JanZC --- No Plants! Smaller Pants!

that is me to a T. Soup is so useless. If ya want bone broth, do it. Ya want a meal, do it and eat it as is, combining both on some hope ‘of feeling’ full to me is just never gonna happen. Yes I am NOT a soup person and I am biased on it HA

soup :nauseated_face:

The normal cheap coconut oil has exactly zero taste… To me, at least (I don’t make ANY assumption about other people’s taste, it’s so wonderfully different… my own tastebuds are weird sometimes too :D). The fancy expensive one has coconut smell and flavor, I’ve heard, I never had that.

I only use coconut oil for my pancakes as they are very neutral and who knows which one of us will eat them and how (salty, sweet, other)… They have a nice flavor anyway. But normally I prefer at least butter and ideally some tasty lard!

Coconut flavor is strange as my taste changed regarding that and it’s unusual. I pretty much loved coconut flavor and now I dislike it (some dishes would get away with it but I don’t eat coconut sweets anymore. probably wouldn’t enjoy them nearly as much as in the past).
I used to make coconut milk some years ago, all the time and I put them into my coffee! I made it coconut milk lately for some reason, old or some new recipe and food mostly for Alvaro, something like this. I don’t know how could I drink it let alone enjoy it. It was quite awful.

Regarding my day, I was so hungry so I continued eating. 3 pancakes, one with quark, one with head cheese and one with catfish/salmon spread. 1.5 hour eating window, nice. I ate a bit too much calorie wise (even if I have vague ideas about that) but it was a nice carni day, not even a drop of mustard! I reached the point where I appreciate such a little achievement.
If I ruin this after midnight, I will scream. But I can’t be that big of an idiot :slight_smile: (Of course eating due to hunger is allowed as always, with proper carni food. But I doubt I will get hungry today.)

Give me both and more :slight_smile: Wet food, dry food, crunchy food…
Sometimes I wonder if it’s me or cultural thing. Probably both. Soup is very basic in Hungary, I ate soup every day as a kid, it was part of a proper lunch. Even hospital lunch has soup and hospital food is very minimal due to financial reasons (well, soup is very cheap…).
I am fine without soup a few times a week but not more. I badly miss soup when I don’t have it for days. Comforting, appetite inducing, lovely dishes. Well the ones I like, Alvaro’s very dense soups aren’t for me (for multiple reasons. he puts surprisingly much carbs into them I am sure) and he hates when a soup is over 90% water (mmmmm… I don’t complain at 99% either if the liquid is tasty).
Now I keep frozen soup in the freezer. I am fine with a tiiiiiiiiny soup but it must be present.
In the past 1-2 liters of soup was pretty normal on the majority of my days…

Even then. Temptation easily may happen without hunger in my case but yeah, hunger is what I definitely won’t ever resist. And well-fasted hunger is one thing, I have a chance at that but hunger after a meal? That’s cruel. If I must, I try to eat nearly anything there… Even if I know it probably won’t help. So I must be prepared. Especially if I don’t have enough momentum yet (or if I start to get tired of carni, at least a part of me. my rebellious self is quite problematic, it’s one reason I don’t do it too strict. just today because I badly need strictness now).
I am normally prepared but it’s winter now and the car acted like a nice fridge for all my food… So I left it all in the car. I just forgot I probably won’t find enough satiating food. Strange, other people eat whatever and they get full, satisfied and satiated. I don’t. Even when I was a high-carber, I needed very much fatty protein to have a chance. I never went hungry or unsatisfied if I was at home (and rarely even if I wasn’t) but these relative visits don’t work for me even though no one tells me to stop eating or not to search something in the fridge. But my fridge is so much better…

Soup definitely isn’t for making me full. I don’t want to be full, that’s horrible when hungry!
As I wrote, soup is to raise appetite sometimes like today. I can’t eat with a negative appetite - except soup. But I really love my tasty clear soups, they are very very very very very enjoyable and that’s one thing, I can skip wonderful things but without soup, I end up quite miserable. No idea why but I badly need it. Or something similar. Spicy egg milk works in a dire need.
Sometimes it’s annoying as I need to make some stupid, not satiating soup because of this need but since I make meat soup and not vegetable soup, it’s not nearly as much work and it doesn’t make me much hungrier…

I think I shouldn’t write more about soups in the near future…

(Laurie) #304

No problem. Please write about soup!

I used to buy the refined/deodorized coconut oil, but someone said the unrefined was healthier. Oh well, I won’t be using it much any more.

(Karen) #305

@SecondBreakfast what is a liquid chicken latte? I drink home made chicken stock, is that what you are drinking except with cream or something. I am thinking along lines of coffee latte which is made with milk but of course we don’t do milk on Keto/Carnivore !

(Karen) #306

Sun popped out today Yay, it makes one feel so much more upbeat.

Started day with my 100 stair runs in 5 sets of 20 with pu’s and situps. Followed by todays CF workout so a sweaty start to the day.

Had sirloin steak and couple of fried eggs for brunch. It was far nicer than the sirloin I ate 2 days ago albeit probably looks like the same piccie hahaha … it isn’t and it was still nicely rare on the inside and seared well on the outside. Just perfect this morning.

Didn’t want to miss the opportunity of getting some vitamin D so I went for an 8 mile power walk. My fitbit recorded it as walking and eliptical so at times I must have been throwing my arms around wildly, probably as I was tackling the steep hills en route. I certainly worked up another sweat as I was wearing a few layers. I was tempted to remove one but kept it on and enjoyed the sweat!

