January 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Patricia) #41

One day at a time. One foot in front of the other. Just keep going is my motto - and be hopeful that we are working with our bodies to heal!

(Jane) #42

Lunch with the boss tomorrow has been cancelled so I may extend my fast beyond my intended 42 hours. Iā€™ll see how I feel.

(Mame) #43

Good to see that less than 100 BG in the morning. You are doing so great!!

I am at about 20 hours still planning on 72. Saw my doctor this morning who cheerfully ordered me an insulin test as well as other bloodwork. So that should be interesting. My PCP has known for years that I do LC/keto so nothing to discuss there. She would never argue with success. However this will be my first blood tests since I lost the most recent 56+ pounds so it will be interesting to see those resultsā€¦ I was at about 17 hours fasted when they drew blood and I had eaten normal keto meals for the 2 days previous.

I hope that works out for you, I could use a buddy this week. No pressure though (of course)

(Jane) #44

:grin:

Iā€™m in with you - I need to take advantage of when I donā€™t have work commitments to get some fasting in. Iā€™ll break by Thursday evening at dinner at the lastest so I can refeed before traveling home on Friday.

I didnā€™t bring my KetoMojo since I thought I was doing such a short fast, so no numbers to post like I usually do.

Got a bit hungry after noon-ish lunch time but fading away now. I usually get another wave around dinner time that also usually fades by bedtime. If I can make it to sleep at the end of Day 1 then the rest is pretty easy because when I wake up my hunger is pretty minimal.

(Mame) #45

Yay! excellent! thatā€™s my plan as well because if not I will be breaking in the middle of the work day on Fridayā€¦on a day I am in the officeā€¦which is probably more of a risk than I am willing to take!

I am doing well on the hunger front for now but I have a headacheā€¦ Once I am home it will be pickle juice time. I will also prick my finger and share numbers just because they are fun.

You know itā€™s been so many weeks since I have done a 3 day that I donā€™t even remember how they go - Rather funny really.

(Jane) #46

I enjoy the blood numbers too and sorry I left my tester at home. Looking forward to seeing your numbers, though.

My dinner hunger wave just peaked and is waning now. Got some salted black coffee to sip on.

24 hours in and love the LIFE app that shows I am in autophagy now. I know itā€™s just a guess but I still get psyched seeing the little icon pop up. Yes, I am easily entertained LOL.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #47

Iā€™m thinking Iā€™m going to fast until Thursday dinner.
I expect to start my new anti-cancer meds then, and figure that because of all the delays Iā€™ll do a 72-hourish fast to kick off some autophagy and get those cancer cells in line to be eliminated! Also, I figure that since Iā€™ll have been off chemo or meds since 12/16 (that was my last dose of chemo) some fasting will be helpful.

Right now Iā€™m about 21.5 hours into my fast.
My CGM is giving a reading of 73. Iā€™m planning to do fingerstick tests later on, around the 26 hour mark (due to scheduling).

(Justin Jordan) #48

Another successful day. I am not aiming to eat until tomorrow sometime, but Iā€™m cruising along fine for the rest of the day.

I have to say, I still donā€™t LIKE doing ADF type stuff. I mean, itā€™s fine. I donā€™t actually like doing leg work, exercisewise, and Iā€™ve been doing that for years. But I like eating, so while the ADFā€™s arenā€™t physically difficult, I would still rather, you know, have food.

That said, Iā€™m powering through. I head out for a vacation on Feb 17 so my aim is to keep up the schedule until then. It does seem to markedly help my blood sugar control and Iā€™m losing weight, which is good.

But I kind of look at it like Megan Ramos did when she started, which is as treatment I have to do rather than something I (usually) look forward to.

(Mame) #49

27 hours in for me and no longer feeling queasy so I am happy about that.
I use the myfast app, I didnā€™t like something about the LIFE app although I donā€™t remember what all these months later. lol

pricked my finger, bg=72, bk=3.6, gki=1.11 easy entertaining while fasting is the best!

excellent! looking forward to your numbers as well. Love numbers.

too bad we canā€™t all meet up for Thursday dinner and break fast together! Maybe virtually and we can report in the what did you keto today thread?

makes sense to me. I do think of fasting like medication for hyperinsulinemia, I do also love the empty light feeling though. I should be enjoying that tomorrow.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #50

How are you getting such great numbers at only 27hrs in? I wish I could do that

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #51

26 hours
BG: 73, BK: 1.1

I should see better numbers in about 10 hours

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #52

Just cheerleading all the fasters here. And @cervyn you are an impressive GKI faster. :man_dancing::balloon:

Iā€™m going to just do an OMAD tomorrow. Will travel next week with the youngest back to college and will just be IF. I hope to do a 3 day fast the week after.

(Patricia) #53

In an hour, Iā€™ll be 50% done with my 5 day fastā€¦ at 60 hours. (But whoā€™s counting?) Not sure Iā€™m seeing the same reduction in pain results that I saw with last monthā€™s 5 day, but Iā€™ll reserve judgement for a while. And according to the research, some of the new cell creation results come after the end of the fastā€¦ Fingers crossed.

You are all impressive fasters. Iā€™m only measuring ketones with a pee stick (how retro, eh?) even though Iā€™ve had my eye on a KetoMojo for months now. Is that what most of you use?

Hurrah for everyone on this thread. Iā€™m encouraged to know youā€™re out there!

(Jane) #54

I love the empty feeling also and have it this morning at 38 hours. So glad I wonā€™t have to break at lunch today!

Your numbers are great @cervyn!

I already know what I am breaking with Thursday evening. Leftover beef fajitas and a bit of leftover queso. Maybe a few spoonfuls of full fat cottage cheese. And HWC and butter in my coffee!!!

(Mame) #55

Good morning all! I am at 40 hours or so. The forum warns me that perhaps I am posting too much in this topic and not giving others time to ā€˜talkā€™ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Do let me know, wonā€™t you all? lol

I will be honest ā€“ I have no idea. My body seems to produce ketones easily. You would think the pounds would be dropping off. I still have a 40 or so to lose!
I will take my numbers this evening after work.

Yes that is what I use. and I always count my fasting hoursā€¦ if I am going to do it I want to pay attention to my effort! And I still look forward to them being over.
As I am doing the clark protocol I have a 5 day fast planned in a week or soā€¦

Ah, enjoying that feeling over here as well. Hopefully work will be good and distracting in a positive way all day today.

LOL, I think about this too. I am becoming less and less food/eating focused but I am also a planner. I will probably break with either smoked salmon chowder and/or cauliflower cheese with ham and always fermented veggies. All depends on the leftover situation tomorrow. Of course there are always eggs and bacon in a pinch.

Wishing all a wonderful Wednesday! we can do it! kcfo!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #56

Iā€™m about 36 hours in.

My CGM is telling me my glucose is 73. By fingerstick its 69, with a BK of 1.5. This is a bit lower than what I normally see, but, then again I took those readings just a few minutes after getting moving. About 10 minutes before getting out of bed my CGM was registering 50! Iā€™ll probably check around 40 hours to see how things are looking.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #57

45 Hours in and getting some varied readingsā€¦:astonished:

Fingerstick via device 1: 44 (CGM)
Fingerstick via device 2: 58 (PrecisionXtra)
CGM reading: 58
Ketones: 2.2
GKI: 0.24 (device 1) OR 1.46 (device 2)

(Jane) #58

50 hours in and trucking along. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll have any issues making it to 72 hours tomorrow at dinner.

Next week I will be back in Houston and have a dinner on Mon and Wed to go to and was thinking I couldnā€™t fast since I normally fast for 72 hours when I do. Then it dawned on me that it would be 48 hours between dinners and thatā€™s still a decent fast! Normal people would faint at the idea! :laughing:

(Mame) #59

Either way you slice it those are some nice readings!

I measured at 50 hours and well, wow
bg=69, bk=6.1, gki= 0.628

:flushed: so wow.

I am glad to see these numbers (for encouragement) because I am so ready to be done with this fast. Still just another 21 hours to go and I will make it and itā€™s all good!

absolutely! I will be going Saturday eve until Wednesday eve next week so we will have some overlap!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #60

50 hours in.
BG: 59
BK: 2.2
GKI: 1.49