July 2018 IF / EF chat ALL WELCOME

(Allie) #281

Poor puppy, they don’t know how else to show they’re hurting sometimes - poor you too :frowning:

(Ellen) #282

I know, bless her, Landlord still brings her round occasionally and we get on great, although I have taken to calling her Killer :wink:

(Ellen) #283

48hrs, stomach gurgling a bit & brain saying feeding time, but not hungry (for now), just going to carry on and see how it goes.

(Aimee Moisa) #284

What’s the difference between hungry and stomach growling & brain saying it’s feeding time? How do you know you’re hungry if you’re ignoring those two signals?

(Ellen) #285

Ooh tough one, guess it’s just that I don’t really feel HUNGRY, could eat but probably only a little, stomach is bored with nothing to do and I usually eat around 20.00hrs so brain expects it. At some point I expect I’ll get hunger pangs that won’t go away & feel like I could eat a decent amount so will stop fast then.

I’m hopping on the fasting wagon. Planning to do a water fast - maybe tea if I feel I need it. My last food was at 11pm last night. I plan on going until dinner tomorrow. We are going to a sushi restaurant.
So far I’m bored lol.

(Ellen) #287

Well bugger me backwards & call me Ethel am coming up to 72hrs, longest fast I’ve managed, starting to feel hungry, will see how it goes tomorrow.

I have a massive headache (not from the fast - it’s only been 18hrs) but I broke down and had some bone broth anyway. I tried salt earlier, then I had 2 cups of tea (black).

Anyway, so not a strict water fast, but still shooting for tomorrow dinner.

(Aimee Moisa) #289

Still weirded out by the fact that I have forgotten to eat dinner tonight and keep noticing that I am not hungry, even when I get a single sudden and quite painful hunger pang I just ignored it 'cause I was playing with my new Harry Potter LEGO set and the pain went away. The last “meal” I had was a Starbuck’s iced sugar free coffee beverage with enough HWC to stop a bison in its tracks.

Food addicts/binge eaters do NOT forget to eat.

(Allie) #290

And that’s how you know - if you ignore it and it doesn’t go away, it’s real hunger rather than habitual hunger.

(Jane) #291

Yep!
:+1:

(Jane) #292

Somebody on here mentioned Starbucks now has HWC. Did they have it or did you bring your own/add it at the house?

If they had it do you just ask for it? because I’ve never seen it on their menu

(Aimee Moisa) #293

They had it and I asked for it.

I think they have it on hand because they make their own whipping cream. So you just have to ask.

I made it 25 hrs. I was not feeling good. Migraine and nausea from the migraine. Accompanied DH to gym (as company not to really work out) did a half assed pedal on the stationary bike and watched a couple fasting videos on YouTube (Dr. Jason Fung for the first time - didn’t know he was from Toronto). Then broke my fast with a double quarter pounder (no bun) and iced coffee from McDonalds.
I feel a bit better, no regrets. Now I’m going to IF until sushi tomorrow. We have a Costco date that I’m super excited about, so I just have to avoid the samples. Haven’t been to Costco in a couple years, since we moved.

(KCKO, KCFO) #296

I’m in the Denver area, some of the Starbucks have it and some do not. The one nearest me just uses half and half, no full HWC. They do have whipped cream available. So I get Americano with whipped cream, it does have just a bit of sugar in it, but I am not diabetic, so for an occasional drink it isn’t bad for me. I must add that I rarely, like only a few times a year set foot in a Starbucks, usually with others who want to go there.

Another one a bit further away does have HWC and will gladly add it to anything you request.

(Jane) #297

Ok thanks. I’ll just ask the next time. I travel a lot for my job so seems like I am never at the same Starbucks twice. The nearest one to me where I live is a 3-hr round trip drive!!! A fer piece to drive for strong coffee!!! :joy:

(Justin Jordan) #298

Fourth no food Sunday in a row.

I think I’m also going to fast Tuesday, and then try a five day fast from Friday evening to Wednesday evening, and see what effects it was on my insulin sensitivity.

Fasting today, not sure how long, hopefully 42hrs, need to get the carbs out of my system which I had when I was away- stayed with a friend who didn’t remember any of the food / meal suggestions I gave her, & had already done all the food shopping when I got there, so couldn’t stick to keto without offending… Had stomach cramps by the end of the few days, have noticed that before if I’ve had the occasional bit of carby food, a good reason not to indulge too often!!
Am not feeling every strong today though, so have started with coffee & cream already… did stick to doing the 100 squats a day @Shortstuff ! Can notice a bit of difference, 23 days in!

(Allie) #300

@jules4 well done! It really helped me and I’ve continued doing around 40 or 60 bodyweight squats most days which is helping even more :grinning: