July 2018 IF / EF chat ALL WELCOME

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #51

Fasting today. Doing “easy fasting” this time around. For breakfast and lunch I’m having coffee with one scoop MCT oil powder, one TB HWC, salt and cinnamon over ice. It’s made fasting a breeze! As long as I’m getting the results I want I’m going to stick with this method.

(Mike Williams) #52

My longest fast was 42 hours. I try to do, at least a 16 hour fast a day. Sometimes it extends to 18 or 20 hour fasts depending on if I feel hungry after my pre-lunch walk.

(Allie) #53

So hot here… dread to think how uncomfortable I would be feeling if I wasn’t on hour 66 of my fast.

Trying to have my regular lunchtime walk now with a really painful hip that I don’t know what I’ve done to hurt :weary:

(KCKO, KCFO) #54

Try to give the hip a break, you’ve had enough super stress for one week and it isn’t over yet. Fasting adds enough stress. Maybe cool it on the exercise, even walking for a day or two and see how you feel then. Have you iced down the hip? Icing always helps my IT band when I over do it.

(KCKO, KCFO) #55

So now that the USA holiday and my birthday have passed, I am going to see how long I can fast for the rest of this week. Planning on 36 hrs. but if I can push through, I want to go longer. I have only had a few IF days since the end of June’s Zornfast. With travel and the holiday celebrations behind me, I think I am ready for a longer run, but will have to see. I do have a quart of freshly made bone broth in case I need it. Autophagy is great but I really just need the fasting primarily. I am at my goal weight today, I feel better when I push that down a bit.

I think I will even hit the mall, July 4th sales should be going to the end of the week around here. I do need more summer clothes, my closet is pretty empty. I wore a skirt the other day and my DH pointed out to me that while it wasn’t falling off of me, it was too big on me. Maybe a pencil skirt is in my future?

(KCKO, KCFO) #56

Ditto on this. You didn’t say if you were fat adapted yet. Fasting is much easier when you are. Also, if you are within 15 lbs or so of your goal weight, fasting has challenges. A couple of posting that will help :
For electrolytes:

For finding out if you need supplemention of fats when near goal weight:

(Allie) #57

It was a gentle walk, no way am I pushing myself like normal - thanks for your concern @collaroygal :heart:

(Steve) #58

My left hip’s also acting up a bit (think it’s because I was compensating for my left knee).

The “rub” with joints is that they need some light activity to heal - you need the blood circulation so the liver can do its job and get that hip healed. Autophagy should help (that’s my mantra) :slight_smile:

I’ll be 50 on Saturday - with any luck, in another year of this lifestyle, I’ll feel like I’m 30. :smiley:

I did miss a couple days of my power walks earlier in the week - it really did help the knee to take a break. Felt no twinges of pain at all when I resumed. :slight_smile: With any luck, continued shorter (less than 10k) power-walks will get me there. :slight_smile:

@collaroygal - missed your birthday- belated happy birthday to you! :tada:
@fischersd - have a great day tomorrow! :tada: Anything good planned?
@Shortstuff - hope the hip is better soon…

(Allie) #60

Thanks @jules4 x

72 hours now. This fast has been unusually easy so far. Not sure if that’s because of how stressed I was yesterday taking my mind off it, or maybe because I went into it with the deyermonation of it being to a four day fast.

Bloods aren’t where I normally see them on day three, I suspect due to cortisol getting in the way. Ketones 3.4 and glucose 4.3

Hip seems to have eased off a bit. It’s yoga time now so I’ll see if that helps. Will spend some time hanging from my pull-up station too as that forces the spine and pelvis to get back into alignment.

(Laura Morales) #61

So I made it to 72 hours and stopped my clock for 4th of July. There were a few things I didn’t do.
1: only kept my eating window for an hour so I didn’t over eat.
2: Only ate Keto. No rice, toritallas or cake!
3: Didn’t drink anything BUT water.
It was a great success on my behalf and I’m quite proud. I started my fast again at 1PM yesterday and I’m 2 hours from completing my first 24 again. I have birthdays this month, four of them! Moms, brothers, two nephews and we will be celebrating. I want to be able to control myself and just fast through it all, but I know many of you know how hard it is to be around delicious food and have to constantly say “No Thanks, not eating right now” I always say, “Oh yeah for sure, just let me say Hi to everyone” I repeat that to everyone who asks me if I ate already LOL!!
Keep Strong Fam.

(Beth) #62

That’s awesome, Laura!!! Great job! And I love your response at parties, thank you for posting because I’m going to adopt that one.

36hrs in- as usual have woken early after a FD! Oh well, more time to fit in a HIIT workout & the squats…
Stay strong everyone fasting, & @fischersd Happy Birthday!

(Allie) #64

85 hours in and still good. Got some ghrelin gremlins this morning but feel fine otherwise.

Morning bloods - glucose more what I’d expect at 4.2 and ketones 3.3

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #65

Eating Day today!

By the end of fasting day yesterday I was feeling pretty blah and foggy. I had my full serving of electrolytes, lots of water with extra salt, some more salt under my tongue and my 2 fat salted coffees. Maybe I’m just over this heat and humidity LOL.

(Allie) #66

I can relate to this! Needs me some salt… I have Celtic grey sea salt in my drawer here at work :slight_smile:

(Steve) #67

Thanks, but it’s actually tomorrow (the 7th) - heh - unless you’re on the other side of the date line and it’s the 7th already there. :slight_smile:

The big 5-0 :wink: Heh. Age isn’t a thing for me…and this WOE is only going to make us all younger!!! :smiley:

(Central Florida Bob ) #68

My second full week of ADF comes to a close with an eating day today, and the changes are still good.

This week, the scale dropped another four pounds. I’m guessing that will go back up about two by the start of the next fasting day on Sunday. I don’t weigh myself everyday - I find the measurement too noisy to get much information out of.

The fasting was easier. On Sunday and Tuesday, I had a teaspoon or so of butter with my daily pills and didn’t have an upset stomach. Last night, I actually forgot the butter and didn’t get an upset stomach. Which means I’ll try not having butter and see how that goes. Maybe the body adapts - learns - and the first couple of fasting days are different.

(Allie) #69

That moment when you quickly shove your milk frother into your back pocket to zap your butter into your coffee at work and the switch catches, turns it on, and makes a vibrating noise that sounds like something else in an office full of people…

(KCKO, KCFO) #70

:joy::rofl::joy: