Join this thread! CONDITIONS KETO CAN HEAL OR CURE

(Beth) #141

It has dramatically helped my husband, who was not on any kind of eating regimen prior to AIP. He also has a lot of allergies. So far significantly and/or entirely resolved are: Reflux (entirely), snoring (I’m no longer awake to know), IBS (only a few minor instances, used to be multiple times a day), nasal issues/throat clearing (entirely), knee pain from osteoarthritis (reduced). Also his lab work came back (still on Lipitor but reported movements are while on lipitor)… triglycerides WAY down to 46, HDL UP to 58, LDL down to 80. Now, how to convince him to GO OFF lipitor? He has a doc apt tomorrow. “Well doc, it’s like this… I’ve been eating a lot of bacon…”

For me I was about the same on regular keto eating dairy and other delicious things. I think my big problems were grains and starches which I cut out over a year ago. A lot of arthritis symptoms are minimized since I’ve been keto. I’m doing it because I wanted to support and nudge him into a better lifestyle. Plus I’ve been curious about AIP for a long time as to whether it could extend additional benefits to me.

(Marsha) #142

I can’t prove this one, but I also can’t come up with any reason for it other than keto.

One of my family members has always had multiple (many, many) polyps in his colon. Year after year, every time he had a colonoscopy, the doctor would comment on how many there were and that he seldom sees that many. Obviously, that led to lots of colonoscopies and caused worry.

This family member went on keto with me. At his last colonoscopy a couple of months ago, just short of a year of being keto, the doctor found one – ONE – polyp. The only thing that had changed in his life was his diet.

I’ve wondered if this is akin to skin tags – keto causes those to reduce in number and size (I’ve experienced that, along with many others) – maybe colon polyps as well?

Any way, we’ll take it. #ketostrong.

(Candy Lind) #143

New publication Confirming this. I have a friend who started keto at endo’s advice when they discovered NAFLD during an emergency appendectomy. I owe her for convincing me to go keto.

Hi Candy, This article addresses the benefits of a carbohydrate-restricted diet, which has been proven to reduce the size of the liver and it’s fat. But how does this connect to Keto and specifically a high fat diet? I think I missed something - Cheers.

(linda) #145

I say spread the word by our enthusiasm and obvious positive results! Big Pharma is just fine without our help!! ha!
We are keto-people are growing in numbers! Went to a Super Bowl Party in Wisconsin last month and the entire group -(12) (except one doc) were on low carb diets!! They were doing various forms - (for example - one cheat day - or not as strict as some of the others) - but overall they all got the value of low carb/high fat, no sugar.
YAY!

(Mary Pohja) #146

a1C below what is pre diabetic(5.4) i almost cried
Obesity (weight down, body fat % down)
Inflammation
Joint pain
Skin Tags
Sleep
Energy Level improved
brain fog cleared up
anxiety and depression is def better .
feeling better about how i look in public.
better self esteem
lipid panel is improved, so is my cardiac risk
feel better than i have in years. knowing i am taking care , it is not difficult and i am only 6 months in, but i am in this for life.:heart_eyes::sunglasses:

(Jeanette Villanueva) #147

it heals the liver! Reverses cirrhosis and fatty liver!
Inflammation
Disestion

(Carol Orrell) #148

Better thyroid function. My functional medicine doctor needed to reduce my levothyroxine.

(Karen) #149

I can’t wait until this happens. Do you use any T3 supplement s?

K

In addition to losing weight and my eyesight improving, my Hidradenitis suppurativa went away entirely since I started Keto a year and a half ago.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #151

WAAAAAAAAY LESS SNOT. Yes.

(Carol Orrell) #152

I also take t3. I also do HIIT workouts 3-4 days a week.

via Newton Mail

(Karen) #153

Did you start with levothyroxine or just the T3??

K

(Carol Orrell) #154

Was on synthroid for 20 years, then switched to armour. When that got too expensive went on levothyroxine and liothyronine com.

via Newton Mail

Recently retired professional runner - had sooooo many of these same issues, but was told “bloodwork looks fine, so it’s age/hormones/stress from training.” Saw Tim Noakes position reversal and thought I should do some research. His story seemed eerily familiar. Could not figure out how I could have a belly and be hypertensive while running 20 miles a day.

Four months strict keto:
arthritis in hand/elbow/foot gone
IBS (a huge problem when trying to race :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) gone
no longer hypertensive
sleeping though the night
eczema gone
mood very stable
And this is a weird one: when I have any wine (very low carb), I no longer wake up in the night feeling anxious/heart pounding/can’t go back to sleep. I always thought it was the wine, but I now believe it was the carbs IN the wine I was drinking combined with the high carb meal I would eat with it.
Have lost 12 pounds (incidentally, but I will take it!).

(Melis Jansen ) #156

that’s interesting. I have had that problem with the pounding heart in the middle of the night after drinking wine and I’m not experiencing that the last couple of times I drank in the month of February.

The major change I’ve noticed is that I don’t eat in restaurants anymore. I used to eat out a lot and when I did I would eat whatever I wanted. I estimate I have saved about $500 since January 1st. I don’t really want to eat out either because I know that I can make myself something much better at home.

(Collene A Reynolds ) #157

I am a Newbie ( started mid January)but my changes started quickly with loss of joint and lower back pain and as a result the best sleep I have had in literally years. I am seeing a lot of cellulite and have also had increased energy. Mental clarity has improved. I have not weighed and have had no desire to as I dont want to make the weight loss to affect me mentally. I need to lose 100 lbs. but as long as I feel continually better the weight loss will be a bonus. I have been diagnosed with T2D and high blood pressure but at my last Dr. visit in Jan. I knew I was on to something when I had lost a few lbs. and my blood pressure was down and my blood glucose levels in the words of my Dr. extremely well controled. I have done a couple of 18 hr.fast and am now in day 4 of my attempt at an 100 hr fast and my energy level has gotten bette rthe last 2 days. I have drank water and coffee with added fat and salt. Experiencing some back pain and leg discomfort that seems to be a norm for many on a prolonged fast. I am totally sold out on this life style!

(Daniel Winter) #158

Sounds like all the exact same things that Keto this has helped in my life :slight_smile:

(Kevin M.) #159

My neuropathy in both feet…GONE!!!

(Denise G) #160

[quote=“Brenda, post:93, topic:30214, full:true”]

ME TOO!!!
[/quote]

OMG please don’t tell me now that i’m practically all gray…I’m gonna have to color my hair because my brown roots are showing. Sheesh. :joy::woman_shrugging: