July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Susan) #229

You could also be showing the water you are drinking, @BeStill but 80 hours is still great, even if you end up breaking, do what feels right for your body =).

(Carol) #231

@Shortstuff and @collaroygal, Iā€™ll join you for a meal less Monday. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #232

I will be happy to fast for the cause as well, to support @Shortstuff -count me in as well =).

I am pretty sure it is illegal to shoot them here in Canada, we are pretty strict about what you can shoot, and when, etc.

(Allie) #233

Thanks everyone for the support! :sparkling_heart:

Iā€™ve been at my desk for two hours so far, hugging a black coffee cup and hoping the air con breaks down :cold_face:

Actually Iā€™m going to leave my desk for a while now and move around a bit. If they donā€™t like it then they can fix the damn air con so it stops turning me to ice :smiling_imp:

(Allie) #235

This support is fantastic! :sparkling_heart:
Iā€™m currently at over 17 hours which is a normal fast length for me, but this cold makes it so much more difficult. Ten mins until I get my break so I will be going for my regular 3.3 mile lunchtime walk and that will warm me up nicely. Afternoons are always worse as the air con turns up and blows itā€™s nasty cold air at me harder, so I will be taking more and more breaks away from the arctic chill. If I make it through to tomorrow morning as I want to, then itā€™ll be around 35 or 36 hours when I break.

(Paul H) #236

I get cold as well during fasts but, I am a walrus type from the north-land so no biggie. Maybe you can get a little heater for under the desk?

So I broke my fast yesterday at 39 hours. Kinda disappointed in that I let the lunch room timing and eating get to me. I consider work a good place and time for my fasting. I think I am going to start breaking in another quieter break room. Another bad thing about it was I was not prepared. I got a cheese and sausage pack out of the machine along with a bag of popcornā€¦11 net carbs. Afterwards I did find a packet of coconut oil and that did satisfy me. Foolishness. When I got home my BG was 113ā€¦ actually good for me at that point. So I live and learn to fast another day. Keep up the good work people!

@cervyn So sorry to hear about your Pup. :frowning_face:

Glad to see/hear all you folks are having success and been doing some good Fasting. :+1:

I myself have been laying back some lately and actually been feeling a bit off since about last Tuesday or even before? Not sick, per se, but just not feeling all that well? So think I just need to try and do a full reset of sorts, and thinking a nice Fast might help with that? So Iā€™m just starting out now, just over 3 hrs. and might look just to do the rest of the week? Will have to see how things work out in the meantime.

Happy Fasting Folks. :+1:

Sometimes when you quote someone elseā€™s post, the ā€˜Blurā€™ option doesnā€™t always cooperate too well? Not sure why, but you can always just type back in the section and select ā€˜blurā€™ manually. :slight_smile: ā€¦I took care of it though.

@Kris3 Congrats on your Fast. :+1:

They are in a lot of places, including here. And the DNR blames a lot of the folks who feed them. Makes it no need to leave, since food is always present. But it also doesnā€™t give the area time to heal back up some in their absence. And like was mentioned, their droppings being all over the place isnā€™t fun to deal with, and most of our ponds (walkways) are usually inundated with this, which doesnā€™t go over too well.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #239

20+ hrs fasted and relieved. I had a tad bit of angst that I would not be able to fast through today because my last fast was stopped early in day 1 and it has been so long since I really fasted more than 19 hrs or so. But my gym routine was not intense this morning. Iā€™m moving my intense days to non-fasting days (Thur, Fri). Light rolling hunger and nothing I canā€™t handle. I can easily see myself moving to day two.

Happy fasting all.

(Carol) #240

For meal less Monday Iā€™m in at 24 and will probably end late tomorrow morning for a nice 42 hours. Iā€™m thinking of adding in Wednesday for a kind of ADF although Friday is out. Maybe Saturday or Sunday? After that I need to do one of those long-term eat-everyday-schedules before my yearly checkupā€¦ sigh

Happy to read everyone is doing well on their fasts!

(Susan) #241

I am coming up soon to hour 27 and wonā€™t break until tomorrow at 1pm, so I can do TMAD for tomorrow. Nice @damgal Carol =).

