JanZC --- No Plants! Smaller Pants!

(Sama Hoole) #41

Little splash of greek yoghurt in there as well. Few carbs there, but shouldn’t matter.

(Vic) #42

Indeed, it doesn’t matter.
The General idea is that Carnivore carbs do not matter.
Eggs and liver also have carbs, who cares?

Anyway, I’ll be making a Sama burger one of these days :grinning:

(Vic) #43

Lunch,

Bone marrow and pork.

food yesterday was

1 lb. ribeye steak
1/2 cheeseburger patty
few slices of salami

You got it guys. Don’t ever worry about a carb from any animal kingdom food sources. We don’t consider them bad in any way :slight_smile: since they are not plant carbs! Beauty of animal kingdom eating only is we don’t have to track to any set numbers or anything like that, of course some do track cause they are people who enjoy tracking LOL but just eat animal kingdom and enjoy!!

wonderful pics on the board of delish meals!

Everyone have a great zc day!

I just had 1.73 pounds of ribeye and I am done thinking about food (for myself) for today.

One thing that has changed radically since ZC is that I no longer constantly “taste” when I am cooking for others. If they need more salt or whatever they can freely add it themselves. :wink:

My daughter is seventeen, she is cooking her own Instagram inspired meals. Colorful salads, sweet potatoes, almost no animal protein, a little feta. I found her weeping yesterday and insisted she eat some bacon and eggs.

My husband has IBS. For him that means Carnivore + Pie and Waffles.

“Everyone is a dietician” wrote Robert Lustig.

True. And that isn’t saying much.

(“Dietician” ranking somewhere around “Carnival Palm Reader” on my list of credible professionals.)

@Ellacosew, I took that on as a challenge. You voluntarily stopped ‘tasting’ a spoonful of food you make for others, I had to make myself stop doing just that :slight_smile: And I did. I don’t taste anymore either from carby land.

I hope your daughter enjoyed her bacon and eggs, I bet she did!!

I just posted a video from Amber O’Hearn about why FAT is so important to our bodies. We must have fat fat fat in our lives for so many reasons. Salad and sweet taters, all stuff lacking in that OH SO important fat content. I truly think our fat intake makes us whole different people, we zc people are not ‘dieting people’ ya know. We are the most natural eaters there are when ya think about it in the big picture.

I always ate fatty (the more carbs, the more fat I eat, probably) but I changed a lot during 2020 and now I can’t even imagine how on earth so many people eat so very weird from my viewpoint…
Low-fat, well, I am used to its existence despite it’s my room 101 (at least together with high-carb but it’s quite impossible anyway except for a single day) but low-fat and almost no protein for longer than a whole meal, it’s something very strange to me. And sounds horribly unhealthy but I am biased anyway.
I always ate very much fatty animal protein :slight_smile: I just almost never ate meat. And I don’t remember how I survived my 2 lacto-vegetarian years when I couldn’t stomach eggs… It’s theoretically possible but I practically did it and felt no problem at all. Strange.

We finished the piglet and it seems I ate about a pound of meat (mostly pork but some duck and fish as well) per day in the last 5 days. It feels way less as a very big percentage of it was skin and it was very fatty too. I probably ate the most meat in 5 days in my life but at least close. But I want to do something similar with normal meat I usually eat while being extremely close to carnivore all the time.

I complained about the piglet before, I was looking forward to finish half of it, it really took efforts to make the skin crunchy (again and again… but it happened and it was great! Alvaro barely ate any skin towards the end) and my share was too fatty but now that we ate it, I miss it :smiley: I just don’t miss the work so we will roast the other half later.
Tomorrow we eat chicken stew. And I eat some leftover beef stew, I fill pancakes with it and use sour cream too. Alvaro’s food makes a good combo with baked foam (I don’t know if the name works in English, it’s the baked cheesy whipped egg whites I make almost every week since ages and mine has some smoked pork too as I find them very boring without it. Alvaro isn’t very familiar with the concept of being bored of some food he likes) so we will have that too and that triggers ice cream making, too bad I already made that today when we had whipped cream for Alvaro’s pudding. The open box of cream and my headaches made coffee inavoidable… I really need to get more serious but that’s the plan.

We watch a nice YT channel about ancient food and sometimes we wish to try it. Due to a recent video Alvaro is totally on board about getting some beef asap, he wants it with beetroots though (as in the ancient recipe. Babilonian, actually. and it’s lamb but even beef is easier to buy than lamb. a supermarket in the city does the trick. it should work with beef just the same. it’s not like I can make those recipes correctly, I don’t have all those fancy ingredients but this one is simple enough) but it will be fine I guess. I am all for reducing the amount of the extremely sweet stuff around my beef but we can just buy enough to make separate dishes. But it would be odd at the same time. And I may be fine with occasional carbs, I surely will eat goulash in the future and that has carrots and potatoes but I hate insanely sweet things with my meat (I hate any really noticeable sweetness with my meat. I couldn’t eat it with much onion either). Last time (maybe several months ago) I could eat beetroot only by adding a lot of salt and very very much vinegar but there was no meat present. And it still was annoyingly sweet. I don’t eat beetroot anymore, very rarely did in the last years. I only could eat it with enough vinegar to make it totally inedible for almost anyone. But I love vinegar. Not like I use it much nowadays… It suited vegetables more and my pickled egg phase ended already. Pickled herring is awesome but I can’t make it and the store-bought ones have sweeteners I hate.

