July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Jacqui) #383

I’m now about 55 hours into my first extended fast, having been practising TMAD with a roughly 16:8 intermittent fast. I haven’t been particularly hungry but wanting to eat for the flavours and textures.

I am looking forward to breaking my fast tomorrow lunchtime at around the 72-hour mark. I’m going for a small lunch and then rib-eye steak for dinner (I got the butcher to pick out the fattiest ones from the counter!)

Thank you, everyone, for the support you all give on these forums. I likely wouldn’t have had the courage to do a fast if it weren’t for you and the 2KetoDudes podcast. I have just bought a couple of Dr Jason Fung’s books, and I am looking forward to getting stuck into those (when I find time around my two preschoolers and job!).

I was down 0.3kg (about 0.6lb) this morning, and I was down 0.4kg (about 0.8lb) yesterday morning. I’m hoping to push through the 90kg (198.5lb) barrier that I have been bouncing against for the last few weeks. Weight loss isn’t my only aim for the fast though, autophagy is also a big one.

KCKO x

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #384

Jacqui

For a first extended fast, you are killing it. Break slow. Bone Broth first if possible for 30 to 60 mins then a small salad with some leafy greens and olive oil. Be prepared for some intestinal distress. Hope it will be lite. It goes with the EF territory.

KCKO

(Shane) #385

Now passing 60hrs. I seem a lot hungrier this time and have slowly been getting hungrier each time I do a fast. I’ve just passed 40kg lost so far and perhaps I have less fat available to draw on. Still have 15-20kg to go though. It’s getting harder/slower, but it’s not a race.
Woke a few times night before last sleeping on an empty stomach on my own. Other half brought home 2 grandkids yesterday (3 weeks and 16 months) that will stay at least one night, so the bed was a lot more crowded last night and I didn’t get much sleep.
I expected my BG to be under 3.5 yesterday afternoon, but it went up after a shortish bike ride and is pretty slow coming back down. I might stop tonight (3 day fast) if the lack of sleep and getting hungry again in the afternoon gets to me.

It’s been a while since my fasting BG was this high :frowning:
Although testing at 3.7 this morning was a good sign :slight_smile:

(Shane) #386

Me too. I tried my first fast last year when I kept fasting after a BG tolerance test that was done after a failed routine fasting BG test. After 2 days fasting all my pain went away. That was my first time pain free that I could remember in over 5 years. Just that alone converted me. The extra weight loss doesn’t hurt and I’m also hoping for the benefits of autophagy.

(Susan) #387

That is great =-).

Been having some meals this week with things going on, but am starting to feel a tad better thankfully. So after having a couple nice meals today, (was planning OMAD) but I’m thinking of Fasting tomorrow. Might just be to Saturday sometime, since I really hate Fasting on weekends. But if all’s well and feeling back to normal-ish, I might just say screw it and Fast through for more days.

Glad to hear everyone is doing great with their Fasting and no major issues mentioned. :slight_smile: :+1:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #389

I’m doing two meals today and tomorrow since I’m planning on a 48hr fat starting after supper tomorrow. Since I don’t have a whole lot to spare I figured two days of feasting would be good for me.

(Susan) #390

Great, I hope it gets you good results with the autophagy =).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #391

Me too. I just wish there was a good way to measure it.

(Susan) #392

Yes, that would be good, it is frustrating =(.

(Carol) #393

Very kind and the slushie very sweet but I enjoyed it. I think the sweetest thing I’ve had in months is tomato.

(Susan) #394

I haven’t had any sugar since February and no artificial sweeteners since the sometime in June, because they were making me gain weight if I had them, so things are very sweet to me. My taste buds are awesome now, I love it. I am drinking an herbal tea right now that has nothing added and it tastes so delicious =).

(Jacqui) #395

Thanks for the advice @daddyoh, I’ll stick to something like that for lunch then.

I have been drinking electrolytes in water, along with salt water and sparkling water to provide a bit of variety, but I’m really missing food!

I will KC and KO :grin:

(Susan) #396

It gets easier, the more often you do it, Jacqui. Your body builds “fasting muscles”. Good luck =).

(Jacqui) #397

Thanks @Momof5

Feeling light headed this morning, at about 65-66h in. Any tips for light headedness anyone? Thanks

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #398

:+1:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #399

I’m back to feeling fine. I actually lost a little wt even though my fast was called off at ~44 hrs. Down to 193.6 even after having a lot of protein sources yesterday. Seems like people are doing good.

I have a business meal planned for me (:frowning:) next Tuesday. So going to have to be a short fast or maybe a couple of short ones. I’m like @Digital_Dave I don’t like to fast on weekends.

Yeah, I just find weekends are a lot better for creating new meals/recipes with a lot more time to work with, not to mention being at home and all. When at work, I have other things I would rather work on and choices are limited, unless I run out to a grocery store, etc. Just prefer home cooked meals. :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #401

Same. Plus social events. We cook every other weekend bulk food.

Have a happy dance Friday Dave and the rest of you posting and lurking here.

(Mame) #402

Happy Friday all.

I am hanging in at 36 hours fasted, lifted before work and now will not eat until after work so this fast will be ~42 hours or more.
Numbers before lifting this morning were: bg=71, bk=3.4, gki=1.16
I will measure again before breaking my fast.

Wishing all an easy and peaceful day!