July 2018 IF / EF chat ALL WELCOME

(KCKO, KCFO) #301

Finished up Zornfast with 95 hrs. of fasting. Feeling good. I only had half a cup of coffee with hwc once during that time so mostly just water/ketoaid and salt.

I decided to eat today and then tomorrow fast, to get an alternate day fasting week going. I haven’t done one of those before.

(Jane) #302

Doing a fat fast today to get some of the extra carbs out of my system I ate yesterday (not terrible - one slice of bread) and just because.

Doing a block of cream cheese and BPC today. I’ve had decent results with fat fasts and for me a lot easier than water/coffee fasting.

Was planning to fast till supper tonight. Went out for sushi last night. It was okay - I was going to try to stick to ketosis best I could but the menu was limited and sashimi would have costed us extra (which would be ok if there were more keto friendly foods to go with it). So I just ate sushi, stayed away from extra rice or noodle dishes. Feel fine today. Was going to water fast until supper but I’m super hungry so I got an iced coffee for now.

(Ellen) #304

Just broken fast, almost 120 hours, still only managed 1114 calories and am stuffed, so will try a few more EF’s until get to point can actually eat my TDEE.

(Ron) #305

I just tried to do that for ZornFast and my body didn’t like it too well. Maybe more experience will allow me to later. Best wishes and success.

(back and doublin' down) #306

I’m a bit late to this party in commenting (was on vacation, catching up on forum reading). this is what I call a ‘fat fast’ as well ~ keeping my BPC and maybe some bone broth later in the day, but otherwise water/unsweetened tea/coffee and salt.

Started this morning, hope to fast at least 3 days, may go for 5.

Hello All, glad to be joining you here! I’m doing a 48 hour fast, which will be my new longest. I did 40 two weeks ago but haven’t fasted since. Started at noon today and will go till noon the day after tomorrow. I’m planning just coffee, tea, water and electrolytes this time to see how it goes.

I’ve been doing pretty well, just haven’t been posting much. I’ve done a butt-ton of OMAD / warrior fasts since we get back in town after the 4th. I also talked the little woman into doing more IF. She actually did a 36 hour fast (unthinkable only a few months ago) and she felt great. Since she’s not used to it she had some, uh, interesting digestive events but that’s okay. She also got some “powerade zero” to ward off fatigue & headaches.

Today was, surprise surprise, a warrior fast. Will break in about an hour.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #309

trying to go for a 3 day fat fast. 14 hrs down.
I don’t dare go full blown water fast right now, because water fasts seem to make me crazy when I am under a lot of stress…

Salty water and hot tea for my breakfast today. I’m going to henna my hair later after taking my kids where they need to go. If I’m lucky I’ll get some cleaning done.

(back and doublin' down) #311

Almost to 36 hours. So far my post-vacation fasting isn’t as tough as I anticipated. With one exception. My eyes dried out at almost exactly 24 hours. Anyone else? Suddenly my contacts seemed to be flaking off my eyeballs and I couldn’t get them out fast enough. Even wearing my glasses this morning, my eyes feel dry. Looking back, this has happened with other fasts and I didn’t connect it due to winds or allergies. But maybe it’s the fasting? I’m going to increase my water and salt intake today.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #312

Checking in late for July!

(Jane) #313

Ended my fat fast at 37 hours this morning. Fat fasts hardly feel like fasts to me - unlike water fasts where my muscle isn’t as strong yet.

In fact, last night was babysitting the grandsons so my son and DIL could enjoy a date night and forgot I was fasting and reached for a bite of the chicken I’d brought the boys. Caught myself in time!

No idea if I lost any weight since I am not home but every time I fast more age spots disappear from my arms and hands so it is so worth it!

I have dry eyes anyway, but I think they are worse fasting. Doesn’t seem to make much difference how much I drink!

Hope your eyes feel better Paendora!
Working on hour 29 now. Making progress on my mood management which is my main side effect. I feel like I have a short fuse while fasting. Salty green tea is my friend. Planning on catching up on some sleep and getting up early for a workout. Did my henna, it worked great! Cleaned the fridge, ready to watch a show tonight! You fellow fasters have really inspired me. Thanks for all you say and do!

(back and doublin' down) #316

Congrats on 29 hours & counting! I was a little irritable today, too. Maybe we should focus on some self care. I think I’m going to sit on the couch and rub goats milk lotion on my feet.

I’m still wearing my glasses. Eyes feel better, but not ‘contact ready’ better. So I’ll hold off for a few days. About to hit 48 hours and without bone broth! Weighed this morning and the 4lbs gained over vacation are gone, so now any loss will be new loss.

That is awesome! Sounds like things are going great! Feel like tonight was the difficult part of the fast, glad it’s bedtime. Tomorrow AM will be quite busy. I kinda want to keep going but my plan is to do the 48 hours every week for a month and then increase it to three days if I can. Great idea on self care! Gonna do an easy 20 min yoga routine.

I like this thread. It so much more relaxed than I thought it would be. Everyone just supports each other doing their thing.

I planned on fasting until supper since I worked all day - fat fast I guess since I had an iced coffee (cream only) in the am and an iced passion tea (with hwc) in the afternoon. Totally forgot I had to work at my other job afterwards. Made it until about 8pm, but ended up eating two slices of turtle cheesecake that someone had brought for an employee’s birthday.

I think that will be it for today, not the best OMAD and definately not keto (though overall carbs for the day are still low) but I am full, satiated, no cravings and feel good. Back to it tomorrow. I work a mid shift so I think I’m going to eat breakfast and then not again until supper.

I may not be doing it perfect, but I am working my fasting muscle and my relationship with food has drastically improved.

@Paendora & @Lunalee13 I get irritable on my fast only when I’m approaching the end of it, when I know I’m going to eat! I’m okay up until that point, & if I was going to extend it longer I’d be okay, it’s just the though of food in a little while seems to make me crabby!
@Mangusdog - yes, do it your own way, no right or wrong, just what works for you, especially if it’s weight loss you’re after. Well done!
Broke my fast last night for dinner, now fasting again today for 36hrs, we’re out to lunch probably tomorrow…

50 hours and still going!!! Hopefully my metabolism is enjoying my muffin top :grin:.

So far only coffee, water, vitamins, electrolytes, and psyllium husk.

Oh yes and ** cough cough** one sugar free rockstar and one 5 hour energy. cough