(KCKO, KCFO) #242

Iā€™m into hr. 22 this meal less Monday. So far it is going great. I am keeping busy prepping for our trip to Ketofest 2019. We are flying into Boston on Wed. Iā€™ll finish up my 36, which usually ends up around 40 hrs. instead since I am not a huge fan of eating breakfast, even after a fast.

Allie, hope you didnā€™t freeze today at the office.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #243

33+ hrs fasted and up early. Always sleep less the first night when fasting. But mentally Iā€™m real good.

I breezed through day 1+ and think day 2 will go well. I have a lot of technical work lined up today to keep me busy.

My belly got very soft overnight and I lost 5 lbs from 12 hours to 33 hours fasted. I decided not to measure BG or BHB till day 3 because Iā€™m running short of ketone strips.

So glad for this forum and this thread. Even when not fasting I read this thread a couple of times a day.

I will say Iā€™ve been wt stalled for 5 weeks or so but very little fasting of any length in that time period. But looking in the mirror my face looks better. Even when I have not been fasting my upper arms are showing some more loose skin. I think my body is recomposing but I donā€™t have hard numbers to confirm that.

Lately, I have been moving more towards simplifying what I eat and beef has been at the center of this shift. Maybe the drift toward more carnivore is changing my body.

(Allie) #244

Itā€™s the freezing cold air con that blows at me causing the issue. I sit with a blanket wrapped around my bottom half to try and protect my legs but still end up with a throbbing pain in my left hip / leg from the constant cold air. It makes fasting much more difficult, but I completed my plan this time :smiley:

(Paul H) #245

Glad you completed the plan albeit with some suffering. Management might look at helping out when you bring a heater with a fan like a hair dryer for under and on the desk. :open_mouth:

(Paul H) #246

Wish I was going but, I was a little late in the game and already have too many plansā€¦ Next year hopefully.

Iā€™m just over 20 hrs. myself and I will be taking some summer youthā€™s students out to my Pumping Stations and Leveeā€™s today, so should be a nice and slow day, showing them some of our operations.

(Mame) #249

Sound like itā€™s been a great week fasters. You are all awesome.

I am with you for most of Wednesday.
I only have one 24+ hour fast planned for this week and thatā€™s starting Wednesday morning (going out for a special birthday breakfast with wife, so odd I maybe eat breakfast once a month!) and going until Thursday eveningā€¦or maybe longer.

I decided to use the unusual breakfast meal to push my body out of any routine it is trying to find. I am trying to balance out success with mixing it up and not increasing stress/cortisol levels (because those are plenty high already).

Trying to come up with solutions and plan. I have 3+ days at the lake this weekend. I want to lose while I am up there not gain!

(Bob M) #250

Itā€™s good to see others overcoming cold, which is what happens to me, too. In fact, I gave up on fasting for a while because of this. The good news is that where I live, it is and is going to be freaking hot. The bad news is that we have family in this week, so fasting is taking a back seat to being with family. Will restart next week. The heat here will last until early next week, so Meal-less Monday it is!

Do you take measurements? Obviously theyā€™re not as clear cut as a DEXA scan to confirm recomp, but good enough. I take some measurements every week. Sometimes they donā€™t change, sometimes my weight doesnā€™t change and my measurements do.

Iā€™ve been doing a bunch of OMAD mixed in with my regular 16:8 schedule lately. I think I have only one proper fast day in the last 10 days. I keep thinking Iā€™m going to get a good two-day fast in, then I get hungry around dinner time and so mentally distracted for several hours that I give up and eat. But I really want to get back at it. Yesterday, in preparation I really feasted and Iā€™m feeling good this morning. Iā€™m planning on going until Thursday morning.

It seems like thereā€™s been a bunch of us with these kinds of issues lately. We do great for several months and then our ability to fast sort of collapsed. I wonder if itā€™s seasonal? Historically people may have fasted more in the winter when there was less food, but now itā€™s the fattening up season? Totally unscientific hypothesis. But I really donā€™t want to stagnate all summer.