JanZC --- No Plants! Smaller Pants!

(Laurie) #261

Posh Snack! We could start a new girl group.

(Karen) #262

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Get some Vitamin D Fangsy. You describe craving it. Itā€™s a fat soluble vitamin. So youā€™ll have to eat some fattier foods. I saw that Vic ate some cod livers the other day. That would do it. Or do like they did in Victorian England a dose a big spoonful of cod liver oil. At any time the sun does break through, run out and greet it.

Last night we had pan-fried salmon. Salmon night is as you describe. The fish is nice to eat but a short time after the meal the satisfaction is not as full as eating a steak. I added a dozen pan fried prawns to my meal after I was threatened with a salad because I said out loud that the delicious salmon fillet might not be enough. Do you remember those 1980s salad days and the comment, ā€œIf youā€™re still hungry you need to finish your salad/ veges.ā€ Then the ā€˜rewardā€™ would be dessert, a nutritional desert.

There are perfectly boiled fresh farm eggs in the fridge, so I had one. That took the edge off. I agree cheese is way too easy to snack on. Eggs can be a good option, if one feels like more. I remember Fangsy advising about snacks, it was along the lines of, if you feel like having a snack then eat a whole ZC meal.

Then the next thing I read after making that comment is this:

:laughing:

that lobster is sweet!

what was the cost at Lidls, just curious. last one I got on sale I think for 12.99, down from 14.99 for one.

posh snack, love it!

@FrankoBear, I think you are right. Cooped up and cold and it is ticking me off LOL I do need sunshine therapy!!

Staying on plan. In a groove.

NoFUN (No Food Until Noon), unless hungry. Then eat.
2MAD.
Breakfast. Black coffee, no cream (HWC urge has dissipated, coffee addiction persists). 3 middle bacon rashes, 3 or 4 eggs depending on sizes the chicken girls provide. Cooked in last nightā€™s fat and added butter. 60g Jarlsberg cheese and 45g cheddar (my casomorphin addiction is showing).

Next meal is usually steak, if itā€™s not salmon night. About 400g - 500g steak. 8 to 12 prawns. Added suet or butter if needed. Pink salt. Rain water.

I am by no means perfect. The summer fruits are ripening in the sun :scream:

(Sama Hoole) #266

Bacon-wrapped chicken thighs straight out the oven. Only have them every now and then because I struggle to find worm-fed chickens around here.

(Karen) #267

@Fangs the lobster was Ā£6 ($8) i thinkā€¦ definiteky not any more. The cod loin surprised me at Ā£8 when i got to the checkout as no price to be seen when i picked it out of the freeers. I had a look for some more lobster yesterday but none left.

@FrankoBear, forget the fruit FB! fruit is pure sugar truly. No use to ingest that poisonā€¦now you be darn good ya hear me LOL that steak, prawns and salmon are to drool for, the sugar is the thing that will take ya into rotten veins and diabetes land :wink: Think what our food does to us literallyā€¦ hey, I am fighting it right now! I am on that maniac fence and tipping toward carb land and fighting like a damn dog to get thru this stupidity I am facing. Donā€™t be me :slight_smile: :slight_smile: just sayinā€™

@GenesisOfSama, any chance at all you can raise your own and then have someone process them for you if you canā€™t do it? Chicken processers are hard to come by tho, I am very rural and when I checked into mass production of our farm raised chicken the cost was high and a very long drive to the plant, didnā€™t work out. Being a farmer this stuff was just normal in life, but I know many arenā€™t in the country at all and might be a city situation for you. just wondering on it.

Your pic is delish!!

@Karen18, wow that is a low cost. I would snatch up some easily like you at that price. Darn seafood isnā€™t doing sales around me much. If prices were kinder I would be in a seafood heaven every day! Good deal while ya found it tho!

-------------good carnivore morning!

food was
1 lb ribeye steak
4 pork chops
1 cheeseburger patty

and I wanted to eat down the freakinā€™ house of all carbs. I am struggling a bit still. Got ā€˜more controlā€™ for sure but my mind? I am likeā€¦just do it, you will recover and back on track and be fine------but I know I wonā€™t LOL Like that devil on one shoulder and that angel on the other. I think I have ā€˜holiday leftoverā€™ from how others ate what they wanted, cause hell it was the holiday ya know, and then back on trackā€¦but I didnā€™t do that, I watched others do it and now I am like pissed I didnā€™t get to do it HAHA I donā€™t know guys, just a mindset reset is what I need.
Wanted to eat a bunch of crap I donā€™t even like but of course I did not, I just was irritable for the day, ticking off my hubby and kid, oh well :skull_and_crossbones::scream_cat: tough noogies.

woke up again feeling more settled. Like I am just talking me thru it all and ā€˜getting over it and out of my systemā€™. Sometimes it hits me like this and I do ā€˜my workā€™ to deal. So far so good in truth, could be way worse then me just craving and being irked to the max.

I got 3 lbs. of steak ready to go. 2 NY strips and a big old Tbone.
got me 2 more pork chops to fry up and I cooked a sausage roll for patties as go to if required.

Yes I am covering me with meat! Only way I can make it. I canā€™t wait for my steak in a bit, looking for to it, or 2, or 3 maybe :slight_smile: who knows :shushing_face:

but better all around, feeling like all zc control coming back and my carbs are poison thoughts are cementing in keeping me from going there soā€¦hanging in and coming thru it all.

helps to vent it out :crazy_face: Some one gets it!! I know you guys do!!

