July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Brennan) #115

54 hours in, currently 3:30 am. Got a solid 5 hours of sleep, Yay!
Think I’m going to try getting a little more sleep.

40 hours in and low grade hunger. This is only my 3rd fast (1st was 24 hours, 2nd 36 hours) and hoping to make 72 hours or so - I’ll see how I feel later. lots of fasters have mentioned that day 2 is the hardest - I’m finding that low grade hunger has settled in. Not hunger pains, no headache, but rather low-grade general hunger. Which is great because I broke my 2nd fast at 36 hours due to raging hunger and headache.

Hope everyone in the US had a great 4th!

Intermittent fasting is still fasting! I don’t normally fast longer hours either - still dipping my toe in the water.

(Brennan) #119

Lol the pond is for anyone to swim in IF, EF, TRE any and all lengths of fasting. I’m glad you’re finding this helpful and don’t worry about what others are doing. We are all on our own separate journeys.
KCFO!

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #120

Happy Fasting Friday! I am 12 hours in to a planned 7 day fast. I’ve planned this with a friend for the last several weeks, we looked at our calendars and picked a 7 day period where we both were free of travel or major social commitments. I haven’t done an EF for a few months, and I travelled last week seeing friends and playing the roll of houseguest. It was impossible to stay strict keto throughout, so I expect the first couple of days to be fairly uncomfortable. That’s okay, I’m highly motivated for this fast!! My weight has plateaued the last 3 months and this is what I think will break it.

Hope you’re all having a great day! I’m going to start off with a big hike to burn all of the glycogen in my liver.

You’re doing great! There are actually fewer “big fish” here than it might seem. Lots of people are going along doing OMAD and maybe 36 hours. @Brennan is right that the pond is for everyone!

Wow! Good luck. I wish you all the stick-to-it-ive-ness that you need so you bust your plateau.

I’m at about 40 hours and planning to go until tomorrow. Had a nice drop of 1.6 lb. from yesterday, so I’m off to a good start and hopefully I’ll see a new (fasting) low tomorrow!

Prolonged fasting 72 hours?
(Brennan) #122

Well friends I’ve been invited to a :pig2: roast at a winery tomorrow. And that sounds like a good time to me! So I’m going to break now at 64 and switch to IF after a day or two of regular refeeding.
Y’all keep calm and fast on!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #123

Take me with you.

(Jane) #124

Me too!!!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I got a little too friendly with the hummus yesterday (I was dipping broccoli florets in it, then cheese, then bacon), and ended up eating somewhere around 3,000 cals for the day. So I’m fasting for 24 hours.

I am the poster child for why you shouldn’t pig out at 11pm. I didn’t sleep for shit

62 hours fasted. I have to say, as a relative newbie to Keto and to fasting it’s the strangest thing to go not eat during the day and that little voice in the back of your head chiming in with SAD viewpoint of you really should eat something and ignoring it.

Hunger stayed at a low thrum yesterday but drank lots and lots of water and ignored it. Up this morning with mild hunger, but then I just drank my water + ACV so it should hopefully subside soon. Planning on breaking fast for dinner this evening but I’ll see how the day goes.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #131

Happy Saturday Fasters!

I’m 36 hours in and yesterday was not so bad, just some underlying discomfort. I slept better than I expected too.

Yes, this! No matter what your former routines were, water fasts are boring! On feeding days I spend a good amount of time planning for, cooking, and eating. During a water fast, I only go into the kitchen to make tea or feed the cat, it is a little surreal.

I came back from my trip up 10 lbs. !!! That’s from a combination of dirty keto (honestly I wasn’t that bad), alcohol (okay, I was bad there), not sleeping a lot, and being at high altitude (hello Denver!). Today I’m just up 5, so looking forward for the rest of my vacation to whoosh away so that I can start chipping into the plateau.

I hope you all have a beautiful Saturday!

Hmmmm…66 hours in and starting to be quite nauseous. So off to start gently breaking the fast. Not bad for my 3rd fast. Next time I’ll prepare a bit better per Megan Ramos’ suggestion of loading up the day before a fast with lots of good fats. This fast was a bit unplanned.

Hope everyone have lovely days!

I ended up breaking last night for a late dinner. I was wondering how I’d do on this fast, because my feast days were just barely maintenance calories and usually I try to eat above that. When I don’t, I struggle though the fast. But yesterday evening I got the urge to eat all the things and my usual trick of half an avocado wasn’t cutting it. So I ate dinner.

Altogether it was about 48 hours. I’m still happy overall. Last time I made a major effort at losing weight I managed to get down to 204.4. This morning I was at 204.2. So, I’m now at the lowest weight I’ve been in nearly three years, down from the highest I’d ever been in January. I’m sure I’ll get a bounce from the regain, but I’m still celebrating!

(Jane) #135

You are flirting with Onderland there!!!

:smiley:

Yep. Onederland, just plain fat (not obese) and 40 lbs. lost are all within a couple of lbs of each other for me. But at the rate I typically lose weight, that’s a month away.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #137

That’s really awesome, congrats!!

(Jane) #140

That’s great - a month will pass before you know it!

I’ve done 17, 24, 14, 24, and 18 the last five days. I have been trying to be more consistent with a 5-6 hour feeding window. I find that when I start IFing that I tend to do it maybe too many days in a row. Today I ate 3 times between 9 and 4. Will do at least 16-18 after today. May try to feed again tomorrow and then might try my first fast over 24 hours into the work week after my last meal tomorrow. Inspired by everyone’s success!

(Tamela Robinette) #142

I am at 18 hours just now, unsure of how long I will go. I did OMAD yesterday of bacon & egss because I gained 8.5 pounds on my 6 days at the beach! I completely fell off the keto wagon! It was really odd, I usually do much better when on vacation. I know a lot of it is water weight and not true fat gain so I will KCKO as well as KCFO but I was shocked when I stepped on the scales haha. I do feel bloated and heavy and I am looking forward to getting that in check. I am getting ready to head out to the gym to get a good workout in, which always makes me feel better. Have a great day everyone!