January 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

Day 3 nearing to a close. My husband decided to continue with the fast, so we are still a pair doing this. I didn’t experience any hunger until my husband made supper tonight (for the rest of the household). I don’t know what he made, but it started with bacon. Oh my it smelled good! But I resisted. The one odd thing today was that I was very emotional all day. I’m not generally emotional, so I don’t know what that was all about. Tomorrow is day 4 and I’m promised it will be better, and if it isn’t, I have 2 good lucks to wrap up in and protect myself from the day. :smirk:

Tiny one, 18 hour fast, I didn’t want food but wanted to eat well before ZornFast and decided on two meals. I won’t do that this way in the future.
I started at 20:30pm on Wednesday (it’s already Thursday here).
I am more ready than ever in the last few decades and very full (it wasn’t my plan but sometimes hunger suddenly becomes this, it seems). I didn’t eat extremely much but it feels different on carnivore.

We will see! I can’t imagine I won’t do my longest fast since decades (that 43 hour fast a year ago isn’t hard to beat in a determined state, with a nourished body). And maybe it will give me momentum and I will do some cute, 48-72 hour fasts now and then as I wished for a while already. I broke my excessive attachment to lunch, that helps too.

(Mame) #143

I am at 25 hours and wow is my stomach making tons of noise. :laughing:

Took my measurements a couple of hours ago:
bg=81 bk=3.8 gki=1.18

Feeling fine (but bloated again so odd but not sick) and getting ready for bed.

See you all tomorrow!

(Jane) #144

Probably. We will plan it to support each other for health and autophagy. Won’t be a big deal once I am home full time. We will likely look forward to the break from “what’s for lunch/dinner?” :laughing:

(Susan) #145

That is great =). I just thought of asking you that because of you mentioning on the other thread that atm you both fast when you are away. It totally makes sense to do together afterwards still though =).

(Jane) #146

Ok, so I took some blood readings at around 44 hours before I broke my fast tonight. No issues breaking this time but shorter than normal.

BG: 77
BK: 4.9
GKI: 0.87
Boz: 16

Not bad for 48 hours fasted. Hopefully I got some good autophagy going on this short fast.

(Susan) #147

Congrats, Janie, that is great =).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #148

Nice numbers!

(Mame) #149

fab! especially for only 48h

I am at 37 hours and feeling ok except for the bloating…My gut feels like it’s processing a turkey dinner in there! Hopefully I will not get a repeat of Monday eve especially as I am booked until 9pm or so tonight. Then it’s a 4 day weekend and I can break whenever and be home as needed.

Measurements: bg=73, bk=4.1, gki=0.92
Also ‘they’ are still saying a foot+ of snow this weekend so I may be spending lots of time hanging out at home. Happy Thursday all.

(Doug) #150

Stepped off after 3 days. I was walking across that peaceful slate blue gray plain; conveyed around meals in the silence of no wind. Off to the side, the world passed rapidly. Time can be motion in the perfect direction.

It will be easy to step back on.

(Mame) #151

It’s awesome when things are easy! Hope the trousers are now roomy! :rofl: that’s guy’s trousers…

I am at 44 hours and all is good (except for the bloat)
took evening measurements a bit early since I will be at a concert later.

bg=73, bk=4, gki=1.01

Feeding sometime tomorrow… if I ever get rid of the bloats and feel like eating again.

(Susan) #152

Congrats @OldDoug and @cervyn --I hope that the bloating goes away and that you can enjoy your concert tonight.

I have been Fasting since Tuesday night at 5pm (so 48 hours atm) it is going very easily because I am really sick so certainly don’t feel like eating.

Day 4, I did as well as I have been, no hunger, but still that sadness hanging around. My poor husband woke up from his afternoon nap, wandered into the kitchen, opened the frig, then woke up, thought what am I doing here? He wandered back, said he followed his stomach to the kitchen, but didn’t eat. But when he went to start supper, he came by with a snack in his hand, said, “I’m done, the hunger won. And I’m having supper too, do you want some?” OK, pause current story… Back when I said I never did a longer fast than the weekend was because I didn’t want to miss his hamburgers. I like hamburgers. Actually I just like ground beef in whatever form he makes it… So back to the current story. I asked, “What are you making?” “Hamburgers,” was the reply… Of course, so yeah, I caved as well. But almost 4 days is a day longer than my longest fast so far. And I lost 5 pounds and dear husband lost 4. So, hopefully, we both broke our stalls. Not bad, all in all, I guess.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #154

Good job on your fast!

Don’t forget to use the blur spoiler (in the great icon) to blur out food words.

Sorry, I forgot this time. I’ve edited to fix.

(KCKO, KCFO) #156

Sounds like you are doing great @gesine. 4 days is a great fasting period.

KCFO everyone.

(Mame) #157

It was a beautiful concert. I hope you (and the rest of your family) all return to health soon!

Well I am at 61 hours and I took my measurements:
bg=60, bk=4.9, gki=0.68

I am feeling better but still a bit bloated so not feeling hungry at all yet. I assume I will be eating at some time today but it’s a bit up in the air right now. I have the day off (4 day weekend!) so I can cook/eat at any time really so I am not fussed about it.

I hope everyone has a fabulous fasting Friday!
…and if you aren’t fasting I hope it is still fabulous!

Thanks @collaroygal. I can’t say I’m not disappointed that I didn’t go the whole week; but yeah, 4 days isn’t too bad. :neutral_face:

(KCKO, KCFO) #159

Here is an interesting new video of Dr. Fung on what breaks a fast.

https://tinyurl.com/wp3459x

(Mark Nelson) #160

Note accidentally posted this in another thread so if you saw it there yes I am re-posting it after deleting it from that thread

So I unintentionally ended up on a fast, currently at 38 hours.
I was up at a partners hours in Vancouver on Wednesday and I had made some steaks for dinner fully intending to take them to work yesterday but at 6:15am and a 47 mile drive, I forgot and left them at their place.
They were going to a play in Portland last night so they brought the food with them to hand off to me at 7. I ended up going to some new friends house and didn’t get home until 11:30pm and by that time all I’d had was water and some pinches of salt.

Went to bed, woke up at 6 and while I’m slightly hungry, it’s not bad.

I’m a bit wobbly right now, feeling a bit “outside” of self. I’ve taken two pinches of salt under the tongue and in addition to black coffee I’ve had 33 oz of water.

I’m contemplating breaking this in a few hours as I have a date at 4 today.

Thoughts on breaking it or pushing through?