(Edith) #48

Hi Everyone,

I am continuing my zero carb journey for another two months. It’s been four months now.

The past couple of days, I have really wanted to eat carbs. Today the feeling was very strong, so I decided to have a Zip Fizz. It does have artificial sweetener, but it also has added vitamins. I was hoping that the taste of something sweet but with a bit of nutrients might help stop the craving. It actually did help, but Zip Fizz is caffeinated and I haven’t had caffeine for quite some time. I now have the caffeine jitters. :crazy_face:

For you long timers, have you gone through periods where your body just suddenly wanted carbs?

(Karen) #49

Went back to work today.

Started to feel better late afternoon after fridays melted camembert and saturday having to return home from work sick. Finally stopped all the unladylike belching around 3.30pm.

Lunch was beef brisket that i had slow cooked and was sooo tender plus hard cheese, stilton, gorgonzola and chorizo.

Returned home from work and ate some duck breast slices and some streaky bacon oh and the last cup of rabbit stock.

Rest day from work tomorrow Yay!

(Daisy) #50

Circumstances delayed my eating today and I was feeling very frustrated by the time I actually got to eat. I ate a small chunk of suet while cooking the meal shown. Then was still hungry, so fixed a few shrimp in garlic butter.
This was chuck roast and eggs fried in butter, liver pâté and bone broth. I have also started a sleep journal. Writing down everything I’m eating in a day and how my sleep is. Plus any supplements, etc.

Q: How will I know I am hungry?

A: A steak sounds good.

Q: How will I know I am not hungry?

A: A steak doesn’t sound good.

With that in mind I just had steak numero tres.
:wink::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::+1::fire:

yes. just cause we are truly nourished and satisfied doesn’t mean old wants/desires/a mental game doesn’t come into play. Many of us have ‘weirdo times’ and this is when ya gotta hunker down and either knuckle thru it and talk to yourself like I do :slight_smile: or make sure you eat any and all zc food instead of allowing back sweeteners or plant carbs, cause while some can do this and come out the other side alright and can truly handle this situation, there are more like me, who if we allow any crap back we will break and carb binge and go off plan and you know, all the nasty that goes with it. Every time a longer term person falls from plan, it is almost impossible to get back on because it is like once someone has done years of this, when we get those carbs back, it is like we don’t wanna go back into ‘all in elimination mode’ again and we feel like we are in a more deprived state of mind. On the zc forum, when year 2 or into year 3 people fall, it is horrible on what it takes for them to try to get back. One reason I won’t allow it. I read what happens, I been a fall back person on my lc plans and it is devastating to me, so I can’t go there. I just talk and talk and talk to me about the exact reasons why I won’t go off plan. Cause eventually I talk sense into me HAHA but yea, all of us have demons following us at some point, and then it boils down to who are you? one that can eat off plan a bit and be ok? or one who absolutely can’t do it? I am the can’t do it person.

so that is kinda what I know about me and what I read from others on my zc forums. When the 2-3 yr people flip out, it is heartbreaking reading about all their struggles…and I truly think, I won’t allow that to be me. Gives me a focus I guess.

but yea we are all human, smells, sights, social events, that ‘little voice saying you can handle a little bit of crap’…all normal. then you have to just find you and how ya gotta handle it.

Also longer on plan people tend to not crave as often which is wonderful of course, but when we do crave that can be very strong, we get B slapped hard and we have to be prepared to work thru it. But as you keep time on plan, your levels and times of cravings will flip around and change up on a person, so again, it is one of those things as time on plan is super important with our eating changes, it will effect our craving issues also. So every journal will be a bit different for each of us cause we are all different but in the end, if we allow ourselves to go ‘loose’ there is that one bite where a person won’t come back. I realized I can never take that one bite. Alot of us longer term are just like me. It just has to be that way if you really want to hold this plan ya know, want this to be the long term lifestyle elected. But the benefits of my plan outweigh everything else to me so that is a monster plus to keep me right where I am. Everyone has that little personal story in us.

oh boy I sure know that feeling KD…sucks don’t it!
nice pic as usual!!
will be interesting about your journal and sleep etc…cool seeing what reactions etc you have going on for you.