Worked up a nice apetite and after a mug of my home made chicken stock I ate 3 oven cooked pork lincolnshire sausages smothered with beef dripping. Very tasty.

Feeling satiated at the moment but will probably eat some cheese and possibly a small tin of tuna later.

(Karen) #307

Ooops forgot the pic!

2 raw eggs, hot coffee, a blip of hwc. When I used sweetener - a little liquid stevia did the job. I don’t need that nowadays. Blast it with an immersion blender.

(Karen) #309

@SecondBreakfast so there is no chicken in it? You have me a little confused, mind you that doesn’t take much. Just that you mentioned chicken liquid!

I think i have found my new go to food which might just break the cheese fixation.
Canned Corned Beef, I picked up a couple of cans from Lidl and have just opened the first this evening. It has to be one of the best corned beef out of a can that i have ever had! Not only is it really very tasty, the can opener attached to the can actually worked and I was also able to extract the meat without it breaking up or getting in a mess! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

“Liquid Chicken” (not chicken liquid) is my preferred name for raw eggs. I referred to them as Liquid chicken because my family got grossed out if I said I ate raw eggs. =)

Managed to handle today with ease. Had the LC latte for breakfast, ate grilled chicken for lunch. Had a little beef jerky for a snack - so far so good.

Dern it, darn it.

Back at work this week and the symptoms of adrenaline and cortisol response only took 2 days to arrive.

Small horse fall at the gas station today.

Ah well, start again. Now!

(Bob M) #313

Supposedly, l-ornithine reduces cortisol. See, eg:

On the other hand, I’ve tried taking l-ornithine, and still don’t know whether there’s a benefit to it.But I’m also not a stressed out person. I also sleep quite well without taking anything. For instance, wearing blue blocker glasses at night seem to make things worse for me (I can’t keep my eyes open past 9pm, and I get up too early).

sorry FB. Work and your long travel sure can put stress onto us fast. I know you love staying at your home and beach :slight_smile: You’ll be ok!!

food yesterday was

1 lb. T bone steak. yum on this tender bad boy
3 country style pork spare ribs
beef stick

Doing good. Feel ‘back to zc normal’. Whatever crazy grabbed me has left. So happy I am back into the normal and out of that crazy :wink:

have 2 NY strip steaks for today, pair up with shrimp if wanted.
bought some burger on sale, gonna patty out some packages to have handy.

I so love having a very limited menu. I just find it so easy and simple and not a big focus. When food becomes a big focus for me it then becomes truly an annoyance.

So far so good.

My son asked for a cortisol blocker a couple weeks ago. All I could get my hands on quickly was Ashwaganda root. (sp?) He’s been smoking for 3-5 years, longer if you include vaping. After a week on the root capsules- he quit smoking cold turkey. No withdrawal. I had spent a small fortune getting him nicotine gum and such, and it would help curb his smoking- but never completely. Incidentally, he wanted the cortisol blocker to use in conjunction with his workout routine/training. Had nothing to do with the smoking. So, that was pretty cool. I started taking it to help w my BP.

(Edith) #316

I find that very interesting. I was thinking about giving them a try, but I’m a morning person and have a hard time staying awake late anyway. Maybe if I wore them, I might not be able to stay awake past 8pm. That would make my night owl husband unhappy. :joy:

(Edith) #317

I think liquid chicken sounds worse than raw eggs, :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Fangs…thank you. You reminded me of the many bonuses of ZC. Easy. Less kitchen time. less hassle. I need that now.
Had two days off this week. And guess what? I got called in for both of them! LOL!

Back soon. Keep up the mojo!!!

:100::100::100:
Lets all keep up the mojo!!

I do have to say limited kitchen time is a good thing :sunglasses:

me not being a kitchen person, I so enjoy ‘my fast food’ all the time and nice I am getting so used to ‘cold meat’ now from the fridge…I was one who liked hot food more, but I am flipping a bit now, enjoying the cold burgers and leftover pork etc cold…makes life in the kitchen even faster :partying_face:

sorry you are working so darn much and working hard I am sure! fingers crossed some ‘real days off’ come to ya!!

(Bob M) #320

Many people have good experiences with them. I may be an outlier.

Like you, I get up relatively early anyway, which means I go to bed early. (And I’m also married to someone who is the opposite of that). For me, I’ve tried wearing blue blockers multiple times, always with the same result – they move everything earlier, bedtime and arise time. I’m lucky to make it to 10pm without them, and with them, I’m falling asleep by 9 pm.

(Kellyn ) #321

yesterday I had some teeth pain which was weird and I think I remember seeing a post about oxalate dumping that may have been the cause. I only noticed it by using my electric toothbrush because the vibrations hurt. They seem fine this morning. I am starting to sleep a little better, but I do have to get up once a night to go to the bathroom. I slept wrong on my pillow last night and now my neck is sore. I have church tonight and no time for dinner so i brought two steaks to work. One to eat at lunch and the other to eat around 4. I have noticed that I can go longer in between meals now and that I do not snack. I am still using my wrist braces for my carpal tunnel but am hoping to stop in another week or so. My hands have not fallen asleep the last few days. When I went off carnivore before, my carpal tunnel returned with a vengeance. My hands fell asleep even with my wrist braces on. I am also more alert in the mornings. I am over a week now without caffeine and I don’t need it to wake up in the morning, nor am I sleepy after lunch. I bought a habit tracker/pocket calendar to use this year and for me it is fun to jot in it what I am eating and to fill in the bubbles when I complete a task. I have recorded goals and drawn mind maps for my weight loss. I love organization and I think this is helping tremendously. If anyone is curious it is called Clever Fox Weekly Planner.