JanZC --- No Plants! Smaller Pants!

food yesterday was

few slices of taylor ham

a ton of snow crab legs
few peel/eat shrimp

So hubby springs it on me. I am off to my 92 yr old mom’s house to take her grocery shopping and visit and hubby says since my birthday is Monday I want to go out to eat tonight.

monkey wrench LOL

I get home from mom’s about 2 or so…come in very hungry of course and usually that is cook a 1 lb. steak and enjoy. But with eating out at an all you can eat seafood buffet/snow crab leg restaurant I knew I couldn’t eat a steak at all cause I would never be hungry enough to eat great crab which I love and get something out of that darn high pricey meal price.

So a few slices taylor ham and then just waited. Went on the earlier side to eat cause I was hankering for food and when I got there I ate a ton of crab legs. But they only had that fake disgusting oily ‘what the hell is’ it type melted butter, and honestly, what is that crap? I don’t know LOL and the shrimp were kinda small and mushy so I didn’t eat many. Rest of the food on the buffet I could not have. All fried. Corn on cob, desserts, salad crap and so I just inhaled a bunch of legs. Nice thing is they were big, not salty and delish so I truly enjoyed ‘his birthday’ meal LOL

He is asking for a pineapple upside down cake for his birthday on monday. I live in kinda the boonies, very country and no store is gonna sell that around me so I will bake him one. Luckily I have 0 desire to ever eat that anyway, so yea I can make it, in fact it is a good thing for me to make him since I have no interest :slight_smile:

I just wanna eat at home tho. Just leave me alone! I want to just enjoy by steak at home. I want my food on my schedule, when I want whatever I want and I want my normal ‘holidays over and his bday over’ and frickin’ life focus on food just over with. I want normal boring days of my food as I want HAHA yes I whine to just be ‘zc’ in my day.

the crab was delish but damn I just wanted a stupid steak really…at home…when I wanted it…yes I am a whiner on this stuff :wink: but luckily all should fall simple again now since his bday kinda marks the final festivities stuff for our holiday time in this house :crazy_face:

feeling great, just zc’ing along. all good.

It makes me glad to hear you vocalize your annoyance with holidays. It is so refreshing. As a mother, wife, consumer - it is my cultural role to uphold these traditions. I think they are absurd.

Every day above ground is a birthday.
Every morning is a gift of possibilities and every night is New Life Eve.

And on…Down to even Halloween - if one wants to eat cheap candy and dress like a sexy witch at their job, don’t wait, Carpe Diem! :joy:

(Karen) #23

Felt bad today. Think that the camembert might have been past its best. Wont be having it again. I belched badly and loudly and hurtly all night and all through my stair runs before work and all yhe way to work. Returned home about 30 mins after arroving at work feeling very emotional and still belching constantly. Still belching constantly and it is now 1.20pm!

1st sicky in many years but really felt that i couldnt stay at work with a gurgling tummy, belching like I’ve been drinking gallons of lager and bursting into tears.

Hoping to feel better very soon and back to work tomorrow. May not buy anymore cheese after whats left in the fridge as i have read it can cause gas and bloating.

@Karen18

Oof. I am so sorry Karen!

If you decide to ditch it, come sit next to me and we can gossip about cheese behind it’s back. :wink::hugs::cut_of_meat:

(Laurie) #25

Loved the anti-celebration rants! If someone enjoys them, fine, but count me out. They are an offence against my human needs.

30 years ago, when my daughter was 9 or 10, I told her Santa wasn’t coming any more. She said, “I can’t even have a chocolate?” and I said, “Yes, I guess he can bring you a chocolate.”

When she had her own daughter, she felt compelled to do Christmas because of other family pressures. But she told her daughter, “Grandma doesn’t do Christmas.”

I don’t know about anyone else, but whenever I’ve given in to pressure to celebrate, I’ve regretted it. I could tell some nightmare stories (like not being allowed to lie down after major surgery because I’d ruin Christmas), but I won’t.

I know that feeling @islandlight! feel like you are gonna rob everyone else’s enjoyment cause you require something different or unique to a friggin’ holiday situation or told ya ‘have to’ comply…ugh

I remember mom freaking over the big big Thanksgiving food when we had aunts/uncles/my counsins coming over and omg the stress level, til the adults all got fed well, had alot of booze down them and all hats off and THEN the fun came HAHA…sorry u had that misery truly!

@Ellacosew, I just love your thoughts :slight_smile:

@Karen18, holy moly, been there, I know it well and that is a major learn thru the food intake day for ya but sorry ya got nailed rough but good thing on zc, you will even up fast and again, then ya know now LOL

you know guys I am bucking ‘the norm’ on my eating lifestyle and hot damn I am now gonna buck against every other thing I don’t want, useless holiday times and more…hey those who want all that, cool, have it enjoy it, but me, I am doing me darn it and I will take the sword to those that tell me I can’t do me as I want in this life…oh yea, we are getting major independence here for ourselves! :slight_smile: love that! It is that nice brain clarity coming where we come out of the fog and into the real of it all!!

(Vic) #27

Lunch today:

Just chicken, nothing else.

nice pic Vic!
I roasted up a beauty like that the other day. Darn big old chickens are delish and yours sure looks wonderful!
and all that goodness at the bottom, yum

I ate a massive bowl of pan fried tiger prawns this evening. All of them. And a mug of beef broth.

For lunch I had scallops fried in butter, combined in a 4 egg omelette with some cheese.

2 cups black coffee.

All in an 8 hour feeding window. Not because I planned it but because the NoFUN habit has stuck (No Food Until Noon).

Generally my appetite is low. But as Fangsy says, once you start eating, it all switches on and you eat to satiety. The black coffee is an appetite suppressant, so may be masking true hunger?

It was a seafood day. I’m still supplementing magnesium citrate twice daily, and Vitamin B3 twice daily. Am outside a lot as it is summer.

I have two Scotch fillet steaks in the fridge. But tomorrow night is salmon night. It may become steak and salmon night.

Happy New Day!

yup, that is a full truth many come to know. but some do great on that coffee in the morning and enjoy it and ‘it suits’ them ON OTHER plans, but once ya go zero carb/carnivore we need REAL body signals to show us full truths about us.

so yea, that coffee could be a detriment to what your body is trying to heal more thru use of zc foods you might have eaten if you hadn’t had that coffee? so then again, it is a very personal choice how coffee fits into one’s life…a good one to 'feel/learn/acknowledge/experiment about yourself kinda issue :slight_smile:

great post FB! ZC above all else is friggin’ eat when you feel you need it and that is why when one goes ‘into low hunger mode’ and we zc all do that, if in doubt, start eating something and ‘see’ cause in the end it is either, nah, I really do not want anything or hot damn, ya eat like a big and ya think, damn I really needed that!!! and that is ALL apart of what changes come as we hold carnivore plan, we find out alot about ourselves thru it all.

great post! and darn I want those prawns cause my little shrimp I ate last night were icky compared to what you ate and wrote about…I jelly :slight_smile:

:cut_of_meat::100::raised_hands:t2::gift::boom::bouquet::dove:

Day! A cause for celebration! :raised_hands:t2: Happy Day Everyone!

Happy Zero Carb eating day all!!! LOL

Happy belated birthday, Scott!

Hi guys, well 2021 started. I was pretty inactive this far but I have big plans for this year. I was too… not lazy, that’s normal but stuck for a long while and I should get the active life I need already.

We have problems with the piglet. It is much work to make its skin crunchy and keep it that way and take it apart… I washed my hand with soap quite thoroughly zillion times and I am not used to that even in 2020. Oh I don’t complain much, it’s fun once in a blue moon if one knows what they are doing but now it was much. The piglet is full with skin and fat. I never had such a fatty animal in my life (well maybe the mutton was like that but the fat came out of it when roasted and the result was just perfect. the piglet released much fat and it is still insanely fatty - at least after I give Alvaro the leaner parts and just a little skin but it’s very fatty anyway). The fridge ruins the skin and I had to play forever with the boiled head and feet. So my enthusiasm dropped after the first day and I had some nausea at some point… But today was fine, crunchy skin galore (for me), aspic with meat and boiled skin, some meat and eggs and some dairy. My fat/protein ratio is delicate so I even fried some very lean fish to balance things out, that will be the case tomorrow as well. I made sponge cake, it’s very good with some too fatty stuff, it’s nice and dry and helps a lot. I couldn’t resist and eat it as dessert too but December is still too near…

But even if I eat a bit fattier than I would like, I really can’t complain about my satiation :slight_smile:

My immediate goals: getting back my moderate activity (I only took walks lately and once I cycled a bit), eating well (I won’t try hard but staying close to carnivore shouldn’t be hard on most days at this point. I don’t care much about my eating window at this point)… I still drink coffee but I have headache often and it wouldn’t be good for me to try too hard, let me have this now, I will work on it later.
Nothing special or fixed about how I will do carnivore-ish but I lowered my dairy and especially cheese consumption. Maybe it stays this way, maybe not, we will see.
I don’t track so I won’t have much idea about my macros except that protein is high and carb is very low. And fat is quite high now as well. My energy intake is probably okay, not too much, not too little.

I continue not supplementing anything and using as much salt as I feel like, drinking as much water as much I feel like, eating whenever I fancy doing it. I expect to go back to my smallish eating window most of the time but I wished to eat at 11am today (very unusual) so I did. Only some aspic (with lots of meat though, relatively), I never can eat much in the morning but it seemed a not bad idea now.
I only want to get rid of my stubborn midnight eating but it shouldn’t be a challenge on carnivore. Even if I will eat late, it will be very little and probably will happen for a reason.

So I just want simple and chill.

:smiley:
I like this. I never liked to put some celebration on a fixed day, no matter what. If I wasn’t in a mood for a cake on my birthday, I didn’t make a cake on that day. It’s my birthday, no one can force me eating cake. And I never needed a special occasion to make some fancier or more luxurious meal if I wanted that. I am a hedonist, it makes sense to have it when I fancy it (and have the time and mood and energy to make it).
Not like one needs to celebrate anything with food, of course. It’s not about food. People just love to eat, show off their skills etc. I get it but it’s tragic when one overdo it, it ruined Christmas for a long time for the teen me with a delicate emotional state, maybe I mentioned that already.

You folks mention seafood so much, I probably will eat some shrimp this year, maybe soon :smiley: It’s nice but not substantial, pricy too, I can buy pork or eggs with that money and they are tasty and even satiate me! And I am fine without shrimp for any decades… But now and then, it’s fun. And I haven’t eaten any since quite a few years.

The weather is wonderful lately, sunny and not cold. What a January… Not like I complain.

(Vic) #35

Beef liver for lunch.
Had a cup of bone broth with that, made from the chicken bones at lunch.

Today nothing was defrosted for me. So…

I had two 1/2 burger patties that were meant for taco meat for the family. I nearly started a grease fire. Crunchy on the outside, near raw inside.

Three eggs over easy.

One can of sardines in water. Very tiny sardines. It’s a special occasion when the can is full of lots of tinies.
Happy Tiny Sardine Day! :joy:

A chicken thigh.

All the stuff that was not beef was just me trying to get enough food. But truly it feels sub-optimal right now.
Especially the chicken. I don’t remember the last time I had it, and I don’t want to eat any more.
Just beef now, please.

Walmart delivery is tomorrow! Ground beef and ribeyes on the horizon! :cut_of_meat:

:smiley:

January won’t be about chicken for me either, at all. I ate a lot in the last months, it was nice with pork but now I had enough of fowl (I ate turkey and duck lately).
After the piglet comes some leftover liver (it’s hard to get bored of but it’s just some addition), very little but very delicious leftover beef stew (I probably get some more beef when we go to the city again, in about 10 days)… And then we will see. Probably pork stew and some fish, I have the ingredients already. And more eggs than lately (that was really low and without much dairy, I need my eggs for variety).
And then I buy pork liver… So my fowl meat aversion isn’t a problem for a while. But later I will pair it with my pork again just in smaller quantities - and not always, I don’t want to eat roasts all the time anymore. It was fine until it lasted but now I need other type of dishes too. I have these phases, it’s fine. That is variety too.

(Daisy) #38

Today was a beautiful beefy day! This morning was some delicious raw sirloin and liver pâté. This evening was some chuck roast and fat, eggs, a filet mignon, and the bacon from my husband’s filet last night. I didn’t add any other fat, and I know they say hair loss is a result of events 3 months prior, but without fail, every time I go a couple days without adding fat, my hair comes out in chunks!
image image

(Sama Hoole) #39

I was going to do a zero carb bulk through January, but since the lockdown’s hit and I can’t bring myself to bring the resistance bands back out, I’ll use this as a chance to trim down a little.

Plenty of meat on the menu still, just not as much butter. I’ll miss it.

(Vic) #40

Now that looks delicious, yum 1 for me too please :grin:

Have a layer of butter in there if you feel like it. No need to miss it.

I see Salami, cheese, egg, what else is sandwiched in there?