JanZC --- No Plants! Smaller Pants!

I wanted to address this a little bit cause hot damn if it ain’t one of the best perks of zc.

Carnivore or any good eating healthier plan gives us renewed energy we lost…but there is that deep down internal buzz and fire and tingle of the ‘I must move and move now’ factor that is achieved by some zc people that goes further…and I think you got it.

I also thought about it a bit and I think it truly is our healing bodies actually obtain a type of reversal of damage in our bodies a bit.

I think of it like this, we gained back something so natural and instinctual and normal. Yet we didn’t even know we lost it to this level.

Children are bursting with energy. Balls of fire. Jumping, moving, fidgeting and running and just letting it all out at full speed. Healthy. Into young adult years we are exploring, active in sports maybe, finding new adventure and life and our life force energy is directing us to move move into that further life realm as we change and grow. All energy supplied by our bodies to do just that. Use that energy, tap it, expend it, fire the muscles and more as our bodies were intended to do for our daily survival.

Then we lose it…well alot of us do anyway :slight_smile: but we have college for careers maybe, or job stress, marriage, mortgages, divorces, elderly parents, maybe some med issues creeping in, bad eating and we disconnect. We have lost what we had in our healthy childhood bodies. Something we never put a label on cause you had it, you just had it, but when ya lose something and gain it back and you are listening fully to your bodies directions now you think, huh, wow did I ever feel this deep down buzzed crazy sensations of having to move, the body is fired and healthier and saying you must move. I direct you to move and darned if ya just have to do it LOL

I think your path is doing a good change for you FB! We all get this ‘buzzed crazy have to move’ deep down feeling on our own timeline as our internal bodies heal from the damage…we get great energy while healing, etc…but I think there is a second special flip on our energy reserves where we fall into a category of reversed damage and we gain back something so extremely natural and didn’t even remember we had it back in the day.

I don’t know, just some of my thoughts on it all. :slight_smile: just great chatting out this stuff! A little bit of a story I put with my own venture into that ‘must move now!’ feeling that is just so interesting.

HI and I loved reading your post.

So then in Feb. very soon we are going to be wishing you a 1 year Carniversary! Cool!!

If you worded this the way you have, then yea, you got some clarity in your thinking I bet! :slight_smile: It isn’t like we are zinged by the wisdom or educational gods out there and we are instantly changed and smarter LOL it truly works like you said…when our thinking clears we tend to approach and handle our daily life situations on a more thoughtful level. We analyze a bit more before going off the handle, we are less anxious in our decisions and all that jazz, well it seems to be that way for most zc people. I like it tho, a more calming approach in interactions in our lives with our daily issues.

Welcome to the zc group!!

Yes…also tho keep in mind how many jump ship on ‘every diet plan’ out there and later in their plans. Like a 5 yr Keto Plan maintainer who starts the usual post with…I thought I could have back a little but I went off the rails and can’t get back into the groove…oh boy it is the same with carnivore. We are not special kinda in that way of being exempt from being human while on eating plan changes.

I think so many want ZC to be ‘magical’ and while it gives us alot, it isn’t magic…we put in that work to change and adapt and bob and weave but in the end, we are who we are and like I said, if one came here having ‘eating issues or troubles’ like millions, we have to put in the work just as hard as anyone else.

Plus when ya think about many of us zc people do get away with a ‘few boundary pushes’ but with any eating change plan, you let that sugar back into your body and you flip into a glucose burn vs. a ketone burn and everything just falls apart and the long carb binge begins.

Many are that one bite away from disaster at every step. That is me and I know it.

I always remember one statement a few maintainers said while I was out reading how maintenance people kept off the weight they lost thru years and years and it was always the same…you have to eat all thru life just like you did to lose the lbs. With only very rare exemptions from that original eating plan. Those are the long term success people. Not the ones who carb creeped foods back into their plans, always pushing the boundaries of what it took to take them there, cause there is that one bite that sends everything you accomplished down the drain.

Be nice huh if all eating changes we wanted were easy :slight_smile: :slight_smile: or we wouldn’t all be here chatting about it LOL

I ate big and good yesterday

food was

12 oz NY strip steak
1 lb. med. sized peel/eat shrimp
small cheeseburger patty as a snack…yea right? lol but darn it was wanted and good
4 thin cut pork chops

after those chops I was stuffed. Rarely I hit that ‘thanksgiving belly full feeling’ on zc but I sure did. I was just stuffed to the gills.
woke up feeling just as stuffed :slight_smile:

got a steak for later, not sure what else I might eat. truly in a no hungry, no interest for food right now feeling.

