July 2018 ZornFast

(Empress of the Unexpected) #21

Katie - you are way ahead of me. We can do this! At least I can try. You will probably be more successful than me.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #22

Hot green tea gives me a stomach ache. Oddly, iced tea does not. Will probably stick to coffee.

(Michelle) #23

The one time I fasted more than a day (my first time was this week) My Family ate meals I had prepared earlier and froze. If that is an option for you, try it! That made mealtime much less stressful for me. I can microwave or throw something in the oven without the intimacy of cutting, stirring, seasoning, etc. :wink:

Hi there…I would love to join for the July Zorn Fast…so far have been successful with one day fast and did a two day fast last week ( loved how I felt with that one)…but I think I’ll need the support and encouragement of the group to do the 3 days…

(KCKO, KCFO) #25

Do iced tea, it works just fine. You just can’t do Southern style sweet iced tea. If the tea is too strong without the sugar, try brewing it in the fridge. Put your tea bags in a container with water, set in fridge for a few hours. Smooth and so drinkable on these hot days most of us are getting.

Welcome to the fasting world.

Awesome, the 19th seems about right for me for my next extend fast of 3-4 days potentially.

Time to activate ‘Cave MAN’ mode again; I always find something to eat at the end of a long trek but just the bus service back to my cave is terrible!

I’m in too! Good luck everyone!

(JS) #28

I second the cold brew method. When I tried to drink it hot, I simply couldn’t stand the taste and it gave me a stomachache. Now, I put a few green tea bags in a pitcher overnight. It’s smooth & tasty. Lately, I’ve started brewing it with a tiny bit of lavender in a tea ball. It’s wonderful.

I am in for my second ZornFast, ive been making efforts every day this week, but failing due to wolfish hunger (pre-shark). I hope I feel in more control by wednesday.

(Ron) #30

Just breaking a 72hr fast so timing of the 19th is perfect for starting another one. Enough time to ramp up the old metabolism, so I’m in!:grimacing:

Since last ZornFast one month ago, i have used ketoaid (water with a little salt) daily, fasting or not. And I have not had headache even one day since.

For the previous 20 years of my life, i have logged 10 days with headache pr month, a third of my life. And now one whole straight month with NO headache at all! I hope its not placebo or something… maybe it was just salt all along? For me this is HUGE!

(KCKO, KCFO) #32

Just realized during this month’s Zornfest, I will be streaming Ketofest. I don’t have to worry about what to do the keep my mind off of eating. I will just fill my mine with Science instead of eating :sunglasses:

First day down and I’m feeling great, it’s that dreaded third day I fear.

(Ashley) #34

I’m in! I’ll start Friday again due to already having meal plans with a friend!

(Ashley) #35

Streaming ketofest? Details?

(KCKO, KCFO) #36

Go to this page and click on order tickets, live stream of the Ketofest are now $125.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #37

I am so very very happy for you! If my little homemade cheap drink mixture has changed your life you’ve made my whole day

(Sandra R. Case) #38

I am in for July’s fast. I am a 72 yr female who has been keto for several months and low carb before that. My overall weight loss has been about 45 lbs with the last 22 lbs on strict Keto and bouts of IM and extended fasting. My first 7 day fast was great, The second one at 5 days I was complete exhausted. Like I hit the runner’s wall.
My third attempt was the same - crash and burn at 5 days. So maybe a four day fast is my best option. I, of course, used all the salt/potassium suggestions during all the fasts. Looking for some support for this next one.
Thank you!

(KCKO, KCFO) #39

Sandra, a 5 day fast is awesome stuff. Since you don’t have all that much weight to lose now, it is probably your body telling you to dial it back some. I had been following low carb eating, not keto or LCHF, it was was a 40c/30p/30f type diet before I decided it was just taking me in circles. I’d lose then gain. So I started keto and fasting to lose the last 15 or so lbs. then I gradually upped the carbs to about 50 g. daily. I have maintained my weight by eating this way, doing a longer fast, this one, monthly and IFing about 5 days a week. My first fasts were the easiest ones too. I can only go about 60 hrs. max these days. Of course my body can’t feast on that much fat now as in the beginning.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.

(Sandra R. Case) #40

That’s what I was thinking! Watch the Screencast and drink water…