned through June vacation and follow-on carb wobbles. I’m back into weight territory I haven’t seen in over 5 years.

132 hours in. 179.8

I’m so over this fast. Weight is barely moving due to Aunt Flo. It even went back up a pound over the last day or two. I know people will say “oh, that’s just a fluctuation”, but when you do an EF you expect to see it go down, down, and more down. I really hope there’s some good autophagy going on to make this worth it.

Took a lot of NSAIDS yesterday before finding out they make you retain water. WTH?! So now I’m just suffering through the cramps. I did natural childbirth, I can handle this. A heating pad helps.

I go to the doctor at 11 tomorrow, and their scales always read higher than mine. I really want to weigh in the 170’s for them. I enjoy shocking the nurse every 3 months, lol. Then I’m going to come home and eat two whole Fathead pizzas by myself.

Kidding.

Well, I ended up just doing an OMAD yesterday, after coming home feeling a little bit blah. Think having a nice active day on Sunday and getting a bunch of stuff done, followed by a slow, stagnant Monday… just didn’t sit right. - Wasn’t hungry, even while making dinner for the Wife and Son. But I just thought to eat something might help with the Blah feelings and was only at 24 hrs. … So just started back up after dinner last night, so presently at 13 hrs. :slight_smile:

Happy Fasting Folks… :+1:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #55

just past 30h. (had some cacao butter in the morning though)
if that’s what I need to start EFing again, so be it.

Thunderstorm woke me up at 2AM lack of sleep makes things harder. (i think it was easily in the top 5 of loudest thunder I ever heard…

Other than that I am okay and hope to make it to 72h at least.

I like my numbers though

BG 85
BK 2.3
GKI 2

(Annja) #56

Can’t help un-blurring the foods in this thread lol :laughing:

(hottie turned hag) #57

Fast on you crazy diamonds :gem:

(Mame) #58

Happy July all!
I don’t think I will get any 24+ hour fasts in this week and I will be out of town for a good chunk of it.

but I want to be sure to cheer any fasters on!! you can do it.

(KCKO, KCFO) #59

Sounds like a good time to end the fast. Just remember to refeed for at least half that time before anymore fasting .Don’t want your metabolism going down on you.

Dr. Fung talks often about how autophagy levels off between 36 and 48 hrs. That is why I try to do a lot of those and less over 48 hrs.

Hope you hit the desired weight for the dr. weigh in.

Gosh, I’ve been fasting 8 out of the last 9 days (I went overboard with the fat boosters on the 2nd or 3rd day, to the tune of about 1,000 cals, but I went straight back to fasting that night). I’d have to refeed for like 4 days. Ugh. I’m so afraid of regaining it all during the refeed.

I think in the future I’m going to limit it to five days, like @Digital_Dave does. Or even just 72 hours. Well, we’ll see what happens anyway.