All is good, just doing my zc thing!

(Vic) #64

Did not eat today, yet…

Except candy.

But I don’t know how people are able to binge eating carbs… Don’t they get carb poisoned like me? Don’t they feel the carby food isn’t what their body wants? I am very undisciplined but in December I didn’t enjoy most of my carbs. It was nostalgy and being more “free” between November and January and the food was there, being special as we never buy that stuff but got as gifts, these things. Little desire, little joy, sometimes none. After some while, I stop as it’s not good to sacrifice something important and not getting anything for it.
It’s hard enough this way but if one can just eat carbs without bouncing back due to serious physical problems or lack of joy from it… That sounds bad. But I have my personality and old skills and habits so I guess we all have our hardships…
And of course, long term carnivore is something I haven’t the vaguest idea about. I don’t like or need that level of strictness but I definitely have a long way to go until I eat really well for me. I have a lot of lingering… things. Hopefully most of them will disappear this year, gently and gradually enough, forcefulness never worked for me, it can easily backfire. But I am very very very stubborn and I have important goals. I easily fail but bounce back quickly (sometimes less quickly but my times when I had months without keto are over. I think that happened once. normally I went on and off keto very very frequently. normal keto was something I couldn’t stay on after I already had some level of fat adaptation and now I know carbs were the problem. carnivore is way easier to do for weeks and it even has noticeable and even huge benefits. my keto was like low-carb, just harder, I surely wrote that before) and I slowly but change for the better.
It would be wonderful to change quicker already… That’s my plan for 2021. Not only eating wise.

yea I get this cause it just isn’t you. and might never be as we know in our eating thru our lives we have phases or changes or med issues that could push new changes, good or bad onto us----------but you read it all the time. Those who are different than you and you might never experience any of what is being written about out there, but if you match what someone else is saying…hit that lightbulb moment of OMG that is me and I need XYZ for health, than ya follow that path. But many don’t ever need ‘that path’.

So I get this cause I can say right now when I say carb binge, how you feel means nothing cause all you want is the sugar addiction fix. Doesn’t ever matter what ‘extra crap’ comes with that…the eating is first, we deal with the fallout and misery after and it goes on rinse/repeat cycle.

Just watch a show like ‘My 600 lb Life’ and you can easily see addiction physical eating problems, which are obviously fueled by emotional issues of big proportion for many who take that path…You think I would never ever be 600–800–999 lbs. but there are many right there in this entire world. So you think how can one carb binge and then I think—who is a carb binger type LOL says, how in the world can one be over 800 lbs?

I wouldn’t go there either but it is a real possibility in this world I could be one who does go there at some point? Who knows in that future predictions of life of course but in the end, the fight is real for each of us and our paths and true internal ‘know thyself’ and what it takes to bring our health to the forefront and succeed is a massive undertaking and not an easy row to sow or maintain.

I just posted a video with Dr Ken Berry and Kelly H kinda chatting with just about that…what it takes, how our eating signals are screwed up and more about finding our path to truer health.

Alot of complication in a way we face individually, but in absolute truth the eating changes are so simple, yet we do complicate that even LOL

Some change quick, others need time as they ‘see the light on personal effects/benefits/changes’ and we all walk that path meant for us.
But in that final end of it all, if you listen to the truth of ‘know thyself’ and act on what is what suits you and don’t play or pretend and take hard action, we really do find our way…if we get out of our own way sometimes :slight_smile:
good chat S!! Loving how we can throw out what ifs, and who are we issues of it all and weave thru in our journeys and find us as we desire. A whole big package of our life we are dealing with…mental/physical so as we change and try changes and more and learn we get there eventually if we have the time/desire/wants on this Earth to do just that.

(Vic) #67

I guess one time every month on average, so yes it happens.

I usually drink a litre of full fat milk then.

Ones in a blue moon i eat a bit of fruit/berries, not a lot thou, 20 gr of carbs would be the absolute upper limit. The cost being diarea and sick feeling the day after. I think I ate fruit 5 times last year.

fab post Vic!

milk is your savior and for me, when the cravings hit I think, just eat meat…just eat meat and a hell of alot of it LOL All zc people have their zc fixes that work for us and it is very personal on how we need to work thru hard craving times.

Think of it like this guys, we know we want to stay zc. But when we crave and want out, what is our personal choice of saving grace? for Vic point blank that milk suits him. For me even frying up a lb. of bacon is my go to for control. Find any and all animal kingdom foods that make you enjoy and feel thrilled and gives that UMppftt we mentally need and then we can stay on plan and we have our fix ya know.

When I went bonkers earlier on plan I was like, screw this but then I said, but damn I do not want off plan, what do I do? I hit a lb. of bacon. I would run to the store in desperation to buy snow carb legs cause to me that decadence and butter dipping was a massive treat that kept me on plan at all times with my chosen animal kingdom foods and key to it all, fill that tummy in any carnivore way you can!

So it flips to what plant, icky, manufactured fake carbs/food do I want that will ‘not hurt me so much’ and flip that thinking truly to ‘what entire animal kingdom foods do I want to inhale in epic proportions’ for my body and thrive, vs. how ‘do I control junk’ in my life that takes me down.

mental focus on it all is very important to me. I am one who requires it :slight_smile:

So Vic is a shining example of what he does to take his situation under his total control. I do the same. And we see very clearly when we ‘push a tad’ for what never suits us we pay the piper and hate it so?

guys we got great carnivore chat on the board for sure!!

I haven’t had carb cravings yet, but it has only been 35 days ZC for me. My two cents haven’t even reached market value yet. And still I type…:rofl:

Sometimes I think it would be easy to pop a cube of cheddar cheese in my mouth. Or I think that there is cream cheese in the refrigerator that no one has eaten…shouldn’t I before it goes to waste? (The money is already gone. Who cares? Sunk Cost Fallacy/Mom Thinking.)

Then I think about how much better I feel and look dairy free. I think about how highly processed cheese is. (I have a history of veganism and know exactly what facts and mental images to conjure to abstain from cheese)

Let’s be honest. No one is binging on blueberries or plain salad greens. It is the processed stuff. The “designed and manipulated food” that is triggering our reward centers.

Eat meat, preferably beef and all will be well.

I agree and concur here but longer time on plan, when it hits and hot damn it will be insane for some of us as a pivotal moment truly, on ‘take that easy way out and give in’ or find whatever the hell floats your boat in the zc food world might become of monster importance to you…I give this a ! and ? lol

In that bacon is man made. Sausage is man made. Even milk is a purchased man made product in that it is an easy ‘buy’ and in real nature, milk is not obtained like that. ever. Or is my bacon taste, or is my snow carb tastes I want from far away seas. We all know diary is sketchy for most of us but if a chicken breast slathered in melted cheese along with even a ‘store bought jarred alfredo sauce’ keeps you ‘there’ then it is right for you on a person level.

It is a truth that slaps every single one of us. Be prepared. But it also is in that post of what I put in the other thread on videos, from Dr Ken and KH, …if you open that fridge and see bacon, or burgers, or leftover steak or chicken ‘and this is not what you want right now’ then U are truly ‘not hungry’…real hunger is you would eat that burger, cheese, woof down that chicken in ‘survival food mode’ so we have ‘big big big’ disguises we have to acknowledge and our feelings are SO firm til they flip and damn for most they will flip!

So forward thinking and chat about what comes next, how we roll, what goes down for each of us so personal is a great chat to happen! Before it friggin’ happens, find real truths in our eating before they take control and learn ahead of time from those who walked that path…will it all fit, nope, never will, but in the end, knowing and realizing others experiences are a key factor, where we can pick and choose what ‘then suits us’ personally is so valuable. :wink: It was so valuable to me that it made me…what path others walked and I knew I could find me in it all ya know…just a fab chat, a great literally exchange of knowledge, and experience and what we all seen/read/know and I love that truly!

we all grow together but on our own timelines! ZC gives us just that!

ok ranted a bit, sorry HAHA just love this chat truly :slight_smile:

The last time I had bacon was my grand goodbye to bacon.

After having a go with eggs, sardines and pork in December (and that chicken thigh) to just beef and water going forward.

One less thing to worry about is one less thing to worry about. :blush:

I haven’t eaten today yet. I guess lack of interest in food makes sense after three ribeyes yesterday AND the fat off of my husband’s steak. :joy:

(Edith) #72

The taste for carbs was not necessarily for junk. It was for fruit and veggies, really wanting to nibble side dishes for the kids and hubby.

Since @Fangs frequently mentions “listen to your body,” I wondered if my body was telling me something, maybe that it was lacking something the fruit would provide.

I can’t eat dairy but I do like the idea of some carnivore food to eat if the carb craving hits. Bacon or beef stick would work.

Water. Color. Fragrance.

Really I would take a bath with some essential oil.

Orange oil for lively feels. Lavender for relaxation.

/exvegan lol

(Edith) #74

Maybe I’m strange, well… okay… I know I’m strange :joy:, but I find the smell of lavender repulsive. :nauseated_face:

great post VE but is sugar junk? cause fruit and veg is sugar and if you are the person that is ‘effected by veg toxins’ etc is it then a junk food. Yup, natural food can easily be junk we crave. Craving fruit? Sugar intake. Craving certain veg, well that could be ‘low sugar intake’ but then 'what is that thing it does to you on a personal level? and those are considerations that hit on a very personal level for each of us.

You are not lacking, it is outside stimuli and more that makes us think we ‘require’ but in full truth thru basic science, does the body need one plant carb for survival. Nope and never will…but again, personal issues cause what if one is ‘medically challenged’ and that can easily sway alot but in final thoughts, is natural life focus wrong in any way? Not if you allow it and experience the best of the best being on it cause ‘once we go off’ and ‘allow back in’ then we know real truths ya know as only we know them.

I know me. I know I can eat mushrooms and never crave at all, I love the darn taste of them but ‘do I choose to allow’ and some say yes and it makes them happy and good and some, like me say NO cause in the end I read up on ‘what fungus intake’ does to us interally’ and while I know I can eat them I choose not…

so in the bitter end it is such a personal journey and while we walk it we must see those changes we want and how they really do effect us…in that a few berries you know are natural but even you said you saw changes after dropping them—but now your mental wants justify gaining them back ‘as maybe they necessary for overall health’ which is indeed a great draw and excuse to go there…but if you can eat a few and enjoy is it wrong? maybe not LOL

just learn you ya know. cause when one says I think I need some berries, eat a steak and then re-evaluate that whole thought. It then gives the zc lifestyle a fair chance ya know.

You are so IN and I know it. You are 2 months til 6 months and I tell ya that timeline you are on is SO close to other changes and thoughts and you just push thru til ya hit that mark, cause then, what you decide and feel you need to roll has big merit behind it! You are rocking it VE and that is not a doubt in my mind :slight_smile: :partying_face:

omg so there with u on hating lavender!

Fair!

When people say they “crave” something - sometimes it isn’t necessarily a dietary need, exclusively. Sometimes hydration, sometimes emotional. Etc.

Forget the lavender. :wink:

truth and that truth we must admit to ourselves comes with time on this way of lifestyle.

oh heck yea we change but in the end ‘that hold’ vs. wants/desires and addiction in our faces ya know?

each will experience hard and true. on our own paths but in the end, what does it take for each of us? where do we land?

sounds like it might not ever be a thought to some, but others, on yea, we have issues :wink:

among zc people we on our forms we say one thing…Keep the ZC Faith cause in the end, you hold plan thru all the crazy of what we are experiencing, you come out on the ‘other side’ more complete and when ya hit this, thru a personal timeline we all have experinece, it is wild and so freeing!

(Vic) #79

Dinner:

Pork oysters and eggs.

Had a large cup of bone broth with that and some cheese for desert.

Only 1 meal today, been nibling on a Iberico ham, it killed the hunger. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Chicken really doesn’t work for me. I ate it without the usual pork. I wasn’t hungry, I already ate eggs and beef before that meal but I knew I would get hungry later and I want to stop my midnight eating.
I got hungrier than I was before. Oh well, my body got nutrients, it wasn’t useless but some different meat works so better. I ate some eggs but it’s still not that good (but the amount of egg wasn’t big so of course. but I don’t desire more eggs, it was already an eggy day). Having 3 meals probably didn’t help, I noticed I am choosier and harder to satisfy then, no wonder.

I got out some pork and liver from the freezer for tomorrow (they are already roasted/fried). Alvaro still has plenty of hen left (from his viewpoint), I ate my share (but I ate the bony parts and he ate the breast. we both had a wing and a thigh), it was a small hen.