July 2018 IF / EF chat ALL WELCOME

(Sybella) #382

i love this easy workout.

I made it through day 2 and slept a solid 8.5 hours last night, whereas I had trouble sleeping the first night (well technically the second night night since it was hours 24-36) of my fast! So I think it’s getting easier! I think I can go a full 3 days but we’ll see!

(back and doublin' down) #384

You are so welcome! I feel similarly supported and encouraged by this thread ~ amazing collection of experience, strengths and hope. Congratulations, not only the ‘did it’ factor. You are rewiring your brain to believe in yourself, and for me, that’s success!

Great job ~ for me, that’s the hardest night of sleep. That 48 hr hump seems a common roadblock.

IME Nights after that may be shorter, but the bump in energy means I’m still not tired. These past days 4 and 5 were increased production days. Between more energy, no hours spent cooking/eating/cleaning kitchen, and an extra hour or two due to less sleep, I’m relatively caught up at work, have things done around home. Yesterday and today were relax and refeed days.

(Justin Jordan) #385

Just barely managed to do one day a week of fasting all July - yesterday was challenging, for whatever reason.

I think in August I’m going to try two days - probably Sunday and Wednesday. With a longer fast in there somewhere, I think.

(KCKO, KCFO) #386

I just completed a week of ADFing and yes, it isn’t harder than OMAD. I was just trying to keep off the weight I lost during July’s Zornfast, I had gotten to the top of my goal weight range. So far, after a week, really just 3 fasting days, it seems to be working. I am going to have a go at another week of it. If nothing else it is a change from my normal mix to fasting protocols. This was my first ADF round.

I’m at the very beginning of day 4 and determined to make it a full four days but omg the last few hours were so hard. I was at a party with all sorts of delicious smelling food and it made me so hungry. Then my 2 year old was being a pain at bedtime—if she makes me go into her room one more time I will seriously lose it. If I can just get to sleep so this day can be over…

(TJ Borden) #388

I truly believe sleep is fastings best friend

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #389

So I set a goal of 36 hrs minimum, water and coffee only. reaching 12 hrs. feeling good.

I CAN get rid of those loopholes and excuses for giving into eating even when not hungry. things will get easier once I start fasting and be in that super keto fueled state… I need to remember that…

So true Baytovin! Climbergirl, hope your little one settled down for you! It’s really hard being around all that kids food and smelling it and then having them act up… I go thru that too. And Keto chick, have an awesome day!

Trying for one more day to make three this time. I feel up for it now, I’m gonna go for it. After this I might switch to ADF for a few days and start back on another two or three day fast after that. This seems to be working for my stall, hope it lasts!

(Teresa (turtle)) #391

Started an extended fast for weight loss last night (10:30 pm EST) consuming only water, keto aide and coffee (with 1 TBS of HWC). It’s an open-ended one as I really want to see how long I can go, my longest one so far was 113 hours (4 and 1/2 days) and I would love to make it to a full 5 days. I took a mini-vacation last week and weekend and I am at around 25 pounds from my goal weight. Please wish me good luck!! :shamrock:

(back and doublin' down) #392

In theory, a fast and/or keto WOE is always working on something! Hopefully the targeted stall will be nothing but historic by end of day. Wishing you every success today!

I had two nice days of eating after my 5 day “fat” fast (I do use crutches to keep going) and trying to decide what to do with these next three days. It’s at least a OMAD thing, and maybe a 40+ hour fast today, eat tomorrow night, fast again for 40+ hours. Can’t take lunch, out of my normal work routine. Just feels easier to do it without food. Going to try with just the one crutch a day (coffee+butter) and drink tons of water & salt.

Good Luck!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #393

I really liked that video and the inputs :slight_smile: maybe that helps?

(Kimberly Lee) #394

Back on another EF. I am doing it for health, but also for convenience. Getting my life in gear to go on two back to back vacations. Yay! Since I won’t be cooking (or cleaning up), I will “begin” my vacay early with rest and leisure instead of cramming my day full of chores. I felt so great last week on my fast that I am looking forward to how this makes me feel again. I did add the Vora app this time (thanks for the suggestion) and I am now 16 hours into my fast. I also like to track my ketones, so this time I even started out higher on ketones than the last two times. It will be neat to see what happens through this fast, compared to the last two.

Thanks everyone! So true about sleep–and SO thankful I was able to sleep TEN HOURS last night!! I’m now halfway into day 4 and determined to make it through the day even though I am finally starting to feel a tiny bit weak. We’ll see if some black coffee helps. Man, it’s like that party yesterday just destroyed me–used it every last bit of willpower and now I’m exhausted! I am definitely breaking the fast tonight because I’m going out of town tomorrow for a bunch of meetings and can’t afford to feel weak, and obviously don’t want to break the fast during that.

(Allie) #396

I’ve been feeling bad since yesterday and not even fasting (except regular IF) so can’t blame that :joy: Headache since yesterday, pain the left side of my neck too - you know how it feels when you’ve slept awkwardly? Hopefully it’ll ease off tomorrow. I suspect a trapped nerve or something as twice today I’ve had disturbed vision like I get with migraines. Not nice sitting at a desk trying to work without being able to see straight but thankfully it passed after about 20 mins both times.

Geez that sounds awful! Sure hope you feel better soon!

Great job! You’re almost there!

So far I just have to get through tonight. Then the part I find hardest, breaking the fast. I must admit I almost went running for food today because i was so annoyed. I dumped some salt in my mouth when no one was looking and chugged some water. Then I was headed to the cafe when I suddenly felt fine and not frantic for food again. It was crazy and miraculous. So grateful for this.

Hardest parts of an EF for me is both the first night (hour 24 since I eat OMAD dinner) and the third night. (72 hours) I can’t seem to make it to that 4th day.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #401

okay I met my goal of 36 h waterfast only 80% :roll_eyes::sweat_smile: did 24 hrs waterfast, had a little bit of butter yesterday evening and fasting on… right now I am at 36. Fasting on because breaking it during the day isn’t handy anyways…

Tomorrow is a holiday in switzerland, so I’ll have a feasting day and hope to do 48 hrs again at the end of the week…