January 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

Wow, that’s serious, good luck!

I got hungry at 24 hours, no real need for fuel per se but it was annoying and as stubborn as my hunger always is so I ate my carnivore meal, I will do ZornFast anyway in a few days so I rather don’t use up all my determination quota too early :smiley: I used my fasting muscles a bit, 24 hours might be normal for me but not eating until 8pm is extremely rare and typically involves more or less hunger towards the end unlike my normal 24-26 hour fasts.
I feel very well now.

Day 1 was fine, no issues. I was thinking about participating in Zorn Fast this month, but I’m married to the Grand Champion of Spontaneity. After 47 years I’m used to it and have gotten pretty good at going with the flow. Maybe I’ll try a Zorn Fast next month.

Thanks for the luck @ctviggen and @Shinita! I’m saving it until the 4th or 5th day. That will be new territory and I will wrap up in your luck to get me through the new experiences. Onward.

(Susan) #123

I wish you and your husband much success in doing the 7 days =). I think with you both doing it, that should work out great. You can work it in with the Zornfast too btw (as it technically starts on Thursday onwards). I am not saying you have to at all, just mentioning that your fasting is running at the same time, so you can be doing both is all =).

I do the IDM protocol (3 -44 hours fasts once a week), so since I am fasting Wednesday and Friday already, I am just going to include Thursday and do a Wednesday 5pm-Saturday at 5pm this time for 72 hours.

(Jane) #124

Joining you guys for a 48-hr fast starting tonight. I’ll break at dinner with my boss Wednesday night.

I have a funeral to go to Wednesday afternoon. I feel bad I didn’t know before I left or I would have packed nicer shoes and slacks. As it is, I’ll be attending in jeans and tennis shoes unless I go shopping tomorrow because that was all I brought this trip.

It will be kinda like a reunion. I’ve worked at that plant since 1987, so 32 years and there will be folks there I haven’t seen in a long time.

(Doug) #125

So there’s this guy who had a nice long break from work over the holidays - exactly one month, to the day. This morning, after having not had work pants on for that month, he could not button them up, no matter how hard he tried. :neutral_face:

Thus began a fast. ~8 hours later, I could at least get the damn thing buttoned-up. It’s good to be fasting again.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #126

As far as ZornFast goes… You don’t have to abstain from food. If you are new to fasting you can do an IF (intermittent fast) for it. I personally just do 72hrs.

Anyway you do it is great!
Great fasting job to everyone!

(Mame) #127

Happy Tuesday all.

I took my measurements at 48 hours yesterday bg=66, bk=4, gki=0.91 but I was not feeling ‘right’. I wasn’t hungry (very bloated though) and I had no mental focus. which I find makes working difficult. :crazy_face:

So I broke my fast at 50 hours with a fatty meal and now I am back to it. I am going to pay strict attention to my body but I am hoping to get another 48h or so in … or I may be in recovery mode today and slide the fast out until Thursday evening.

It’s all good. Really hearing my body and self care are very high priorities for me so I will combine them both with my fasting. :grinning:
I am at 13 hours now and slipping my black coffee. kcfo!

(Jane) #128

16 hours in and ok so far, but not even my usual time to eat yet so it really doesn’t count LOL.

BG: 94
BK: 2.4
GKI: 2.2
Boz: 39

Sipping my black coffee and kcfo’ing.

(Jane) #129

Glad you listened to your body instead of an arbitrary goal.
:+1:

(KCKO, KCFO) #130

Gee, wonder who that guy could be??? :joy:

Obviously you need to spend more time on the forums and less time eating.

All best on the fasting. Glad to see you posting here again.

(Bob M) #131

I can tell you that it normally gets better on the 4th and 5th day. In fact, you might feel so good, you might wonder why you have done this way more often. :wink:

Though my wife and I fasted 5 days and were planning 5.5 days (until the morning of the next day). We went to an event with the kids that was canceled. We came back early, so decided to have salad with all the fixin’s, meaning meat, cheese, etc. We both thought that was the best salad ever.

Day 2 is just about over; and for me, another uneventful day. I hardly ever get hungry, either on keto or fasting. So I’m good so far. My husband, though, just said that he didn’t think fasting was agreeing with him as he was hungry and tired. So I told him the second day was always the worst, and it gets better from here. I don’t know if he believed me, but now he is taking a nap to cure the tired part. I must say I feel much less confident going on without him, if he decides to end his fast. I have enjoyed the comradery of doing this together.

20 hours, it’s fine for me now, I haven’t waited for a strong or annoying hunger this time, I didn’t plan a longer fast but I wasn’t quite satiated at that point and I skipped lunch again! It’s a big thing, I practice this usually too hard part for ZornFast (and several other fasts in the future)!
OMAD suits me very well right now. Carnivore makes me more disciplined(?) and satiated, it’s good for short fasts.

Good luck for everyone especially the ones who do multiple days!

(Jane) #134

23 hours in and a bit of mild hunger but nothing I can’t ignore.

BG: 79
BK: 3.8
GKI: 1.2
Boz: 21

Everyone is doing great!

KCFO

(Justin Jordan) #135

Medium grumble:

Since I ended up breaking a half an hour early on Sunday, and social stuff is eating up the rest of the week, this is ending up a non fasting week.

Now, I know that’s deceptive and just because of how I tend to count days - Sunday to Saturday, Midnight to a Midnight - and I’ll have at least two twenty four hours plus fasts this week.

But still, faintly annoys me.

(Mame) #136

looking lovely!

I started another fast last night 8pm. My numbers before the fast kickoff, yesterday TRE 19h were still good: BG=71, BK=3.3, GKI=1.2 I am really pleased to see my numbers there even though I had eaten the night before.

I will take my blood measures today after work and post. The suspense! What will they be?

Anyway due to life scheduling I am hoping for 60 hours, I am not in the office on Friday so it’s safe to break the fast during the day.

Wishing all a wonderful Wednesday!

(Jane) #137

40 hours in and feeling better this morning. Lovely empty feeling with no hunger. I was cold last night and hungrier than usual so I cranked up the heat in my hotel room and sipped some salted back coffee and made it to sleep ok.

(Susan) #138

Congrats everyone on their progress so far. I just started a Fast last night, going from 5pm last night until Saturday sometime.

(Jane) #139

Good luck!

(Susan) #140

Thanks Janie. When you are retired, will you just do Fasting with your hubby, at the same time? Since you now do it mostly when you are on your business trips?