July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

For me, it was mostly misunderstanding what people meant by “feasting” after fasting. I would eat and eat, past being full, because I thought I was ramping up my metabolism after a fast. And would gain most of the weight back.

This time I plan on just going back to my regular WOE (1200-1500 calories as I’m very sedentary, no snacking, TMAD), and seeing where the chips fall.

And yeah, “after is just after”.

(hottie turned hag) #26

OK that’s v good to know, because I was mostly lamenting not being able to do it anymore, as a vehicle to get to goal. But I get that you’re doing it for health benefits not losses. Makes sense.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the losses. I still have about 50lbs to goal. But right now they are just a bonus. I’m really concerned about my health. I literally wrote out a will last year because I felt like I already had one foot in the grave. And that’s no way to feel at 46!

(Virginia ) #28

I haven’t been able to Fast that much lately. :slightly_frowning_face: The past few months have been hard for some reason. I’ve only been able to do one thirty something hours and the rest or like 12 to about 24. I’m going to try and get one started today and see what happens. Good luck to everyone.

Do you have the fat stores to support a fast?

(Allie) #31

They’ve tried but it’s a tiny office with air con that’s too powerful for the space so I keep my coat on and wrap my legs to protect them. It’s crazy. The actual room temperature would be fine if not for the constant freezing wind blowing at me…

(Allie) #32

Open windows are way better, but ours only open a crack because they installed blinds that actually block them :roll_eyes:

That really sucks. I hate having air blown on me. I get chilled quickly. Can you tape off the vent? Or would others complain?

(Allie) #34

Management would complain yes, no one else. New building and they’ve paid X amount to have it fitted so it has to be used… meh. I’m home now at least.

Give Chunk a hug and kiss from me! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Allie) #36

@Sharon_E here’s the man himself for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

We’re not exactly chatting about fasting anymore. Better quit before we get chastised!

(hottie turned hag) #39

@Shortstuff OMG smoooosh him…:yellow_heart::orange_heart::blue_heart:
He is marriage-worthy!

(Susan) #40

Happy Canada Day!
My grandson left yesterday for a wedding in the Rockies and he plans on visiting his mom for a while. I am taking advantage of this to fast to my heart’s content, not having to smell or cook food. Or shop for food. My last meal was 11 am yesterday June 30th. I may take a page our of @Sharon_E 's book and use some fat till I am into it better.
I too have been guilty of over eating after a fast and negating the benefits. I will try and eat smaller meals. I have taken the “Feasting” suggestion too literally.

Girl, I was just thinking that I was going to run out of likes SO early today. Then I liked your post. You got the last one!

Good luck with your fast!

(KCKO, KCFO) #42

Welcome @KetoOfTen, how long have you been eating this way? Fasting is much easier when already fat adapted, you can do it if you are not but the hunger will get to you. If you have done no fasting then you could start out with intermittent fasting, if you already do that, try doing OMAD, or even alternate day fasting before an extended fast (over 48hrs.). Good luck and KeepCalmFastOn.

(Allie) #43

28 hours now. I’m fine, hungry but going to bed now. Looking forward to morning :joy:

@collaroygal I am starting week 5 today, but have been eating OMAD for the last few weeks at the same time. My goal for July is to do a 30 hour fast (small to some of y’all in here!) but I wanted to start small and attainable and go from there hopefully. I am hoping to do longer fasts for the autophagy benefits. I do have one question for y’all- What do I do/eat that would be the least “fast breaking” in order to take a prescribed medication that has to be taken with food? It’s for once a day.

(KCKO, KCFO) #45

If it is fat soluable meds, a very small lettuce salad with oil and vinegar dressing comes highly recommended for that. Or a 1 in cube of a hard cheese can work.

I have taken meds with just coffee with hwc without stomach issues. Others have reported good results with bone broth with a touch of hwc added worked well.