JANUARY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #202

If you feel great don’t worry about it. If you feel unwell then it’s time to break the fast.

Could just be your immune system going about it’s business - fighting something off.

(Allie) #203

OK well that’s me now back to fasting until at least Thursday. Crazy thing is, I didn’t even feel hungry and could’ve easily kept on fasting but it was the BF’s birthday…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #204

Might be, Usually they are super amazing food sensitivity indicators, but yeah might just be my body working overtime to keep me on my feet.

40h. fingertips starting to get cold, the peak of my fasting high ist trough for the moment, not hungry at all though and still feeling good.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #205

When a pinch of salt and a few sips of water make you feel as if you overate massively :roll_eyes:

does anybody else know the feeling?

Just coming up on 43 hrs. and feeling fine. - Presently at work, pulling a 12 hr. snow shift, (15 hrs. with driving) but the precipitation has been pushed to later, so won’t be starting until a couple hours before the shifts over. Pretty sure we will be back at it tomorrow. Especially with the temps they’re calling for.

(Jane) #207

Joining you guys after dinner tonight for a short 36-hr fast since I am back home with my husband this week. So glad my meetings in Chicago for postponed until next week!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #208

Just past 52h. around hour 46 or so I had a sudden hit of dizzyniess and wasnt seeing straigt.
salt did not help so I had [spoiler]1tbst of coconut oil.[/spoiler] was enough to get me back on track, through my workout and now home being non stop productive.

When I do extended fasts it really gets me in a “purging mode” I am working on living a more minimalistic life so having nothing to do during “cooking and meal time” combined with all the happy hormones I get from freeing myself of stuff is just sooo awesome.

Enjoying my tea, going to bed now. Lets see how tomorrow goes.

(Allie) #209

I am too, well that’s the plan, but so far I seem to be just collecting boxes with the intention of filling them with stuff to give away. I’ve got a day off work today with no plans though so (apart from the day to day routine stuff anyway) so I will make a start, thanks for the reminder :blush:

You’re doing great @Hardrock_keto_chick :grinning:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #210

I did that a year ago wen fasting 5 days back to back was super easy.
Then life got in the way, and I kept getting stuck in old patterns…
Just had to get my mind to a more realistic place ‘nope I probably won’t ever get to fix that’ and let go…

Thanks so much @Shortstuff. Seems shaving of one part of my hair revealed a completely different person inside. :joy::joy:

61h came and went. I was planing on breaking this morning after being rather hungry yesterday in bed. But I was too busy and not all that hungry anymore… So I will definitely hit my 72h goal.
Let’s see if I can get to 100 :muscle:

(Allie) #211

I’ve just gone platinum blonde so who knows what will happen in that case :joy:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #212

Love it! It genuinely improves the flow of energy in my home. (sorry - woowoo)

(Jane) #213

10 hrs in so just getting started. Sipping on my blacked salted coffee this morning getting ready for my first online meeting in a few minutes.

I’ve just decided to start another Fast 48…a dirty one this time. I’m not quite 10 hours in.

I won’t eat again 'til next month.

(I love saying that)

Presently at 63.5 hrs. and feeling fine, so not sure when I’ll break? - Not even sure if we will be working an extended shift today or not? Watching the weather presently and playing it by ear. Mostly the fidget temps they’re worried about. :cold_face:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #216

Just past 70h here. feeling fine too. Just going to do some threadmill tonight and enjoy drawing in peace knowing that my now ex roomate will be gone.

i entered 100h as goal just now, and it showed me that is actually just until 10 pm tomorrow. Since i don’t like to break it at night it will probably end up being 108h… I can do it :smiley:

My Gut is being really nice this time around too… really happy with things.

Um, do tell…? :slight_smile: You are saying that you do artwork? :slight_smile: … If so, I too find artwork very relaxing and peaceful. :slight_smile:

Yes Ma’am, you can. :slight_smile: - I usually keep mine set to 120 hrs. by default, but I don’t hold myself to it each time. (I actually like to just stop at different times to keep things mixed up and not scheduled) I also just keep it set there since it’s pretty much my self-imposed limit for Fasting since I started. :slight_smile:

(Bob M) #218

If I fast multiple days, I get into the low 60s during the day and lower at night.

When Dr. Limansky (The keto-hacking MD podcast) and his wife did 1 week of fasting (with Jimmy Moore), they were wearing FreeStyle Libre continuous glucose monitors, which read “Lo” because their blood sugar got into the 30s (had to use pin-prick monitors). Your ketones will go way up to compensate. (By the way, doesn’t this mean your body doesn’t need higher blood sugar?)

Anyway, if you feel fine, there’s no reason to panic.

(Allie) #219

Yes she does, and it’s rather good I think :grinning:

(Heather) #220

15 hours in to 118. I feel so much better fasting than eating. It seems to be getting a little harder, as my reserves are less. I’m about 20 lbs away from maintenance.

Cool. :+1: … Don’t recall seeing mention of it before, but would love to see some of her works. :slight_smile: