JAN 2022 - Monthly Group Fast (Jan. 19-22)

(Tim Cee) #25

Fasting since 19:30 last night

(Jane) #26

Yay - finally a fellow faster! :smiley:

(KCKO, KCFO) #27

@Janie, glad you have joined in.

@Shinita, love your rock art. That large one in the middle reminds me of galas, a lovely bird from Australia. They have some grey as well, but the pink is what hits you when you look at them. The green one reminds me of a poofer fish.

@Tim_Cee, I started last night as well.

I am only 15 hrs. into my fast. Hope to make it till dinner on Saturday this round. But all fasting is a good thing for me.

KCFO everyone.

23 hours 40 minutes. Hunger wasn’t fun at that point, I never could ignore proper hunger, it’s on my mind in every second unless I focus like crazy on something. I was somewhat hungry for almost 5 hours, it was okay first, though… I think I did well enough.
I had a proper sized meal this time :smiley: So maybe tomorrow has a bigger chance? It’s great I lasted this long with a small meal, such small that I only have a few days like that per year and I easily get hungry early in the next day, something I rarely do normally.

Tomorrow is cooking/baking day (today I needn’t to do anything). Workout too. And I really should play with my rocks as well…

@collaroygal: Thank you! Oh I will look up that bird! The green thing is supposed to be a frog :smiley: I mostly have these round rocks and tiny flat ovals… I thought about making my “rocks” myself but last time I used my favorite play-dough recipe (it’s smooth and nice and cheap and simple and dries out nicely) it became a Non-Newtonian fluid, multiple times. It was fun, I never made that but it was completely useless for what I wanted to do with it.

(Robin) #29

Cute little family of creatures!

(Tim Cee) #30

Sad news. I didn’t make it 24 hrs. Went home and felt tired and hungry from all the business and drug the wagon into a secluded meadow and ate the whole thing, spokes and hubs and all—but key toe.

(Jane) #31

No biggie! You did right listening to your body…… sometimes it really needs food and will tell you when it does.

My hubby hasn’t been feeling well but fasted with me anyway. Last night I tried to talk him into breaking because his stomach hurt but he is stubborn. This morning I heard chopping in the kitchen as he chopped up stuff to put in his omelette.

I am at 61 hours and passed on sharing any with him (dog was happy with that!). Going to break today at lunch as planned.

It probably will be 21.5 hours as I am hungry but we will see.

I did an about 17 hour water fast… As I drank my first tea around 2pm and my last coffee yesterday at 9pm (plain ones, of course). For some reason either food or coffee isn’t as natural to me at night though I had both many times, sometimes out of necessity, sometimes I fancied it for some reason but when I do things right, it doesn’t happen.

I am very firm about not drinking coffee before sunset this year unless I will have a very good reason to do so… I surely will make exceptions, I am not a disciplined one but it sounds great as default. I am good with certain type of restrictions and the time is ripe for this. As I almost did it lately on most days.

I cooked so much today, it’s one of those days. And as so often lately, my perfect satiation stopped when my SO finished his lunch (at 19.5 hours). I wonder if it’s the time or my presence there, probably the latter has a factor. I was in the kitchen since 3 hours at that point, cooking, baking very pretty - and carby - things (am I diligent enough to dig out the “what you didn’t eat today?” thread I wonder… but I made a photo), cooking both carby and carni food, making and drinking hot water and tea and whatnot. I tried to do my workout but my muscles disagreed. Tomorrow then, no excuse there.
(I wrote vague things so I didn’t use blur but if someone has problems with it, tell me and I will do in the future and even edit this one).

And I need to make my own food if I wanna eat… I try to postpone it, I don’t feel energetic when hungry and I am so fine here, next to my heater… I didn’t hang in my own room today yet.

Oh first stomach growls at 21.5 hours…

It seems I just can’t pull off EF yet. But I still can wait a bit :wink: I feel okay apart from the hunger and the strange tiredness that typically comes with hunger but this is quite recent, the “I could eat” feeling that came at 19.5 hours progresses very slowly. But it’s not a nice feeling at this point. Coming from a hedonist who considers a small bellyache very serious :slight_smile: So nothing bad yet but I prefer feeling better so in 2-3 hours I always have enough even more progression.
I haven’t had very strong and annoying, borderline painful hunger since ages. Okay, I need to be willfully away from my home without any access to food for long to have it and I very rarely do that. One day I will get super curious and will wait longer. Maybe tomorrow, who knows? I really wish for a fasting day but it’s quite hard for me being firm enough when my body isn’t cooperative and gives me hunger signs. It’s not THAT important.

(Tim Cee) #33

Restarting 7pm yesterday

(Robin) #34

You are not a cyborg. Hence…

(Robin) #35

Way to go!

(Tim Cee) #36

…I can’t be plugged into a wall.

(Doug) #37

It’s possible but rarely advisable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good luck to the participants. I have been OMAD and pretty strict keto since Jan 1, I am preparing to go to 3 36-hour fasts per week starting Feb. 1. The hope is to get back to fat-adapted and then kick it into high gear with the fasting.

(KCKO, KCFO) #39

Well, I had to take meds, really bad headache and stomach was crazy. I broke my fast after only 22 hrs. But after I took meds with a light meal, I started over again. I don’t think I will need dinner tonight, so far I am feeling much better. So I now 24 hrs. into the second fast. I would be ok doing OMADs, but if I can hang in there, I will try to do a much longer time.

Some months, this fast is easeypeasey, others, it is a real struggle and I have to stay flexible.

KCFO everyone.

(Jane) #40

Broke yesterday at 63 hours and no issues refeeding. I will take a break from fasting for a couple of weeks. Traveling to Ohio on business next week with a colleague so can’t fast next week anyway, but would take a break regardless.

(Robin) #41

Wow! You seem to accomplish this so easily! Is that really the case, or is there any gnashing of teeth and arm wrestling demons involved for you? Can you really just put it on cruise control?

Also, have to say… the term “refeeding” always cracks me up. Make us sound like our own livestock. Which I guess we are?

It doesn’t go that well today and it’s probably due to my (close but still) 2 meals yesterday (it couldn’t be helped, I got hungry and I think I know why)…
When lunchtime (not mine but it’s lunchtime :D) arrived (my fast was over 20 hours), I was already somewhat hungry so I had my most food item, plain tea (as my only alternative was water, I am serious about no coffee until sunset!). My hunger progressed quickly so I started to make my own food and I managed to get somewhat satiated with cooking only, true to our saying :smiley: But the end wasn’t that far so my hunger came back. It’s tiny but annoying, it wears down my patience quickly unless I find a way to make it go away but that’s not a common occurence. So I was satiated again around 21 hours, hungry again a bit later and now it’s only 22 hours and I am waiting for sunset (it comes in half an hour). We will see but I can’t last much longer, I feel it.
But it’s fun to push it a bit :wink: Normally I don’t even wait until hunger or I do but the very first tiny thing is enough… And I can easily last hours after that… And if my goal is OMAD, even 1-2 hours mean success and not fail.

@Janie, well done! You are my hero! (Well, one of many, I usually feel so tiny in the normal fasting thread! :D) I just can’t skip a day… Maybe one day… I go for established dinner OMAD for now. And keep trying my 48 hour fast every month. An honest attempt is something…

I went over 24 hours in the end, waiting for my SO to have dinner. The time he needed to get hungry again was less than the time between my first hunger and actual meal. But I won’t wait this long if this monthly group fast is over (I usually don’t consider Saturday a day of it as weekends are special to me eating wise for some reason… but I kind of try. just not as hard as on the previous days). I can wait but I feel the toll and I lose the mood or ability to do most things so I just read, write, wait in the very end… It’s probably useful to train myself like this a few days per month but I wouldn’t want to go this far every day.

Oh it wasn’t a clean fast as around the 22th hour I had some… Well, some of the water I cooked a pork tongue in. It’s vaguely similar to broth :smiley: It had little fat and not enough flavor - when tasted normally, I was happy with it when hungry. And interestingly it didn’t trigger a meal (and I was already hungry).

(KCKO, KCFO) #44

I’m currently in hr. 65. That first day really concerned me, but I seem to be doing well now. I have also had a nice drop in weight this round.

@Shinita Doing OMD is fine. Heck lots of successful people only do time restricted and do very well. I like how you do pay attention to what is going on with yourself.

@Janie Well done. Sometimes a break period does help. You can join us next month :slight_smile:

@ourtown thanks for checkin with us. Would love for you to join in on the next month’s group fast.

@OldDoug how are you doing?

@Tim_Cee Are you cruising along?

@robintemplin Are you just along for the roller coaster ride or fasting as well. You care most welcome to do either here.