July 2018 ZornFast

(Nathan Toben) #81

@Baytowvin, interesting. Yeah I think I am going to wait another month to more comprehensively adapt to fat-burning. As a food courier, I fear doing an EF because biking all day fasted will leave me feeling depleted and boy does it hurt to keep pedaling through that. However with another month under my belt, the rate at which I burn fat might be enough time to help spare me from that. Starting on a Thursday is a smart because then you carry over into the weekend (y’all got this stuff dialed) and can take it easy physically.

Do any of us ever experience athletic breakthroughs in an EF state?

(KCKO, KCFO) #82

Listen to these:

(Andrew Broombaugh) #83

Hey Zorn-Fasters! I’m excited to join you this month!

I’ve done a few 42-45 hour fasts since starting keto at the end of February and have been able to lose and keep off 40lbs and lost >4in in my waist (I need to measure or go buy new pants as the 44in waist now fall off). Hoping to use this EF to transition into regular Alternate Day fasting.

Good Luck everyone, it’s time to go make the Keto-Aid!

(Jane) #84

18-hrs in and feeling really good so far… sipping on my ketoaid…

First time I’ve ever started a fast midday but it just worked out that way with my travel schedule. It was easier to get to sleep last night because I was only mildly hungry and woke up this morning w/o any hunger at all. Of course that is normal for me these days, thanks to keto.

I plan a light workout at the hotel this evening.

KCFO (keep calm and fast on!)

(Kimberly Lee) #85

I am in! I will start today though as I have a family gathering Saturday afternoon. So I will start after my late lunch and stay there until late lunch on Saturday. So that will be 70-72 hours of the fast. I have done these before, and the last one was at the first week of June before my lab work draw. Excited to be in the group :grinning:. I use keto-aid twice a day, and for this will resort to black coffee, tea and sparkling waters for my go to. I have been keto since mid Feb. I also wanna see what my ketones do as I am on this fast and will keep track of it.

I have a trip to Mexico in a month and this may just be what I need to jumpstart my kind of a lagging weight loss. I know when my pants fit nicely, I don’t care what the scales say.

(Lonnie Hedley) #86

Today’s feast has been planned and it’s going to be a big one. Should finish before 7, so that’s when I’ll start the timer. I like to track, so I always track during fasts.

I start with a morning prefast weight and then track each morning of the fast. This time I included pics.

No longer about weight loss, but it’s good to see any trends.

(Karen) #87

July 16-18 FAT fasting. 161 to 159.6 to 158.0 this morning.

K

(Sandra R. Case) #88

I am fat fasting today to get ready for the water fast starting tonight. I am hoping this prep work will make this upcoming 4 day fast go better than my last attempted 7 day fast that ended on day 5 after feeling extremely weak on both day 4 and day 5.

(Lonnie Hedley) #89

Feast complete…fast timer has started.

(Jane) #90

30 hours and feel pretty good so far. I’ll be headed to bed soon and by the time I wake up I will be 41 hrs into my fast and past the halfway point.

I am shooting for 70 hours and will break my fast at my boss’ bday celebration Fri noon.

We are starting at a local bar and ending up at a local Mexican food place with excellent fajitas! I get it made into a salad.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #91

Not unsafe, no.
We must be mindful of not slowing down our metabolism. That is the issue. Small calorie controlled meals not eaten to satiation can be a problem.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #92

I couldn’t do it today.
When I broke my 36 hour fast yesterday, had bacon eggs sausages and some mushrooms.
When dinner time came, I was not hungry at all, I ended up having a small bowl of cream but couldn’t even finish that.
I was not able to refeed enough in time, but I maintained my 4.8lbs loss.
I think I will continue trying 36 hour fasts, and attempt the 3 day fast next month. Bit too much too soon I feel. Though I may join in Friday night - Sunday night.

(Ron) #93

@ava_ad0re
I broke a 52 hr fast this evening with refeed and am planning to start ZornFast after tomarrow afternoon feast. Why don’t you join me or does the time difference from where we’re located make it not doable?

I am starting a 40-hour fast. I ate at 8:30 p.m., and I’ll have something to eat Friday at 12:30 p.m. This will be my longest (did 37 hours last week).

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #95

I am going to go from Friday evening to Sunday lunch time. It’s almost 3pm Thursday here Ron, I will have my last meal around 8:30pm Friday Night, does that roughly match up to you?

(Ron) #96

So your going to start about 30 hrs from now. I’m going to start in about 20 hrs and also going to Sunday evening so we’ll be doing it the same time. Mine is just a little longer time span and your right in the middle of it. That’s cool, I will support you and you can keep pushing me.:wink::ok_hand:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #97

Sounds like a well formulated plan, @mtncntrykid! Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

(Ellie) #98

I started yesterday after lunch. I am aiming for 50 hours. Not as long as last month, but I have family commitments and I’m ok with starting early and shortening it this time.
Good luck everyone.

(Marfi) #99

27hrs in and feeling good, apart from a bit of occasional stomach grumbling. Going to bed soon, looking forward to the fasting high tomorrow!!

(Lonnie Hedley) #100

Feasted on over 2000 calories my last meal because I’ve heard it makes the beginning of the fast easier. A little over 12 hours and I’m STARVING. Maybe it was because I walked the dog then mowed the lawn after the feast.