@Ellacosew
wow, you are the new steak gal for sure! I love them too, a steak a day keeps the Dr away…wait, steak numero tres keeps the Dr away HA
you go girl

BAM! Ugh.

Yesterday had NoFUN except a coffee. Does writing that I have a coffee trigger any one? Should I blur filter? No Food Until Noon. Then breakfast was 3 pan filling slices of middle bacon cooked in butter, 3 egg omelette, topped with Jarlsberg cheese 60g (guesstimate) and hard cheddar 45g.

I’m in that space. Do you know it? It happens in low carb, where one feels they need to be physically active. I think I saw @Fangs write about it back in October 2019. It’s not a planned exercise plan. It’s a I have to get up and move and lift stuff feeling. I usually swim or surf it out in the ocean, or take the Labrador a long way down the beach and back. Yesterday, it was time to build some cob filled steps to the backdoor. Making cob requires digging clay filled subsoil, and mixing it with straw then forming it into shape inside a frame. So it was digging, pushing and pulling a barrow, mixing with a mortar hoe, mud dancing and kicking… It was a 32’C, clear summer day. So it was proper, sweaty building work. I added some extra magnesium supplements into my drink breaks of fresh rain water.

After about 4 hours, it was time to stop the work day and head to the beach to wash off the mud and sweat. I do love working with natural materials. But my heart had flipped into atrial fibrillation (AF). That’s the Ugh at the start. A heart rate of about 120bpm +.

Most people would go to the ER. I went to the beach. I did a float in the calm, cool water and listened to my breathing. It’s interesting, but I can regulate my heart rate to a degree by concentrating on it and breathing. Not enough to drop it back down to my regular 60bpm.

So I went home and settled into my home treatment. A 300mg oral magnesium dose every half hour until gut tolerance is reached. I wash that down with 500mL (in 2 cups) of salty (added pink salt) beef, bone broth. But it was also time to eat steak. While the 350g scotch fillet was sizzling away in butter, i snacked on 4 cold chicken wings left over from last night and a lump of cheese. Then the steak with a Jarlsberg slice separating it from a fried egg hat. That steak was local, grass finished Angus. So, yummy.

After dinner, I stood in a hot shower to wash of the sea salt and do some calm breathing. By 8pm heart rate was back to 60bpm. I like this treatment that works for me much better than the high stress, needles, drips, monitors and bright lights of ER.

So, this is my carnivore ZC downfall, or Achilles Heel. This heart and electrolyte thing. It’s not the WOE, it is that I’m at a certain age where it hits males. But I have found a way to manage it within the WOE.

Ferocious Fix February - Carnivore Challenge (Fit it In - Fit in It! ) Feb 2022
(Laurie) #54

You are your own hero! Wonderful that you could take care of yourself in this way.

(Liz ) #55

Hi folks, I love reading everyone’s ZC experiences. I can’t imagine finding another carnivore IRL so I’m back on the forum after a time away. I lurked the ZC threads for awhile before making the shift last year.

If you don’t know my story I’ve been low carb since 2003, keto since 2017, and now keto animal foods (high fat/meat/dairy) since February of last year. I have a pernicious carb addiction and going ZC was the only way to truly be free.

I still cook keto for my husband and mom then I usually make myself a half pound cheeseburger for dinner. It blows my mind I can eat the same thing pretty much every day and each time it tastes amazing. I don’t get bored?! I love being able to trust my hunger signals. I lost 15 pounds that had crept back on while I was just keto and my shape is different. Having lost 100 pounds overall through my whole LC journey I have a lot of loose skin & I don’t deliberately exercise except what happens when you take care of a yard and walking. I’m looking forward to another year of ZC and seeing what other improvements happen over time. Seems like the body heals very slowly and it needs time.

The thing that made me try eliminating plants was the hope for improved mental health and I think I got that? Hard to tell as life is very stressful but I feel like I’m handling it, anyway I haven’t run away screaming yet lol. I’m a full time caregiver for my disabled elderly mom with only my husband to help.

So I’d like to lose a little more fat and see if my skin might try firming up a little but I’m not counting on it at 51. Meanwhile I love the endless energy, endurance, and great sleeping,

I found this FB: from the 'net: Tyramine can trigger AFIB. 1 ounce of cheddar contains 43 mg of tyramine. Aged cheeses with high amounts of tyramine – Swiss cheese, Stilton, Camembert, Muenster, Mozzarella, blue cheese and Gorgonzola cheese.

also caffeine is a biggie with AF situations. Maybe the 2 combined are a trigger for you in some way?

just a thought but from what I am reading, you are becoming truly a wonderful factor in your own control of your body and that to me is wild you are controlling your situation so well.

of the biggest factors with your carnivore, the cheese (dairy) and caffeine are two big AF factors. Like me and my PVCs the alcohol/caffeine and fake sweeteners were my biggest triggers, all crap I allowed myself on ‘just a low carb’ diet when I ‘counted carbs’ back in the day. It was like it wasn’t the carbs I had to watch it was literally the food and what it did to me. So when I ditched my 3 biggest factors I corrected my PVCs back to an absolute stellar management of me. Maybe that is what you are doing with you but by eliminating coffee and cheese maybe that would be a factor for you? Not saying ya gotta do that, but when we have limited food intake like a carnivore plan, if we then have an issue like PVC or AF then we take that ‘closer look’ for correlations.

just a chat. just throwing out some thought but I can truly see you walking such an enlightened path on your health and how you are taking care of yourself. Love it!

Right? Far from bored! Meal time is exciting!

I am 52, and I am absolutely counting on it. Why not? :raised_hands:t2:
Let’s see what is possible for us!

It is very nice to meet you. Congratulations on your ZC success!!! :tada:

(Liz ) #58

Hi thanks! Even if I never lose the extra skin it’s fine, a “nice to have” not a “need to have”, you know? It’s just vanity on my part :smile: But I’m staying on plan so we’ll see! I used to fast along with keto & I hoped that would help and it may have, but I don’t fast anymore on ZC.

Wow. I thought they are so used to carnivore and that is so important for their body that they can’t even go off seriously, they would suffer too much and jump back… Not everyone, of course but surely the ones who doesn’t feel fine when eating some plants…
So it was surprising to me. Going back to a lower-carb woe was always easy and as carbs came, it became totally irresistible. When I went low-carb (and felt WAY better), I lost the ability to stay on high-carb for days. Keto did little as I felt the same as low-carb but I couldn’t NOT come back regularly. But when I tried carnivore and felt better again, low-carb for longer term became pretty much impossible (and I can’t resist to come close if I go off. I don’t have the kind of willpower to stay away and my body would have some words about it or more like, actions. it’s not nice. I need some strictness anyway). So it isn’t like that for everyone, well okay, I know ketoers are able to go back to high-carb for long so it’s obvious… But still, it was surprising! I would think time helps - but I am sure many people needs some looser days. Maybe without them some pressure build up?
I am just thinking, I have no idea how it works (and it’s surely different for different people) as I don’t really resist or make things hard for me, it has both benefits and disadvantages but I have not much choice, it’s me. But when I was stricter than ideal for a little while, I felt the strain… So maybe that’s why it causes problems. Physically I don’t even know what happens…
I can’t imagine my body ever would allow me eating too much carbs again, whatever it means. Not very much. It just builds up and at some point it’s too serious carb poisoning and I don’t have the masochism and willpower to stay there, I drop carbs and enjoy that I heal. I so need this with my personality and temporarily somewhat indulgent body… I am very sure my body could handle carbs to the extent it did in my high-carb times. It just refuses to do so as it wants its favorite woe back. Maybe it’s mental too as I am on board with leading a better life with a better woe, I just have urges to other directions too.

I had some not so great days, too inactive and not so good eating wise either. I am close to carnivore as I planned but not close enough and yesterday things started to get out of hand so I will be way stricter for a while. It’s January, maybe December wasn’t carby enough to trigger the usual good behavior… I was a little angel regarding my chosen woe after my wild Decembers. So I should do this a bit more consciously.
Carnivore-ish is tricky, at least my current, a slightly more indulgent one that I didn’t even clearly define yet, I should do it soon… Very clean carnivore is easy, it’s just too strict for me and I couldn’t do it for long. I don’t want a quick hard challenge, I need this for very very long term. So I don’t push myself too hard. But being too indulgent is even worse. And after this December, I don’t go to the right direction near automatically. Now I will be as strict as comfortably possible. My food is good and it’s simpler and better that way, I need this.
I will be stricter with my eating window too as I should. I eat too often without a real need. It’s not tragic on carnivore(ish) but still not good. Alvaro started to have his lunch at 11am and as I happen to be not fully satiated at that time and my tiny abilities to resist eating ceased to exist some time during December (and the piglet caused smaller meals), I eat with him. But now I stop and wait for some valid reason to eat. 11:30 and I am satiated (I consciously didn’t resist and ate a second dinner and won the lottery with it, it seems… sometimes eating late and much triggers earlier hunger). Good.

I made Alvaro to hide the coffee again :slight_smile: I need all the help I can get :slight_smile:
So… No coffee, no eating way too early without any need, as strict as possible woe so pretty much carnivore. Not totally as I can’t avoid onions in my stew and I want lots of stew in the near future. But that’s about it for now. And tea, of course. It’s winter and I need my warm drinks. It’s nice and clear and defined. It should work. I had enough of not doing things right. I hope I will remember it next time when I will feel like messing with my woe again…

(Sama Hoole) #60

Oh absolutely, highly doubt I’ll be sent into a sugar coma from a few stray carbs.