Join this thread! CONDITIONS KETO CAN HEAL OR CURE

Yah, I get you, I earned my grey and am happy with it :grin:. That said, the pattern is now tending more around the temples / chin rather than random everywhere which I like.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #162

My depression hasn’t disappeared, but I am now on only half the dose of anti-depressant, even after two years full of injury, loss, and stress. In my book, that is a vast improvement! Also, my arthritis is significantly improved: my fingers are never sore, and my knee is often fine for days at a time. I never feel stiff getting up in the morning anymore.

No more acne, and no more greasy skin. I have to shave more often, and my hair is growing faster (I’m still waiting to turn blond and grow four inches, however). Gas, indigestion, diarrhea, and constipation are things of the past. My teeth are in terrible shape, but they rarely trouble me. The only problem with them these days is the gristle that gets between them!

Recent blood work came back completely normal, and blood pressure was down to 110/70, the lowest it’s been in years.

ETA:
Oh, and I don’t get hypoglycemic if I forget to eat every two or three hours. In fact, these days I generally go until three or four in the afternoon before I get hungry enough to eat breakfast!

I think I mentioned before that maybe, possibly, just maybe my eyesight was slowly improving. Now I’m darned near certain.
I’m going to give it maybe a couple months to be sure it’s not wishful thinking then go get them checked.

Also, been about 5 months or so keto and I think my afternoon drag-assery may be going away, too.

Yep, my grey is well earned,too, but I would really love for it to grow back on top, I don’t care what color it is. :smile:

TL;DR= too long; didn’t read

(Jeanne Wagner) #166

@Vince-S1000r that is awesome! I’m at 9 months no migraines and I swear if I ever get one again it would take me out! I think we get used to them over the years. I had my first at around 8 yrs old. Forty years later, finally stopped when I got rid of the inflammation. Damn I shake my head at that… a lifetime of misery. But at least they are gone now. Bring on the 2nd life!!!

(Jeanne Wagner) #167

Ok here’s something else I’ve noticed fading away - liver spots!! At 48 I wasn’t ready for them, but they had been forming for a couple years. Now the little ones are fading pretty good, and I have 2 larger darker ones that are still there. All on my hands, none on my face. But I think I can see them starting to have less color. If I squint and look sideways at them. :joy:

(Liz ) #168

Oh I hope this happens to me too! I have one on my forehead and they are all over my hands, also 48 yo.

(Daniel Winter) #169

No more headaches at all, used to get occasional migrane, nothing since consistent keto eating :slight_smile:

(Olivia) #170

Here’s a really specific and weird improvement that I noticed yesterday:
Do you no that feeling when you walk into a room and have forgotten what you wanted to pick up? I used to get that quite frequently. The object I wanted to fetch sometimes never came back to me or at least it took a couple of turns around the apartment to recall why I needed to go to that room. Now, it almost never happens and on the rare occasions that it does, it takes me 5 s to remember again.
I don’t think it’s directly related to ketones but rather some kind of long-term neurological healing from all the healthy fats.

Has anybody also noticed this phenomenon?

(Jeanne Wagner) #171

Yes it happened to me ALL THE TIME. Like, I don’t know when it didn’t happen. Now I am getting that short term memory back a little bit at a time. It sill happens, but not as much, and like you I can usually remember in a few minutes or after I stop thinking about it. I’m not sure of the reason but I’m happy it’s happening.

(Liz ) #172

Yes absolutely! I was losing word recall at a rapid pace before I went Keto and I was SO RELIEVED when I started to see improvement. But I wasn’t low fat before so I do credit ketones, in my personal case.

(KaizenKate) #173

Yes, my short term memory, brain cloud, word recall and word order (I called it dyslexic speaking) and depression were first to go. Off all meds for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, ADHD, Type 2 Diabetes, acid reflux and ADHD. My triglycerides are super low now too.

Still need to lose 100 pounds, sleep apnea and snoring.

I can control daily Blood Glucose with OMAD and 48 hour Fast once a week, getting consistent 5.7-6.7 blood glucose numbers on glucometer but 3 month A1C is still 8.1 and Total cholesterol at 6.6 ouch!

Doctor threatened a return to Metformin and statin if A1C and LDL don’t drop in next quarterly blood test.

Maybe I’m fat adapted and need to reduce dietary fat via coconut oil and bacon so my body will start burning body fat?? Any ideas anyone?

(KCKO, KCFO) #174

There is discussion about skin tag experiences here:

(KCKO, KCFO) #175

For information on the cholesterol issue, check out @DaveKeto postings both here and his website http://cholesterolcode.com/

How long have you been doing keto?
If the A1C hasn’t dropped enough. Metformin might be needed to help you for a while. As you progress you can get it cut back until you don’t need it. Many here have done just that.

Constant hunger, hanger mood issues, FLATULENCE, I’m also convinced my hair is falling out less

(KaizenKate) #177

Thanks collaroygal :slight_smile: I’ll check out the link for cholesterol. I’ll see if metformin helps me get A1C down more while I work on losing more weight.

(Julie ) #178

Been on Keto for 8 weeks and some of the items noticed to date as improvements.
mood, greatly improved, friends comment that I look happier.
basic hormone - 52 F
lower resting heart rate
not as tired after long walks with group ( do half marathons)
while I know a lot of people list energy I would say it is leveled out for me which is nice I have to much ADHD.
sleep better
no acid issues- was having them some of the time
focus seems to be better
skin looks better
While I have earned the gray’s that I hide, would not mind them going away.

Of course the weight loss is great too 12 lbs thus far .

(Pinar Ertekin) #179

I find that too but didn’t link to keto since I read your comment! :grinning:

(Jenn Monaghan) #180

I just randomly found out this week that I used to have Hidradenitis suppurativa too.

It started when I was a teen, increasing frequency and severity as I aged into my 30’s. I was always just told it was cysts that were caused from my fat rubbing together.

I have been keto for 13 months now and all the outbreaks got less and less as I went. I haven’t seen a single cyst now for months! And there are spots that look like pock scars where some of the larger ones used to break out. It’s totally gone!

I also did a couple 48 or 72 hour fasts around the time they cleared up totally.