July 2018 IF / EF chat ALL WELCOME

(back and doublin' down) #321

Always think of myself as a Cannibal when I’m fasting ~ literally letting my body eat itself.

Woke with a headache. Not ready to blame it on fasting because of the weather change. Started with salt and coffee. at 60 hours and have my eyes set on a 120 hour goal line

Jules, so true! Hopefully the feeling fades as my body realizes how good this is for me.im wondering if next time I might try longer so I’m not watching the clock as much. I really don’t feel actually hungry at all, just my brain not getting that enjoyment it expects mostly. Almost there for this time.

(Kimberly Lee) #324

Re-posting because - well “buttons and too many clicks” lol had me deleting my own post accidentally hahaha!

I started an EF last night after dinner. It is planned before my PHA for work. I will be at 60+ when I get my blood drawn, but I really wanna try to push past that and wait until Saturday to eat. I am trying to heal my insulin resistance, and am hoping I can re-live how great I felt when I did a 61 hour fast last week, but see if I can make it further to reap the health benefits. This time I am going to avoid my stevia and see what my ketones do with that. I will drink my keto-aid - but blech - I had so gotten used to it with my stevia crutch so I am hoping I can tolerate it lol! I am determined.

My work does the height/weight ratio and and I will say beginning keto and IF in March - I went from a 33 inch waist to a 31 inch waist pretty quickly. This puts me in a really good spot to get the insurance discount they offer for those of us who maintain our health.

I also have a trip coming up and I am wanting to keep this “skinny” feeling I have been having. Post menopausal issues was making it so hard for me to lose, and I found the magic in keto and IF. What I love about it, is if I just can’t hack it (the 88 hour mark), there are no worries for me to break the fast. I already feel great. I want to see what my body can do - so I am eager to hang in there.

Thankful for the board and the two Keto Dudes :):grinning: KCKO!

Rock on Kris! Yeah, love this!

Sweet, Kimberly! Looking forward to having goals like this!

(Central Florida Bob ) #327

Someone here said they were either scolded by their lab or the lab refused to draw their blood because they told the lab they were in an extended fast. Apparently when the labs say to fast “at least 12 hours” there’s some sort of maximum, too. I don’t recall who/when it was, but maybe someone else will.

I have to schedule my annual labs soon and have been wondering about that too. I’ve been doing ADF fasts, three times a week for five weeks, now. (Fast three days, eat four). Don’t quite know how to arrange my schedule.

(Kimberly Lee) #328

I did it as well when I went to my wellness doctor. My labs looked pretty awesome, and those are the extensive ones. I don’t plan on telling the doctor - so that may be the key :smile: I do know the only thing my work labs check for are markers that really don’t help. They test cholesterol - my TSH T2 (which I take HRT so they will be pretty much nill since they never look at the T3 to T4 to know that those are amazing) - and that’s about it. I think they may check the health of the liver? The do not check A1C - or glucose, cortisol or any other diabetic marker. Pretty much a worthless test which is why I go to my wellness doctor.

About 66 hours in and I want to eat. BAH HUMBUG. water and electrolytes going in. Hope that helps.

(Aimee Moisa) #330

I have said it before and I will say it again, I dont understand this whole not being hungry thing. How is it possible that a life long binge eater and food addict can just not eat whenever she feels like it?!?

I have eaten when I the hunger got distracting or, I dont know, out of habit I guess? Went to dinner with friends, I ate because it was expected. I could have had a glass of water and kept on going.

I am so confused.

I am not being melodramatic. I really dont understand how this is possible.

Your body’s primary fuel source is fat now. Your body will get it from inside your stomach or on the outside of it. Pretty sweet gig.

(back and doublin' down) #332

Keep reading, keep studying. Check out some podcasts about fasting.

I’m at 73 hours. No stomach growling. No lightheadedness. Ice water is a new addition to my fasting and it’s working great! Did have a little bone broth around lunch time, thinking I can go the full 120

There’s no way I’m gonna make it past 72 hours. I’m fantasizing about putting over easy eggs on top of my 6 egg, bacon, sausage, cheese and jalapeno omelette.

(Aimee Moisa) #334

@Paendora I understand the science I’m just having an identity crisis. I thought I was the girl who needed to eat the world, now I don’t have to eat much of anything.

If you eat the world, use mustard.

Don’t stress about it, just enjoy it! No excuses for bingeing now though…!
Woke up pretty hungry myself this morning, only 36hrs of a 42hr fast. Workout, water & salt is 9hopefully) keeping it at bay…

(Allie) #337

I’ve shifted my eating window back to early in the day, it had been evenings for a while, and feel so much better now.

Ok, finished 46.5 hours. A new personal best. Started another fast right away after dinner, this time going for 48. Weird result was that I weighed two pounds more after fasting two days. Too much salt? Who knows. Anyways trying again because I feel a lot better fasting then eating right now.

(back and doublin' down) #339

Me as well! Congrats on your new fasting record and exercise of that ‘fasting muscle.’

Just hit 84 hours. Was a little hungry this morning but after black coffee (skipped the HWC) and a good hot tub soak, feel pretty good. Taking some bone broth to work just in case. Eating more salt. Still wearing glasses instead of contacts. Eyes better but not optimum. 120 hours feels very doable right now.

(Jane) #340

You guys are doing great!

I was going to ADF again this week but meeting my youngest son for lunch instead. I don’t get to see him very often so not passing up this chance. Can always ADF next week when I get back to Houston. I suppose it might be on the August thread - where has the year gone???

(Aimee Moisa) #341

Thanks for the pat on the back. :slight_smile: