July 2018 ZornFast

(Jeanne Wagner) #41

I got the streaming too! But my power supply went out and it might be here in time. I think I can use my iPad if necessary.

(Jeanne Wagner) #42

Well Brenda I started my weekend fast yesterday, but I might join in again for Ketofest weekend! I really hope to be able to attend one of these years soon. I’m just going to put it out to the universe that it will continue to be funded each and every year. :wink:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #43

When you do finally come to KetoFest consider being a volunteer. Volunteers get to go to an exclusive After Party on Sunday night with the 2KetoDudes crew!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #44

It will. Trust me.

(Lonnie Hedley) #45

In for third month in a row. Skipped April because it fell on my birthday weekend. Goal is always 90 hours, but I evaluate how I’m feeling every day. I think last month was around 48 hours. That’s a number I’m completely comfortable with so I think that’s a minimum.

(Jeanne Wagner) #46

I have totally thought of that!! :+1:

The dreaded day three has come and gone without a dizzy spell or exhaustion. I think I must finally be fat adapted, the difference is almost unbelievable. I am well and truly into day 4 now and feel fantastic. I am hoping to make it a five day fast but won’t say no to a seven day fast if my body is as strong as it is now.

@Daisy On a side note, I was listening to the latest Keto Woman podcast, there was a section about oregano oil as a topical treatment for skin conditions. I bought some today and applied it after my shower, and now I smell like a pizza–not my brightest idea during a fast.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #48

At least it will go well with your “Mrs. Parmesan Cheese” name! :laughing:

I’m in. Started yesterday, at 10pm.The goal is 96 hours. I have a social event on Wednesday, though. If I go and decide I will feel too deprived, I’ll eat and won’t feel guilty about it. Anyway I usually find it easier not to eat when I have company. It’s much more problematic when I’m alone. Old eating disorder struggles, I guess.

Same with me… I started last night as well… Will attempt to make it go till Thursday as well. Good luck!

(Ron) #51

Starting this evening and shooting for Sunday evening. Good success everyone!

Update:

I am into my 5th day now and feeling great, although last night was a struggle mentally. My body was telling me to go to sleep but it was too earlier so I ignored it, this was a mistake as it resulted in me thinking about food even though I wasn’t hungry. I could have bypassed this if I had listened to my body and just gone to sleep.

I want to push to a 7 day fast but am prepared to break my fast this evening if a mental battle ensues.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #53

How do you prepare for this 3 day fast?
When do you eat your last meal on Wednesday?

Just curious, not sure I’m capable of joining in yet.
I’m on my 4th 24 hour fast ever, considering stretching this out to 36.
Though not sure it’s healthy to try a 3 day without a few solid attempts at 36.

Curious to know thoughts :slight_smile:

(Ron) #54

Katie,
If you start after wed evening dinner, don’t eat thursday, friday morning when you wake up you have made the 36hr mark. Easy peasy!:smile:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #55

I’m going to try and do it tonight Ron, I am keen!

Last meal was at 9:50 last night, I am going to fast until tomorrow morning at 9:50 and I am going to break that fast with bacon, eggs, sausages and a few mushrooms. Nom.

(Ron) #56

When you break, take a very small portion of something and then wait an hour or so , then go ahead and have a meal. This wakes the digestive tract up and gets it going without overloading it right up front.:ok_hand:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #57

Ahhh, thank you for the tip, I had wondered about that.
When I try and eat my evening meal it seems so huge, I definitely struggle.

(Ron) #58

The digestive tract shuts down on a fast so if you refeed in bulk it overwhelms many peoples systems. It is just easier all around to dip your toe in first and test the waters.:laughing:

Is it possible that since I supplement more salt, It makes me need more magnesium? Crampy legs is back after 4 days of supplementing 2 more grams salt.

Newbie here. I’ve only been keto for a month and a half, but have been itching to try a 3 day fast. I started to the other day and ended up changing my mind around dinnertime. I think I’m going to try and join in the famous ZornFast this month, unless any of you recommend against it for someone still fairly new to keto. I think knowing that I’m not the only crazy person not eating for those 3 days will make it much more enjoyable.