July 2018 IF / EF chat ALL WELCOME

(Aimee Moisa) #261

This is how I am breaking my 24 hour fast today.

Even though the food is the normal mass of this particular recipe’s serving size, and I am eating slowly and mindfully, I feel like I finished it REALLY fast and that it was smaller than normal. My hunger is playing tricks on me.

(Aimee Moisa) #262

Ok, so I added a cup of coffee with HWC and a packet of truvia. I feel good, I didn’t overeat and I don’t feel like swallowing the whole world. I think going breakfast-to-breakfast was a successful plan.

Oh dear, I was just interrupted writing this comment for a trip to the bathroom. My insides appear to not be happy with my break-fast. (Yes, my body does react that quickly to eating something it doesn’t like, it’s not normal but it’s how my body works.)

(Aimee Moisa) #263

You could almost say I’m the canary in a coal mine in regards to eating bad food. I get sick in an hour and my husband knows he’ll be sick 8 hours later.

(Liz ) #264

2-6 tablespoons heavy cream before noon then that’s usually about it for the day.

(Liz ) #265

Was at 160 lbs by the time I broke my fast at 49 hours. Feel so much better.

(Justin Jordan) #266

This week, in addition to fasting for 48 hours Sat to Mon, I’ve been doing one meal a day. So far so good.

And it seems to be helping my blood sugar as well, which pleases me.

(Ellen) #267

Just had my last omad, now fasting, hoping to hit 7 days but will see how it goes, never managed more than 2.5 days before.

(Aimee Moisa) #268

How many days have you done now?

(Ellen) #269

About 20 mins now, finished up what was in the fridge and now going to EF for as long as I can.

(Terrie) #270

Hi! New here.

89 hours in. First Post. First extended fast. 63 YO F. Keto off and on for about 3 years, been off for 6 months approx.

While weight loss would be awesome, mainly doing for healing, have some joint and cartilege pain, mild arthritis, right knee (tore meniscus in the gym last year, still hurts, prevents me from activiities I enjoy) and shoulder pain. Also carb sensitive.

Drinking water and tea, although I’ve have lemon and stevia in my water, also added a sliver of butter and half teaspoon of HWC to my tea twice. And pink salt as needed, although it sends me to the potty.

Sleeping okay, energy seems okay. Not hungry really, just empty feeling.

Meant to start one day earlier (Sat vs Sun) but I caved about 8 pm and ate fast food. Gross. Got back on track though.

Want to stick it out as long as I feel okay. 5’6" and 187 today, lost about 5 lbs I think? Scale is a little wonky. Tummy is definately smaller.

Just wanted to jump in, this seemed like the place. Great site :slight_smile:

(Jane) #271

89 hours is AWESOME for your first fast!!!

You may gain a bit back from re-feeding since the scale will measure food in your gut that is missing now.

My first 2 fasts broke a long stall and I have kept it off with keto.

Currently I am 44 hours into my 3rd fast and will break it tomorrow mid-morning. Hunger pains mostly gone now and feeling good.

I am fasting for autophagy also and if my insides are healing as good as my skin and hair then I am getting much healthier!

Too bad we never made it to the Star Trek future where they can running the little whirly scanner over your body and see exactly what is going on! I know they have full body scanners but very expensive and out of the range of most folks. I would LOVE to have confirmation of inner healing just to keep me motivated. For now I have to do it on faith :smiley:

(Ellen) #272

Almost at 24hrs, no real hunger pangs so all good right now.

(Terrie) #273

111 hours now, feel fine. This is amazing!

(Teresa (turtle)) #274

Just past 42 hours now. I am feeling fine. Today I will have my meal and then fast again. I am liking this ADF. The scale showed 167.6 lbs. on Monday and today was 165.4.

(Ellen) #275

Coming up for 41 hours now, a couple of hunger pangs, but ignorable, bit of a headache but not too bad, just got to KCKO.

(Ellen) #276

43 hours now and am suddenly freezing. Have swapped from flipflops to trainers, put fleece on and am holding a mug of hot water, it doesn’t help that I have nerve damage in my right little finger and it’s now colder than the rest of me and a wee bit painful :frowning_face:

(Allie) #277

I strangely have this too, same finger, and yes… it’s horrible.

(Ellen) #278

Ha, that’s a bit freaky!

(Allie) #279

I broke it way back in 2006, the little finger but the part of it that’s actually in my hand. Had a metal pin in it for weeks then when they pulled it out, the whole thing collapsed resulting in a slight deformity and nerve damage so I’ve had grief with it since.

(Ellen) #280

Ouch, that sounds somewhat unpleasant. Mine’s due to dog bite (poor thing was really ill with something and suddenly really aggressive).