July 2018 IF / EF chat ALL WELCOME

(Susie) #402

Day 3 of my fast. Breaking tomorrow for breakfast so will be 82 hours. Really feeling it today. Have had about 5 cashews and 5 macadamias today to just get through. Right now I have pain spreading right through my chest and arms. ( no I don’t think I’m having a heart attack) I’m tempted to break it now but I’ve just jumped into bed so hopefully will sleep and all these aches will go and I can stick to my plan. Otherwise I guess I’ll be up at 2am making an omelette :grinning:

(Allie) #403

I got hit with another migraine type thing this morning so that’s three in 24 hours where I normally get maybe three a year… have arranged an eye check tomorrow to rule out any issues :frowning:

On a different note, I’ve been staying off EF and just doing IF for the last couple of weeks as well as shifting my eating window back to mornings instead of evenings, and (until this migraine thing the last couple of days) am feeling a lot better than I had been.

Thank you! I did it—4 days! Broke the fast successfully last night with probably about 1000 calories, spaced out of course. Some stomach rumbles but nothing worse than that after breaking the fast!

Yeah! Great job!

(Teresa (turtle)) #406

I am currently sitting at Day 2: 33 hours. Only black coffee with sea salt, keto aide and water today. :muscle:

Was trying for 72 but made it 69 hours before I broke the fast. Thinking about starting another one pretty soon since I am enjoying this so much and want to try again for 72. Each time seems a little easier!

Kris, same here! I’ve been noticing that times I expect to be getting fed are the worst. I’ve been calling them “mealposts.” Like mileposts. I’m hoping that the more I do this the less my body acts that way. But it’s extreme! Never realized it before.

(back and doublin' down) #409

Hoooray!!! that’s 3 days in my book!
@climbergirl, you did amazing!

@Shortstuff Allie, glad you are feeling better.

You guys with headaches remind me of those weird eye problems I have when I fast. My next extended (more than 2 days) fast will be end of August and if the contacts have to come out again, it’s going to make me question my body’s reaction to fasting. Still going to IF. keeping a short eating window keeps my insides happy and then I don’t fear binging.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #410

42 hours. Headache mostly gone, feeling good. actually not planning on breaking the fast at 44 anymore … it’s just starting to get to the sweet spot, and I’ll be busy tonight anyway…

(Allie) #411

@Lunalee13 72 was my first EF goal and once i got there, I was at 120 in no time. You’re almost there :slight_smile:

(Susie) #412

Well it’s 1am in NZ and I’ve woken from a rather restless sleep and decided to break my fast st 77 hrs. Munching on a bowl of macadamias and cashews to get me through to breakfast when hopefully I can put these aches behind me. I’ve got a job interview today so need to have my wits about me.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #413

Good luck Susie! You’ll kill it!! :metal:

(KCKO, KCFO) #414

Well done YOU. Broke it properly as well.

Hi fasting friends! Thank you all for the support and encouragement! Shortstuff I’m sorry the migraines are coming around. I get those too and man is it a hassle and also scary.

I had a great day of lounging around and now I’m back to try another three day run, starting now.

Hope the aches go away!

That means a lot! Thank you! Never knew this was even a possibility.

The best part of fasting… beIng busy and the hours fly by! I actually feel like this encourages me to do more. Like tonight, organizing photo frames, can’t wait😃! Been wanting to do this forever. It’s like autophagy for my closet! Haha!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #419

I was with friends at a festival. There were foodstands everywhere and it didn’t even phase me… :heart_eyes::sunglasses:
The power of fasting!

That rules!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #421

Reached 60 hours. Not hungry but the headache is killing me. I just got over the ‘detox hump’ I would hate to break my fast now and have my gut go crazy on me :roll_eyes: