July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Susan) #252

I will be breaking this Meal-less Monday Fast in a few minutes, got 43 hours in, and will be eating TMAD today, tomorrow, and Thursday. I am going to do the Zorn Fast from Thursday 4pm until Sunday 4pm. Happy Fasting everyone =).

(Bob M) #253

There probably is a seasonal aspect to it, though for me fasting is easier in the summer only because I can get warm.

Regardless of what others say about fasting, it can also be tough physically and mentally, especially as you get smaller. I used to fast 4.5-5.5 days, and exercise a few times while doing that. Now, I donā€™t even attempt to exercise while fasting. I can make it a few hours (usually, around 3) after my exercise, but I need to eat. When I was 30+ pounds heavier, it seemed to be easier.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #255

Iā€™m planning to do a 48hr fast starting after supper on the 26th :slight_smile: This will be another water fast. Iā€™ve already done a 44hr fast this month, but Iā€™m not ready to regularly fast. My goal is autophagy. If I go any longer than that, Iā€™d need to do a fat-fast.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #256

I measure my girth at the largest. But that is not going down. However the fat about it has fallen into the girth area. So I think Iā€™m losing belly fat just that there is a concentration are that will be the last to go down.

Someone that works with me that is keto says my face and upper body is significantly smaller these past two weeks. I will take that as a win.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #257

Iā€™m past 49 hrs and day two is in the can. Today was slightly harder than yesterday but not too bad. Iā€™ll go to about 69 hrs so that I have several hours to break my fast.

Iā€™m excited that this fast is going well. Hope to get to ~3 days and do this again next week as well.

(KCKO, KCFO) #258

Just a few mins. shy of 45 hrs. I had an appt. and very little time to eat and my stomach was letting me know it was time to feed it something. So I had a tiny lunch and rushed off to the appt.

Iā€™m heading out to Ketofest tomorrow. I think I am just going to enjoy having fresh seafood readily available for a few days and wait till I get back home to do another fast. Iā€™ll just IF each day and keep my eating window around 6 hrs.

Sounds like everyone is doing just fine, keep it up.

(Susan) #259

Have a really great time at Ketofest, I can just imagine how awesome that must be to go to that.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #260

Hubby will be out with friends tomorrow (he eats keto), but since it will be just me and the kids I plan to do a 48hr fat fast.

(Susan) #261

That is great =). I hope that it goes well for you =).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #262

I expect it to. Iā€™m interested to see what my numbers are like

(Susan) #263

Hopefully good =).

(Carol) #264

And I may just join you Thursday. :slight_smile: Friday is chick flick/keto snack day so canā€™t do the recommended ADF schedule. Ah well, my theory is donā€™t follow a schedule anyway so this is a good thing - I think.

I love being a little cooler when fasting, especially this time of year. Weā€™re running at 110 degrees now and I welcome any and all relief!

Getting my last fast for the week started and Iā€™m in at 5 hours. :grin:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #265

Happy Wednesday fasters and lurkers.
57.5+ hrs
Sleep better but not as solid the last 2 hrs as I would prefer.

BG 81 mg/dl
BHB 1.9 mmol/dl
GKI 2.37
BOZ 43

Some of my best AM overall ratios ever. Lowest fasted wt by 2.5 lbs at 188.4. I hope that means I busted my mini-wt-stall.

Iā€™m planning on breaking fast at 4 pm so that by the dinner meal I can eat a proper meal.

Iā€™m glad to be back in the fast saddle so to speak

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #266

I forgot to mention I was really cold and had warm bed clothes on. We keep our house cold at night because my wife gets very hot sleeping. But I might put an extra blanket on the bed next fast.

Completed my midweek gym routine. Today is my go easy day (waling, rowing, bike, walking) and I took it easy. Tomorrow will be resistance to failure lower body and I may do 3 meals to build bulk (<90 min post exercise protein intake)

Happy fasting all.

Everybody is doing great! It seems like things are shifting for those that have struggled recently.

Iā€™m about 37 hours in and plan on going until tomorrow. I did much better yesterday and got past the deadly evening hours where Iā€™ve just been caving in lately.

I set myself up with a big stretch goal for one month from now when I have a bunch of family coming into town. I challenged myself to see if I could reach my ā€œnot obeseā€ goal by then. Itā€™s a big reachā€“nearly 10 lbs.ā€“so I wonā€™t beat myself up about it if I donā€™t get there. But mentally it really helped me yesterday every time I thought about giving in. I just asked myself ā€œDo you want something to eat more than you want to meet your goal?ā€

Part of that goal, also means re-committing to exercising a little bit every day. I think this makes a big difference with my results, too. I donā€™t spend an hour at the gym, just 15 or 20 minutes at home or a walk. But looking back over the last few months, I was getting good results when I did this and when I started to slack off so did my results.

Iā€™m learning that I do well with these kinds of goals when thereā€™s something external about itā€“like Iā€™m going to see friends or family that I havenā€™t seen in a while. But when itā€™s more internalā€“Iā€™d like to get to X by my birthdayā€“itā€™s less motivating.

Anyway, this morning the scale was down 1.6 lbs., which is really good for me and Iā€™m feeling good.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #269

Okay at 69hrs and breaking my fast. Some more hunger today but that was all mental.

BG 64 mg/dl
BHB 2.9 mmol/dl
GKI 1.2
BOZ 22

These are my best number yet. I could tell they were going to be good. Some ketone smell in my urine and that is not typical for me. Very low stress at work today. Thanks be!

Water, 1 or 2 cups of green tea/day and 3 to 4 cups of mild coffee (black) per day. Had 2 flavored seltzer water each day. Did a BG test with the water Iā€™m drinking and did not see any significant change in BG (several weeks ago).

Breaking with homemade chicken bone broth, 1 small fermented (active) pickle and a few green olives. Up next will be the @Digital_Dave recommended small salad with olive oil. That at 30+ mins post bone broth.

This was my strongest ~3 day EF so far. Will do this again next week.

(Susan) #270

Awesome, Eric! Congrats =).

(Mame) #271

Wonderful numbers good for you!! look at that metabolism healing.

Itā€™s a good theory for me as long as it doesnā€™t result in not doing anything, LOL. (which can happen sometimes)

I am 8+ hours and feeling odd because I started in the morningā€¦ which may be the first time ever to try that. So good for me to mix it up! I am planning on 30 hours minimum but could go 56 hours if I push out to Friday.

I was seriously contemplating a salad this afternoon then a cherished colleague told me she resigned the previous day. Wow. I really wanted to break my fast but I did my best to sit with the emotional heaviness and not blunt it.

I understand and support her leaving but still so sad, and i will miss her. Hoping I can ride the urge, will use a fat or pickle juice crutch if needed later.

Sending out encouragement all around and inwards.

Thatā€™s actually a good self motivator in itself. Sometimes just asking ourselves what we want more, is exactly what we need to ask of ourselves. :slight_smile:

I ended up breaking today myself at 49 hrs. - No real reason for this, feeling fine and all, I just decided to eat something and just make this a two day Fast. But seriously thinking of breaking my usual protocol and actually starting another fast after eating today and tomorrow, and Fasting through the weekend and into next week. Not sure for how long, but weā€™ll see. ā€¦ Glad to see you folks having success! :+1:

(Susan) #273

Good luck with yours, @cervyn and you too @Digital_Dave

Happy fasting everyone =).