July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

I also did OMAD today, instead of starting a Fast yesterday, but that’s because I’m scheduling my week to maybe do a two or three day before Friday. I have a reunion of sorts scheduled for Saturday night, & will break on Friday, no matter what I decide to do beforehand. … Just a bunch of folks that all grew up together, and decided to get together to catch up. Haven’t seen most of them in 35+ years, so should be nice. I’m also making 4 different Cheese Cakes to take, so my mid-week will be spent making them. Plain, Cherry, Blueberry and Chocolate. Figured to give them a variety to choose from, plus V will be making some Pulled Pork. So she will have the kitchen during the daytime, with me doing the evenings.

(Shane) #445

The blood tests went much better than expected.
I told the nurse taking the blood about my story. She was actively asking me questions about it and told me that I had made her day.
And me, I was reading the posters while I was waiting my turn (over 10 minutes) and saw 3 posters, that looked like they’d been whipped up on a printer, about T2D and eating a low carb diet. 2 of them showed pictures of food and there was no sign of root veggies or grains. and that made my day.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #446

And this made my day. Progress one nurse and one doctor at a time.

(Shane) #447

I didn’t mention keto, carnivore or fat. Just low carb and I touched on evolution and the way our ancestors ate and how much I improved by cutting out carbs and heaps of other stuff.
Nurses must see a lot of very sick people through the day and they probably know that most of them are going to get worse, so to see someone come in that has turned their life around and expect to stay that way would be little ray of hope. I know for me that going into the doctors, or worse, the emergency ward in a hospital is not an uplifting experience.

(Jane) #448

Joining you guys for a 36-hr fast to support my husband who is also not eating today back home. Will break some time tomorrow.

(Mame) #449

Huh. Well that didn’t work. I ate tmad, all keto and low volume. I seem to be having more physical hunger. It’s a rather new and weird thing for me.
My schedule is so odd this week because of a long weekend at the lake coming up I don’t think I see a possible fasting day except for Sunday when I am driving home…

Cheering everyone else on though!!

I’m right there with ya, and even thinking of just foregoing Fasting this week in general. The Wife took ill Monday night, and think it might have been something she ate. But after I got her back to sleep, I don’t think I got maybe 3 or 4 hours sleep. So I’ve ended up just doing OMAD’s the past couple days, but also feeling a little run down. But think I will just throw in a TMAD, then back to OMAD and just wait for next week, since I have some things planned this week, and this weekend. … Hope others are having more luck.

(KCKO, KCFO) #451

I will be doing a fast starting tonight after dinner. Plan is for 36 hrs. I just do them for some autophagy and to make sure I don’t go over my goal weight number.

Happy Fasting everyone.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #452

Okay, folks, the goal is ~46 hours. I’m 21 hours in and doing fine. I’m looking forward to fasting sleep which is almost always shorter but usually feels good.

I’m going to bring some newly made bone broth to work tomorrow and will drink it before leaving for home.

I hope everyone has a great fast.

(Jane) #453

Water/coffee fasted yesterday then added some fats in today to extend my fast and walking 2.25 miles at noon in Ft Worth high-90’s heat.

This morning:
BG: 83
BK: 2.3
GKI: 2
Boz: 36

After my walk:
BG: 84
BK: 4.9
GKI: 0.95 :star_struck:
Boz: 17

I am 43 hours in and was planning on breaking tomorrow at lunch which would give me 60 hours. Then a lady at the AirBnB I stay at wanted to go out to dinner tonight and its the first time she’s asked so I said yes. She is a full-time tenant. So I was resigned to only make it 48 hours but then just got a text saying she can’t make it.

I’m good with that as I can go back to my original plan… but now I have to have a stern talk with my tummy to let it know it is not getting fed tonight. It was looking forward to it.

The lunch I am not turning down. A colleague I’ve know and worked with at two different companies is leaving for another job and it is his going away lunch. He is my walking buddy and the mouths dropped up front when I told them we’d been walking at lunch for 30 years now. With about a 12-year gap where we worked for different companies.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #454

Gosh, I get this. My appetite is set by future state expectations.

So sorry you are losing your walking buddy. That is a lot of time to be walking together.

(Mame) #455

my tummy hates me when I change plans on it. This happened last night to me and I did not roll with it very well so I am cheering you on!

(KCKO, KCFO) #456

Ah that is so nice. Sorry you won’t be getting to walk together going forwards I wouldn’t fast through that meal either. Hope you have a good time.

Hope your tummy is ok with you skipping dinner.

(Jane) #457

Thanks - it is. Pretty rare these days to have work friends for that many years with the way companies treat their employees like snot rags.

He is applying for private life insurance and yesterday he was on the phone with the agent giving his medical history while we walked. When he hung up he said “Now you know my entire medical history!”. I laughed and said there wasn’t one thing he mentioned I didn’t already know about and he got a kick out of that because it was true.

(Susan) #458

Wow, hopefully you can stay in touch, you must be good friends. Long talks during long walks. Nice for him he is retiring, maybe he can come over to your house and help in the garden! hehe. Enjoy your lunch =).

(Jane) #459

He is not retiring - leaving for another company. Fortunately he is staying in Ft Worth so we can keep up when I am here and maybe even go for a walk at lunch if I can get away and drive to his new job, but it won’t be near as often. We were kids when we met and have always fought like brother and sister, but in a good-natured way. When either of us needed a confidential shoulder to cry on we were there for each other.

(Susan) #460

Aww, that is amazing =). It is great to have friends like that.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #461

New Fasting thread for August August 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

closed #462