It’s Keto 80% fat? What fat choices do you enjoy?

(Karim Wassef) #21

The fat is valuable because it’s energy without insulin. Protein and carbs have insulin responses but fat has an almost insignificant response.

Since there is a limit on daily endogenous fat usage, not consuming enough energy ends up reducing metabolic rate. Eating other macros raises insulin and locks up endogenous fats even more. Fats also achieve satiety faster. They also improve immunity and are protective against old age illnesses.

So the fats just solve so many problems … did I mention I love my fats??

:heart: :bacon: :bacon: :heart:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #22

In @Alecmcq ‘s case the paper it was wrapped in was the conduit, from the store to his mouth. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Alec) #23

Spot on. Plus the spoon.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #24

Me too. Now I occasionally cook veggies in bacon fat but only if I am also having bacon.

(Marianne) #25

You’re right; somehow I missed that.

:wink:

(charlie3) #26

Eggs, cheese, heavy cream, olive oil, ground chuck, salmon. Fat averages 70% of calories.

(JJ) #27

A man after my own heart!
If I am feeling like something fancy, I like to slice it up pretty sometimes in a little glass bowl, if I am feeling reallllllly fancy I may even add a blueberry on top. I like that you are a non-pretentious kinda Woollies guy though, straight from the pack. Far less pretentious than my silly glass bowl.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #28

I don’t hear about it as much lately but I think that there’s a few butter drinkers around. I mean that’s what keto people do, right? Breakfast is butter, bacon , some mayo to dip the bacon in and a cup of cream. :cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #29

I have just been posting about my clotted cream addiction! :yum:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #30

I don’t drink butter, unless it’s on my plate from what I’ve been eating, but I have been known to drink bacon grease straight from the frying pan (when cool, of course! I’m not that crazy!). :bacon::bacon:

(traci simpson) #31

I don’t think I could do that! Good for you!!! :grinning:

(Marianne) #32

Oh, dude; for real? I’m sorry but that just sounds so nasty! :rofl:

(Marianne) #33

Has clotted cream turned?

(Marianne) #34

Nooooo! :laughing:

(John) #35

Looks to be a yummy thing the English came up with:

(Marianne) #36

I can see this if it were cold…

(Karim Wassef) #37

Yes. I eat it like ice cream

('Jackie P') #38

No thats soured cream, clotted cream is very thick and has been heated so the concentrated cream content rises to the top!
Too good!

(Sexy) #39

No coconut oil for me. I read a study that over time it is not good for the heart.

(Sexy) #40

That my favorite heavy whipping cream and almond pancakes