January 2017 Zornfast

(Adam L) #101

Woke up day two 36 hrs in which is my longest extended fast, blood ketones 3.3, blood sugar 4.2 (76). Feeling great, two very strong coffees yesterday & coincidentally unusually high blood pressure in the afternoon which had normalised by this morning. Just water & mineral water today, 41 hrs down now. Oh, today hit lowest scale weight in almost 20 years btw thanks to less than 6 months of LCHF then KETO & IF, now 3 weeks of ZC, dairy free January & OMAD. Years of frustration & despair wondering when all the things I was doing so enthusiastically would work to fix my T2D & weight are fading away. I am 4kg (9lb) away from 100kg (220lb) and while weight has been secondary for me, behind T2D, it sure is nice to be that much closer to being under triple digits in kgā€™s.

(chris.coote) #102

Hunger wave 2 hitting at the 25 hr markā€¦ Hoping to fall asleep and skip it :stuck_out_tongue:

Glucose (or glycogen?) molecules hang on to water molecules. Once all the glucose is gone all that extra water isnā€™t needed, hence the big water weight loss early on.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #104

Yep. Didnā€™t I say that with my something something science comment? Lol!

Broke my fast a few hours early, so went for 53.5 hours. My dog woke me up at 3am and I havenā€™t been able to get back to sleep. I got sick of waiting to eat! Looking forward to the next Zornfast!

Yes. Yes you did. Hahaha!

(Joel Abdul) #107

Dang, thought I could get out of dinner tonight. Looks like Iā€™ll be killing my fast at the 71 hour mark. :disappointed_relieved:

ā€¦Well, thanks everyone for the motivation. I love reading everyoneā€™s posts. Iā€™m definitely in for next months fast. :blush:

(John Spanos) #108

Woke up this morning with a head cold. Decided to break my fast at hour 57. Will go again next month or sooner. Never did get hungry and generally feel good, other than I canā€™t hear out of one ear!

(Gaby Abed) #109

Failed this Zornfast. Next time will make sure I keep away from exercising hard. Next one. :frowning:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #110

I broke my fast last night as well. Anxiety normally does not get the best of me, but last night it most certainly did. My heart just wasnā€™t in it. I have a plan though, I plan to fast again whenever I feel motivated, which may be just a few days from now. @tdseest is an inspiration to me for this, as he uses the strategy all the time.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #111

43 hours is a nice healthy fast for me. I normally shoot for 68 to 72 :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #112

Nearly two days. I am happy with it.

Iā€™m new to the forums and podcast. Iā€™ve been trying to get the year started with a fast and just happened on this. I started a day late, but Iā€™m planning on fasting 3 or more days depending on how i feel. Iā€™m planning on this being the kickstart to me getting back on the keto train.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #114

@TravellingBeard
Any amount of time is good. I wouldnā€™t look at it as a fail!

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #115

Iā€™ll be breaking my fast today after I cook. I donā€™t feel like fasting. LOL when I get in Iā€™ll check my bg and proceed to cook something. I think it was too soon after the 21 day fast in top of doing ZC and Iā€™m just not feeling it for a full 3 days. I would like not to feel so restricted right now after being restricted since pretty much the middle of December. Plus my appetite is starting to come back more.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #116

And my mood sucks big timeā€¦ thatā€™s not a good look for me.

(brian) #117

It was great to follow along and know others were fasting, thanks for the inspiration. About 64 hours in and going to stop in another 4 hours for date night :smiley:. Canā€™t resist the cheese plate and charcuterie platter where weā€™re headed. Planning to do this again next month.

(Stephanie Hanson) #118

No failures. Just n=1.

Iā€™m on day 5. No current plans to break the fast. Although, the weekends are the hardest time to fast.

(Stephanie Hanson) #120

Youā€™re awesome. I stopped at 264 hrs. 4 hrs short of 7 full days. I had very strong cravings. In retrospect I realize I was sodium depleted. My refeed was all super salty food. Iā€™m 38 hrs into Zorn Fast and making sure Iā€™m drinking pickle juice regularly.