July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #337

34 hrs and up early. Sleep was better than last week except short again. Ketones seem to wake me. Some hunger in the last hour of sleep and that is very unusual.

Going to drink a cup of coffee and take some salt and see how I am. I’m thinking this will pass.

Today is upper body volumetric training and I’m going easy so that I don’t trigger more hunger. the heat wave has broken here and we are expecting much needed rain today.

Happy fasting all.

(Allie) #338

Meal-less Monday successfully completed, broke this morning @ 37 hours and all is well :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #340

Thanks

Maybe “TaDa Tuesday”

My hunger is persisting. I’m working from home this afternoon and if this stays like this I may break the fast or do just some fat and see what that does for me. I’ve never tried to extend a fast with fat. Mabe coconut oil?

Well, ended up feeling worse as the day went yesterday, so I only did 24 hrs. or OMAD. Took a Zertec and 2 Advil’s soon as I got home for a headache, then got a bite to see if it would help. Unfortunately, it only did for about an hour, then my stomach got upset and got a little sick from it … But at least it helped the headache subside. … Plan to eat something today and try again either later tonight or tomorrow? Just want to get past this, whatever it is. Might just be a head-cold or maybe a bug? :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #343

Dave

Sending get well vibes to you. No fun being sick. And then to disrupt a fast… Dang.

(Leigh Thomas) #344

It’s been over 6 months since I’ve done a 4 day fast. I’m starting tonight and hope to go until Saturday.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #345

Okay my hunger is settling down. Hope I can stay busy enough to ignore it. Fast on folks.

(Mame) #346

I managed this and I am very happy about it. I dealt with being at the lake much better this time.

My schedule keeps changing on me, but Fasting Wed night until sometime Friday should be a go. Until then I will cheer everyone else on!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #347

I ate 1g of coconut oil and it did zero for my hunger. I will start the refeed when I get home in an hour and will call this one ~40 hrs. Not as good as I had hoped for. Will do IF 18/6 tomorrow.

Two days of OMAD (biggish meals, but not a full days worth of eating) followed by a regular eating day was supposed to lead into another fast. But yesterday was not a regular eating day. I just couldn’t get enough to eat. I was really craving protein, so I just went for it in hopes that it would set me up for a successful fast. My weight shot up this morning–probably both because of the volume of food that I ate yesterday and some salty foods that made me retain water some. But I’m hoping that everything will be easier going this fast.

My plan is to go until Thursday lunchtime for a 64-hour, but at least until tomorrow.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #350

I figured out why I’m hungry since I usually fast pretty solidly on day1 and 2 at least. I’m coming down with a virus. Stuffy ears and some muscle aches. I’m listening to my body and downing bone broth right now.

@Digital_Dave Maybe we are swapping places.

(Failed) #351

Congratulations!

(Susan) #352

@daddyoh

I hope that you will be feeling better soon, Eric, rest well. I am doing a 48-72 hour Fat Fast at the moment with Cream Cheese. Janie gave me the idea, so I thought since my one with Coconut and MCT Oils was such a flopI would try this, since it worked well for her in the past =).

@Shortstuff

Congrats on another meal-less Monday, Allie, and 37 hours =). I hope that you are feeling better.

@Testudine

Good luck on your continuing fast, LJ =).

@Digital_Dave

I hope that both you and your lovely wife, Virginia, will be feeling better soon. Since you both have it, I am sure neither of you feels like cooking or doing much at the moment.

@thelastnameleft

Good luck in doing your Fast, Leigh, welcome back to the Fasting Gang =).

@cervyn

Good luck with your fast, Mame!

@ZuleikaD

Good luck with your fasting goals for the week, and try not to let the scale discourage you!

Oh, please. That scale has a mind of it’s own and just makes up whatever. I don’t worry about it.

(Susan) #354

Okay, good! I am trying to just weigh myself once a week for now, because of this!

Thanks folks. Feeling a bit better today and think the Zyrtec is helping some? At least I’m not as stuffy now and I did eat something earlier. So I’m actually home, since I took off a couple hours early to take the wife to the store. Will decide if I want to eat tonight when we get back. If not, will have started a Fast from earlier. … We’ll see. I’m hoping I keep feeling on the better end though. :slight_smile: :+1:

I hope you’re not, Eric. But again, I do think the Zyrtec is helping though. Hope you’re just seeing some random stuff and don’t get sick. I’ve actually been feeling this for the past couple weeks, but it never seems to have set in too deep. Hope it’s just a head-cold of sorts. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Susan. I’m hoping I’m going to be feeling better now. :+1:

(Bob M) #356

I used to be a “slave” to the scale…then I got three DEXA scans done in a year. Over the course of the year, I gained 3.x pounds of muscle and lost 5.Y pounds of fat, for a total scale loss of around 2 pounds. And if I fast, I can lose 5+ pounds in a single day (and then gain it back when I stop fasting). So, I gave up on the scale.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #357

@Digital_Dave

Okay, feeling better but not 100%. Going to work to see if I can manage to get much needed work done. Will bail and leave if energy is low.

I’m glad I broke my fast. Faster’s listen to your body.

Glad to hear it. :+1: … Think I’m going to stick with the Zyrtec for a few more days and see how things progress. So far so good.

(Shane) #360

I was heading in that direction. I was having problems walking and to go anywhere, like walking around a supermarket to do the shopping, required prescription painkillers and anti-inflammatories. I couldn’t even have a shower unless someone was home in case I fell. Anyway that was then. I stopped the anti-inflammatories over 6 months ago and the opiates got further and further apart and I haven’t had one for several months now. I’d probably have to injure myself now to justify taking one.
Autophagy and kickstarting weight loss are my main reasons for fasting…and running out of food midweek :slight_smile:

The cart and oxy bottle brought back memories of when I found a website about emphysema 16-17 years ago. I read the messages from the people on there and gave up smoking that night after being a heavy smoker for 30 years and failing to give up in the past. Sometimes we just need a trigger to steer us in the right direction.
EFFORTS
Maybe we need a site like that for carb addicts.

Keto/fasting trigger for me was a potential T2D scare- I started fasting last December after failing a fasting BG test. I decided to continue the fast and went for 4 days before eating again. I felt empowered. I didn’t know I could go for a fasting blood test without having cans of softdrink and a handful of whatever bars to eat as soon as I got back to the car. Now I IF every day normally with a 1 to 2 hour eating window and can do a fasting blood test every day without notice :slight_smile: and EF either 3 or 4 days when I feel like it.

Anyway I started another EF last night (about 27 hours ago). Partly because I haven’t lost any weight for a number of weeks and I need to give things a stir up and I ran out of most of my favourites foods yesterday.
Even though I’m only just starting this fast, I thought I’d show the progress so far. One thing of note was my BG dropping after eating yesterday instead of spiking like it normally does and to show that my BG has dropped below 4 after little more than 24 hours. A bit better than fasting BG of over 6 last Dec. I got down to 3.1 on the second day on the last fast a couple of weeks ago, and it gets lower each time I do a fast, so tomorrow will be interesting. The 2 highest peaks were morning tests (dawn effect) slowly dropping after noon until I eat again for that day. This has become fairly normal.
I should have a backlog of eggs in few days so might go into a few days of eggs and bone broth when I break my fast and go back to eating.