July 2018 IF / EF chat ALL WELCOME

(Aimee Moisa) #342

I’m really enjoying breakfast to breakfast instead of dinner to dinner. Once I start eating in the evening I don’t seem to be able to stop, but I never binge breakfast… well, not never, but you know what I mean. :slight_smile:

Trying 20 hours today. I haven’t done anything longer than 16 hours in a while. But I’ll be breaking the fast with dinner at a restaurant. I’m guessing this won’t be a big deal, given how short the fast is? I already looked at the menu and am thinking I’ll have an egg scramble. The whole point of the meal is to see a friend, not to try some amazing dish or anything. Sometimes I get annoyed that social events are so tied to food and/or alcohol.

Thanks Paendora!

(Kimberly Lee) #345

I feel that way too when I forget I haven’t eaten in…then I have to look at my watch. I’m the girl who kept almonds and such in my purse so I wouldn’t get hangry. I couldn’t go shopping without stopping to grab a bite because my blood sugar was jacked up. Now - I feel like a badass!

Woo Hoo!!

(Kimberly Lee) #346

40 hours in and counting. Not hungry. This time I have skipped all sweeteners and my ketone readings are reflecting it. I bumped up to 2.1 when at this time last fast I had to wait until 10 more hours to get close to that. This makes me believe that when I fast, it is best to stick with black coffee, my keto water and hot tea. The comparison of my ketones has been pretty eye opening. Also, my goal is to reduce insulin response, and since I don’t have glucose strips, I am hoping my positive ketone results are reflective of my insulin efforts. 32 hours left and counting! Over halfway there!!

(Aimee Moisa) #347

@Kimberly_Lee What’s “your” keto water?

(back and doublin' down) #348

WhooHooo ~ that’s excellent!

Day 4 hasn’t felt this good in the past. Clear minded, no hunger pains. Just a little light headed so will probably go with the bone broth before the afternoon’s work.

KCFO!

(Ellen) #349

You are a badass! Great isn’t it.

(Kimberly Lee) #350

3 tsp. of lemon juice, 3 tsp. of ACV, Potassium (lite salt about 1/4 tsp., and Himalayan salt (1/4 to just under 1/2 tsp.). I talk a magnesium supplement (tablet) twice a day. I drink this twice a day - once morning and then in the evening. Helps with nausea, headache, heart palpitations - just overall makes me feel better.

(Aimee Moisa) #351

Cool, thanks!

(Kimberly Lee) #352

Oops! Also add it to water - depending on how strong you want your flavor - you can dilute it.

(Aimee Moisa) #353

Have I asked this before? Is it normal that the first meal after a fast comes out the other end runny?

(Ron) #354

Yup. Most people experiment with foods to find which refeeds work best. It is possible to avoid these situations with the right foods and taking a slower time approach during refeeding. I personally always have about 10 green olives and 5 macadamia nuts, then about an hour later will have a helping of scrambled eggs. This seems to wake up the digestive tract without stressing or overloading it for me.

(Aimee Moisa) #355

Hmm, and I even have green olives and walnuts in my desk drawer. I’ll give it a try next time, after I spend this afternoon in the bathroom. :slight_smile:

(De Ana Furqueron) #356

Hi guys, im new to IF and Keto. Started keto about a month ago and decided to give IF a try. I started IF yesterday (July 25,2018), Im doing the 16:8 and I am exhausted. Is this normal? I was really loving the new found energy with keto but now…ugh and my headaches the past two days…it’s no bueno. Any types or is this normal?

(KCKO, KCFO) #357

This is interesting. I have a friend who does 10AM to 4PM eating window and she and her husband have done GREAT. She’s at a weight she hasn’t seen since her preteen years and loving it.

What is your current window as opposed to your former window?

(KCKO, KCFO) #358

Any fasting is easier when you are fat adapted. Many of us, myself included had to start with 14/10 and worked our way up to the other protocols. It might take your body some time.

But headaches is usually a sign of electrolytes being out of balance. Did you try some salt for them?

(De Ana Furqueron) #359

I’ve actually been adding salt to my food. More so than normal because I am not a salt person at all. I can try the 14:10 and maybe that will work. I have a feeling the headaches are coming because I’m not getting my coffee in as early as I used to… trial and error I guess right.

(back and doublin' down) #360

Right. n=1. We are all experimenting, listening to our bodies better than we may have before. All with some similar and some very dissimilar results.

My body naturally fell into IF. I just wasn’t hungry. EFs have been a bit more work, and for me it’s been totally worth the effort. I’m at 96 hours and the way I have felt today could be addicting. Full of mental energy, more productive, and not a single thought about preparing food or cleaning up. Makes for an easier week. Not sure I could do this every week for 5 days. But maybe 3 days? Or 48, refeed Wednesdays, 48?

(Allie) #361

@collaroygal for a long time I just ate at work during the week (with one big early meal at weekends) normally between about 1000 and 1400 but with flexibility according to hunger levels. I changed this to just a fatty coffee first thing, then a meal each evening after gym (normally around 1900), mainly because I missed hot foods as eating at work can only be cold food. It’s really convenient, but I noticed my weight creeping back up along with the resting heart rate reported by my Fitbit. Changed back about a week ago and my RHR suddenly dropped back down (literally five points overnight) and I just feel better in myself - weight also went back down to the 117 - 118 it hovers at, rather than the 120 - 121 it had crept up to.