January 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Patricia) #61

I’m 83 hours into my 5-day. That’s the only number I have cuz I don’t have a Ketomojo yet (looked at it again yesterday online). Light-headed this morning so drank a big glass of water and am about to have a salted black coffee. I haven’t had that before, usually just salt in water or just licked off my palm, but I read someone else having that and thought it would be interesting to try. KCFO, friends.

(Jane) #62

63 hours here and looking forward to breaking my fast tonight - “only 9 hours” left. I feel good and could go longer - just need to break the night before my travel day home.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #63

I’m about 60 hours in.
CGM: 60 (it was about 45 10 minutes before)
BG: 56
BK: 3.9
GKI: 0.80

I was feeling bad last night. I think I may have had to much salt in my KetoAide, and then drank too much of it at once. I puked and then feel better. Also had a mild headache and had a hard time falling asleep, and felt cold.

Doing well this morning, and looking forward to finishing up this fast.

(Mame) #64

I hope today goes way better!

good on you!!

I am about 65 hours. Feeling energized yet spacey. I do find fasting the opposite of grounding. Now meat is grounding for me. I wonder if I will ever have the fasting euphoria that others speak of – hasn’t happened yet. I don’t really like this floaty feeling much, although the lightness digestion-wise is super awesome.

Took morning numbers for the heck of it at about 730am
BG=59, BK=4.9, GKI= 0.66
I will remeasure this evening before break fast.

Shoot, just realized I forgot to pack my salt for the day. Ah well it will be the crappy iodized stuff if there is need.
Looking forward to ending this tonight! at 72 hours (or a bit more, just depends on my commute) Although I have 9 more days (not in a row) fasting planned for this month. I am trying to not to think about that part. :wink: I am also trying not to dwell on future eating tonight, at least not until my drive home!

(Patricia) #65

Glad you feel better this morning, @KetoCancerMom

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #66

65 hours in.
BG: 57
BK: 4.9
GKI: 0.65

I’m feeling good. Planning on breaking tonight at supper (72-hoursish)

(John) #67

I skipped my Fasting Friday last week - wasn’t feeling particularly good and didn’t want to press it.

This week I am feeling all right and thinking about starting it early (today) - I am about 7 hours fasted currently (since breakfast today) and if my growling tummy will settle down a bit, I may power through and do my usual Friday, which would take me to Saturday morning and make it a 48.

(Jane) #68

70 hours and almost done. I’m glad i am relatively busy at work because I tend to be a clock-watcher the last two hours LOL.

(Mame) #69

I had to really turn on the distraction the last 2 hours for sure!!

So I made it and I hope that it also went well for @Janie and @KetoCancerMom as we were all breaking at the same time! Whoo, hoo we did it!!

I took blood measurements before break fast, bg=68, bk=4.9, gki=0.77

I broke big smoked salmon chowder, ham and cauli-cheese, fried paneer, 100%choc, macadamias, seaweed snacks… big meal. Tummy a little grumbly about the volume. I was getting very crabby at the end and it may have in part been the fasting…or I was repressing stuff from work and it just came out sideways! oh well.

Next fast for me on the clark protocol starts saturday evening and goes at least 96 hours! whew.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #70

I’ve actually got 3 or so hours to go!

(Jane) #71

Ugh. I broke but I really hate the heavy, almost painful feeling after my first meal. And I kept it modest. Ate leftovers in my hotel room and not going anywhere so any issues I can deal with.

Good luck on the 96 hours!!! The longest I’ve ever done was something like 92 and I only did it once.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #72

Nice ratios!

My numbers have been a bit higher today, for the last 24 hours or so. I’m wondering if it has anything to do with NOT having green tea while fasting. I’ve only got a few hours to go, so I’m going to just stick to water for now (don’t want to mess with too many things).

(Mame) #73

yes, i don’t like the heavy body feeling …but my mind is so smug that I have finally eaten.
hunger/bodies/heads are all so weird!

my longest was 9 days so I know I can do 96. But of course my lizard brain would not much rather not… sooo much effort it says. :lizard:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #74

Broke my fast, about 71 ½ hours.
CGM: 58
BG: 64
BK: 4.4
GKI: 0.8

(Jane) #75

All good now. Stomach ache from (I guess) restarting digestion is over so now I can sleep. No refeeding issues - yet. hehe

(Jane) #76

You can do it!!

I will be here to cheer you on after Monday night.

(Jane) #77

Sure glad I broke tonight in my hotel room. I didn’t have the usual suspects but had the effects. No rhyme or reason so always break before I travel to be safe and not sorry.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #78

No negative effects for me from breaking my fast with a good, hearty meal.
However, my glucose is higher than I’d like. I do know that it tends to go up higher if I start low (50s). I think this time, however, its more attributed to the Piqray, but I’m not entirely sure. I’ll have to keep tracking it (over a day or two, with normal eating patterns).

Time Glucose
0 64
30m 62
1hr 65
1hr15m 65
2hr 80
3hr 101
3.5hr 91

(John) #79

Fasting this time seems tougher than more recent attempts. I am about 23 hours in, and have had to rely on small amounts of supplemental fat (teaspoon of coconut oil, very small pieces of cocoa butter). Usually I just zip along with nothing but black coffee and various flavors of tea.

I sometimes get a particular feeling towards the end of a 40+ hour fast which is usually my signal to stop. It’s hard to describe per se, but is kind of a combination of impatience, mild irritability, and nervous energy like I need to be DOING something, yet there is nothing in particular I really want to do.

I was having that feeling last night, really only about 12 hours fasted by then, so not quite sure why.

I am going to try to continue on today, because I think this is something I need to explore rather than immediately give up. I really do find the psychological / neurological aspects of fasting to be very interesting, and as long as I can function normally, it’s worth being the researcher in the n=1 experiment where I am also the subject.

Ideally I’d like to get back to a once a week 36-ish hour fast, which was working quite well for me for several months. From a pure convenience perspective, I would love it if I could do true ADF for like 3 days a week, and just not have to worry about food on those days, as long as my energy, mood, and ability to exercise were not impacted.

(Patricia) #80

The words of a wise (and experienced) woman!

It IS interesting for us to try to figure out what works and why - but often the variables are so many that we also just have to listen to our bodies. Some days, I think we can “fold” with honor, and try again another time.

I’m just over 108 hours of my aim of 120, but thinking about folding myself a little earlier than that. Otherwise, the official end would be at 8 p.m. and I’d kind of like to break the fast way before bedtime. Just going hour by hour here today and I’ll listen to my own advice and try to hear what my body wants to do. Since I’m doing this for healing (autophagy and then new cell production) I’m imagining the dysfunctional cells being eaten up by a Pac-man-like character running through my body. Just something to keep my mind amused!