(Kellyn ) #269

I am so glad for your rant. Seeing you think through things and avoid a major binge is really helpful. I have been there, but could not pull myself out of it. Itā€™s great to see your mindset through this. My family does not do zero carb or even low carb. It is hard to have all these sweets and carbs just lying around the house or in my face as well. I love that you did not dwell on eating those 2 cookies. That is always hard for me. I am hard on myself when I mess up.
I did make it through the weekend so I am on day 7 of zero carb and it is getting easier. Oh, yeah and the Brisketā€¦so worth it!! It was delicious!

Iā€™m so glad you are feeling better, Karen.

Great idea, Laurie! I definitely need to do this.

This is interesting. Iā€™ll keep that in mind and definitely make sure my fat intake stays up.

Iā€™ve been eating eggs and sausage everyday for breakfast and cooking steaks for my other meals, besides the brisket day. I am feeling satisfied and my slight headaches have stopped from my caffeine withdrawals Iā€™m assuming. I lost 5 lbs this week. Probably from water weight but still promising and very motivating.

woo hoo that is great. I know when that bloaty leaves the body we all sure feel better physically, that is a nice drop.

yea KP, with the others eating whatever they want, I have dealt with it for years now and darn some days it is still freaking hard. I always say if I was alone and no other food in the house, how easy this would be but some of us truly have to walk the carby land side of it and what zc eating plan we wantā€¦but believe me, we can get thru it!!

you are on plan and rocking it and remember, no matter what we face, eat big zc if ya need it. Any and all big on plan food, stuffed to the gills, is always better than being dragged off plan by eating a little bit of crap that takes us deeper and deeper down faster than we like to admit. I can go ā€˜badā€™ real fastā€¦so I would rather just go ape on zc food and eat and eat before I go in that other direction. I know that direction, it is horrible for me all the time soā€¦

yup, lets chat it out at all times as we manuever thru our journey. But we got one person to rely on the best, ourselves. I learned to ā€˜talk to meā€™ and to ā€˜convinceā€™ me not to go there, somehow that is working very well for me tho :slight_smile: I am lucky it does help me so much!!

Robin has that great shirt that says Carnivore Queenā€¦we are all carnivore queens and we got a few kings here too LOL
Now I want that shirt!

(Sama Hoole) #271

@Fangs Unfortunately not, but Iā€™m not too fussed about the quality of chicken meat, since I donā€™t try it too much to begin with. Just for these sorts of special occassions!

(Laurie) #272

Todayā€™s Meal 1 of 2 meals: 3 Costco salmon patties; tamagoyaki (Japanese rolled egg), about 2 eggsā€™ worth. The tamagoyaki didnā€™t turn out very pretty this time, not sure why.

yea I get that. chicken is a ā€˜fillerā€™ meat for us kinda :slight_smile: I understand that thinking!!

(Laurie) #274

@Fangs Sorry youā€™re having a rough time! Holidays, pah! Iā€™m glad youā€™re figuring it out.

Something to keep in mind for future too: Maybe husband and daughter can go to restaurant without you next time, or you can agree as a family that ā€œcelebrationsā€ wonā€™t involve food.

I donā€™t live with family, and I hardly get invited anywhere. Oh well.

oh I did that for years. If it doesnā€™t suit me I send them and they get irked I DONā€™T go and it isnā€™t me getting irked for them to just go and eatā€¦so not only do ya deal with the bs of it all, you have to deal ā€˜with their feelingsā€™ on it. Most times I just say TOUGH, DEAL! but longer years on plan I can go out and order ā€˜zcā€™ easily and be fine, I scope menu first and if lousey I eat a steak before going and order something small to ā€˜eatā€™ with them. Oh my gosh how I walk around everyone and darn food in my life some times HAHA

You tho work on ā€˜tacticsā€™ for you cause while right now you are in that no celebrations or going out etc cause of pandemic and more with your living arrangements, etcā€¦your life could change in one turn ya knowā€¦so always work on scenarios you might have to deal with. They come at us at all angles as some points in our lives :slight_smile: having that prep and prepared thru any situation on our meals is key for zc peopleā€¦I am one prepared gal for any situations I might face out and about.

(Vic) #276

Iā€™m on a hunger strike, sorry no food pictures today.

(Laurie) #277

@Fangs Donā€™t worry, Iā€™ve lived through every possible scenario as far as social pressures, etc., and have the XXL t-shirts to prove it.

Iā€™m not isolated because of pandemic; I have lots of opportunities to socialize if I want them (there is a cafe downstairs from me), but Iā€™ve become a recluse.

For the first time in my life Iā€™m not thinking of food as entertainment, and I donā€™t want anyone to take that away. When someone does invite me for a meal, I say, ā€œNo thanks, there are too many things I canā€™t eat. Why donā€™t we get together for tea [or some activity] instead?ā€

Iā€™m doing online dating, and so many guys say theyā€™re into gardening, cooking, or fine dining. I avoid those ones! If they donā€™t like my eating habits, I can say, ā€œIf youā€™d met me 6 months ago, you would have thought, ā€˜Why doesnā€™t she do something about her weight?ā€™ Well, I am doing something, and this is it.ā€

(Kellyn ) #278

hunger strike? Why?

(Vic) #279

Want to know how it feels to go a few days without food :wink:

(Kellyn ) #280

I remember feeling this way last year when I was 2-3 months into carnivore. Iā€™m looking forward to getting back to that state. I hope the online dating works out. It is how I met my husband. :blush: