July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Jacqui) #424

He does lose weight easily, maybe he should get checked. They only way he puts weight on is going to the US on a business trip and eating out there the whole time. He then losses the 2kg in less than 2 weeks again!
Tbh he balances his eating well naturally. He doesn’t eat junk and of he eats a lot in one sitting he won’t eat much and the next meal or two.
Best to get checked though!

(Mame) #425

Whoo hoo. Happy to have this fast in the bag, I am at 43 hours and will break it after I have prepared some food (steak, zuccinni, sauce, cheese, salad) I am at about a -6 on my hunger scale.

Here are my end of fast numbers: bg=70, bk=4.8, gki=0.81, I am surprised my bg wasn’t lower because I was not feeling too mentally sharp past noon and I thought they were correlated for me, but now … :pensive: maybe that is not so.

Next fast for me probably next Wednesday…

I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend no matter what the weather and the eating looks like for you.

(Susan) #426

at 41 hrs going for maybe 72 hrs.

My grandson made me a cup of coffee and he was pouring hwc, i said “a little more, a little more” and he filled it to the brim. Either that or 1 tsp salt washed down with water made me have disaster pants. It is getting to be a common occurrence for me it seems.
I have an overtime shift from 3pm-9pm tomorrow, I pray it is over by then.

I had a slight headache that the salt fixed. I used to get such bad headaches so often. It is easy to forget the aches and pains you used to have before keto.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #427

Starting my fast now that I’ve had 2 days off feasting. Not happy with the numbers. I think there was something in the lunch that kept them high (not sure why they would stop be high 6.5 hrs later)

BG: 95
BK: 0.4
GKI: 13.2

(Brandy) #428

I’m 16 hours in to my final fast for the week. This will just be a 36 hour fast, which will end around 8:00 am on Sunday. I’m not typically hungry in the morning at all, so normally I’d make it 42-48 hours, but I’ve got plans to be in the middle of a river, in a kayak for about five hours on Sunday. Stomach upset plagues me from the 42 hour mark on- has done since I started fasting and has never resolved itself. I DO NOT want that kind of emergency in the middle of the river! So I suppose I’ll break fast earlier and see how it goes. I’m hoping a three hour window between breakfast and putting into the water will be enough time for things to settle down. :grimacing:

On another note, I have really hit my fasting stride this month! I try to get at least three 24 hour fasts in each week, but in all honesty, the late winter and spring months proved pretty difficult. I was hitting two consistently but it felt difficult and rarely stretched to 36.

The most concerning part was that I was only vaguely aware that my behavior wasn’t matching up with my aspirations. I mean, I seem to have become desensitized to the fact that I wasn’t feeling as good as I had previously. My weight loss had slowed VERY dramatically. Now, I’m fasting 36 hour minimums with relative ease and the motivation has returned in force. The scale is moving again with regularity. The last time fasting felt this awesome was last summer, at about the same time. What can I say? I’m just a summer girl. Something to ponder…

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #429

Here’s how my fast is looking so far. I’m really not happy with the results :weary:. I kinda feel like it’s a wasted fast, as my GKI had been terrible. I’m convinced it had to do with the two days of feasting (with like 100g of protein each day over two meals). For those who say you can’t have to much protein I disagree. Next time I’ll just eat normally. My results were much better on the other two fasts.

Time BG BK GKI Notes
0hr 95 0.4 13.2 July 26th,
6.5hr after lunch
1hr 100 0.6 9.3 1hr after supper
2hr 107 1.1 5.4 2hrs after supper
12hr 107 0.9 6.6 July 27
1hr after waking
13.5hr 101 0.7 8.0
15.5hr 119 0.3 22.3 after shopping - why so high?
17.5hr 86 0.3 15.9
21hr 72 0.5 8.0 after swimming and in the heat
24hr 79 0.7 6.3
34.5hr 86 0.6 8.0 July 28
37.5hr 89 0.8 6.2

I hear ya, but try not to get discouraged. Sometimes there are things that happen in the background, that don’t necessarily reflect in the numbers. (One of the reason’s I don’t run numbers very often when I Fast) But some Fast will indeed show in the numbers, and some won’t. But we might not ever know what is truly going on, what the Fast is doing for us, but any Fast should be seen as a success. :slight_smile: :+1:

I looking to do some Fasting this coming week as well, so hoping everyone is fairing well with theirs. :+1:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #431

I’m a couple of hours into a 34 hr fast. I have a business lunch Tuesday planned without consulting me. Will do that but will break in the am Tuesday so that by lunch I can eat some Jamaican jerk food.

I might do a 2nd 34 hr fast laster in the week.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #432

Ending my fast at 48hrs.
BG 71
BK 1.3
GKI 3.9

(Susan) #433

Congrats =).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #434

Thanks. Though my numbers could have been better. Next fast I won’t eat as much protein.

(Mame) #435

Happy Meal Less Monday to all fasters!

I am on my usual TRE, will go about 21+ hours today and then I have a meeting, probably eggs benedict and salad.

Then maybe 30+ hours from midday Monday until Tuesday eve, with lifting Tuesday morning. Four day weekend at lake with friends coming up, not planning on fasting then although perhaps Sunday on the way home… would love to come home lighter then when I leave. it’s a good goal, anyway.

wishing everyone an awesome day.

(Shane) #436

Today was another milestone for me. I weighed in at my new doctor’s office today and my BMI works out at 29.3. I’m now overweight. Late last year my BMI was about 44.
He was pretty impressed with my 40kg+ weight loss since last year. Mainly through EF.
He was not impressed when I told him I stopped taking the cholesterol meds I was on. Haven’t told him I’m keto/carnivore and fasting yet.
In the morning I’m getting my fasting BG, HbA1c and cholesterol done and will find out how good or bad they are on Thursday. I keep track of my fasting BG at home.
Cholesterol was 5.2 last time in December and my then Dr wanted to increase my meds and I said no. I can’t see myself even taking them again. Hope just coming out of a 4 day fast a couple of days ago with only a days notice to prepare doesn’t skew my results. My partner got her results back today and at 5.7 and our new Dr told her to watch her diet and see what happens. Shrug.
I’ve never had my HbA1c done before and I’m glad the Dr was happy to request it for me just because I’m curious to know and expect it to be low.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #437

I broke my fast last night and this morning, about 1 ½ hours after getting up, I checked my numbers. Much better than expected!
BG: 64
BK: 4.0
GKI: 0.89

(Bob M) #438

I did some research on that this morning, and it might be the ketonix’s reading are incorrect if you’re not in ketosis. Unfortunately, I don’t have any blood testing strips to compare, to know whether or not I am or am not in ketosis. (I do know that the breath and blood ketones never to seem to correlate well, unless I’m fasting multiple days. But I have never tested verified “out of ketosis by blood” and what the ketonix would say at that point.)

(Bob M) #439

If you eat high calorie, high fat, it will help. If you don’t, for me, it skews the results.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #440

Was going to 34 hrs and broke at 24. Had not one but two business meals scheduled for me tomorrow. I did not want to break a fast at a company function. At least the two meals are on the same day and not in two separate weeks.

Oh well. Keeping Calm an Ketoing On.

(Doug) #441

Dang, Eric… So that’s six martinis, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #442

Not in higher ed.

(Shane) #443

Thanks Bob. I had read about that as an option before going for a test. I should have gone in a week ago and asked for the tests so I’d have more time to prepare. The Dr goes away for 6 months after Thursday.
At least I’ll get some idea of how I’ve responded to keto and fasting. And if the results show high LDL and the Dr thinks I’m on a suicide mission if I refuse meds then I can go back to my old clinic. And on the bright side, it could be like my old school reports and there will be "room for improvement.
My 12 hours fasting period for the blood test is up in less than an hours. I still remember when I used to take junk food in the car for after blood tests.