January 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Mame) #213

Happy fasting Friday all!

I am at 38 hours and will most likely break fast sometime later today… after work at about 44 hours or so… I will take my measurements when I am back at home.

Wishing all a lovely day, kcfo!

(KCKO, KCFO) #214

Cory, glad keto works so well for you. And it is great you figured out what was going on. To just read the contents of the meal it sounds harmless, but you found out it wasn’t. Once your electrolytes are back in balance you should be good again.

Do you use ketoaide? It can help with those side effects. It is good to travel with a container of it because of what you experienced.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #215

36 hours in, going for 48 (46ish)…

BG: 89
CGM: 90
BK: 0.9 (not bad, would like it higher)

(Mame) #216

Finished up the fast at 43 hours.
Measurements before food: bg=72, bk=2.8, gki=1.427

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! I am thinking OMAD…

(ks) #217

Two hours from breaking my 5 day (120 hour) fast. Didn’t measure my bg but my bk was 4.1 on Precision Xtra and 3.6 on KetoMojo. First time Mojo read lower. Can’t decide which one to keep. Dropped 10.2 pounds during the fast. Hopefully I don’t put too much back on.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #218

I’m at about 42 hours, still around 6 to go.
BG: 73
CGM: 79
BK: 1.6 (not bad, but could be a bit better)

I know that fasting will drop my insulin levels (hence the better ketones) but I wish it was easier to test at home. I don’t want to have to go to a lab each time. Maybe I’ll ask for some additional insulin tests for the next time I’m fasting, and check it at some determined intervals. Not sure how “successful” this fast is, autophagy-wise. I could probably drop my glucose even lower if I went another 24 hours, but I’m going to keep this one at 48.

(Jane) #219

Congrats! Excellent numbers, too

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #220

Broke fast at 48hrs.
BG: 63
CGM: 63
BK: 1.7

(KCKO, KCFO) #221

I did a 40 hr. fast then ate a feast yesterday, feeling like another 36 hr. fast might be a good thing to do. It is sunny and warmer here today so fasting should be easier too. Getting out and about always helps me stay on track. I had reached my scream weight and the fasting got me back to my happy place, will try to go a tad bit lower with the follow up fasting.

Hope everyone else has been successful this week.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #222

Today was good, about 25 hours for my IF.
BG: 66
Cgm: 68
BK: 0.8

These numbers are much better, compared to even a week ago!

(Deborah) #223

started fat fast at 12 today Monday. will go till 6 PM Tuesday

(Susan) #224

I forget that OMAD is IF. It feels so easy and natural I don’t realize I am fasting. I have had a couple 48 hr fasts in the last week. Impromptu ones. Feeling great.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #225

I did OMAD today and it was easy once I reminded myself that is is 98% mental. My fasting has been spotty the last 6+ weeks. But I have had a couple of OMAD days. I’m going to do a few more this week.

Fast on.

(CORY SILVA) #226

I don’t use ketoaide. However I walk around with a yeti with red sea salt ( 1tlbs ) and fresh lemon.

(John) #227

After taking a break from it last week, I am back to my weekly Fasting Friday routine. I made sure to eat well but not excessively yesterday, got a good night’s sleep last night and ready to go.

My last January fast, so I guess I’ll see you folks in next month’t thread.

(KCKO, KCFO) #228

I’m doing a Fasting Friday today as well.

(Mame) #229

I would like to attempt a really regular ADF fasting schedule in February…

See you all in that thread!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #230

@CarbFree

How did your Fat Fast go?

(KCKO, KCFO) #231

Please continue on the new monthly thread

(Deborah) #232

I think fat fasting is going good. I’ve slipped it into my ADF and it is helping a lot. One day I did go 24 hours with no fat. So I will do that whenever I can.