Its been a year, I have good news to share

(Bob) #1

I started a thread here about a year ago, I was making some nice progress and I wanted to feel good about myself:

Well I would like to thank you all one more time…

I am not the posting type, don’t even social media in any way but I thought I would come back here after a year and share my results in hopes it inspires someone and also to again thank you all for the great resource and support you all provide. I also dont like posting pictures hope my stats speak for themselves.

I am one year in:
155 pounds lost and about to drop that 3 from my number
10" lost on the waist
No longer a Diabetic down to 5.3 HbA1c(Was at 7.1)
Resting HR was mid 80’s now low 50’s
Walking HR was 105 now low 80’s
(These are apple watch sourced data points that I had before I started the new lifestyle)
No meds at all dont even take Tylenol ect
Total pain free, no more headaches heart burn or those “dizzy days” and no more back issues!
I got my life back.

My method has not changed much, I am 80/15/5 @ ~2000 to 3000 calories with time based eating 20/4 mostly. I mix it up alot though. Some days I am 12/12 and load up (The 3000 cal days) some days I fast all day and all variants in between. I belive the key is to never have a routine but also be mindful of over all intake over time.

I am in the gym 2-3 times a week, mostly strength training now but always have the cardio mixed in (intermittent peak cardio). This has dramatically changed my body shape and with the keto (and possible autophagy from all my fasting) I don’t have that excess skin issue (all my skin taggs fell off over the summer, I mean ALL and I had alot). The excess skin is there but no where to what I have seen from others that lost this much weight this fast.

I recently and intentionally took a week vacation from it all, carbs and beer was all open to me. I felt awful, it was my old routine and frankly it reminded me of how I used to feel ALL THE TIME! I think this was a good reminder, to show me how bad it was and good it is now. That was last week and I forced myself to clean me out of all that nasty, so I am currently on a 5-day water only fast. I am on day 3 and got my wind today, the gym workout today was awesome!

It might be the new rush of Keotones bursting through my blood making me all euphoric atm but I just thought I would share and let anyone who is struggling to know that its better on this side…the side of healthy living, it can be hard but its so much better than the alternative.

KCKO!

(Susan) #2

Congrats Bob!! I am so happy for you. 155 pounds down, that is terrific! I am a Canadian as well.

Just remember how horrid you felt last week, and let that serve as a reminder to you to stay on track with Keto in your now Maintenance mode, and stay healthy for life!!

(Ian) #3

Scuse my Quebecois but that is frigging awesome.

Well done and way to go my fellow Canuck!

(Bob M) #4

That is amazing! Congratulations.

(PSackmann) #5

Amazing results, thank you so much for sharing!

(Bob) #6

Thanks guys, I lurk around here alot and enjoy reading about everyones sucess.

I use it most when I need to be remined that its all worth it!

(Marianne) #7

What a true success story. Makes me so happy that you are feeling so good!