ISO ranch recipe

ranch
dressing
sauce

(Morgan Rose) #1

I’m looking for a homemade ranch recipe - kind of my go to for salad/chicken. And I kno most shelf ranch is relatively low but everything better homemade! :heart_eyes::hugs:

(Jennie) #2

Yeeesssss! Home made ranch…I could eat it on a spoon.
I mix 1 part mayo with 1 part yogurt or buttermilk. (Some carbs, but I don’t eat it by the cup, so not tons.) Then I add some garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and a bit of parsley. I eyeball everything, but if I had to guess at specifics, I’d say:
1 c. Mayo
1 c. Yogurt or buttermilk
2 tsp. garlic
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. parsley

But seriously, I just add and taste and add some more… I whisk the mayo with the yogurt FIRST so it’s nice and blended and then incorporate the powders slowly so they don’t lump up. Also, for fun, sometimes I add worcestershire.

(Morgan Rose) #3

Thank you so much!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Jennie) #4

You’re welcome! And you can sub sour cream for the yogurt or buttermilk too!

[quote=“Jennie, post:4, topic:4112, full:true”]And you can sub sour cream for the yogurt or buttermilk too!
[/quote] When you sub with sour cream, that’s nearly identical to my Blue Cheese dressing without the crumbles and it also tastes great!

(Kara) #6

I sub about 1/4 sour cream, 3/4 heavy whipping cream instead of buttermilk, and also add dried dill. It comes out great!

(suzanna) #7

Suzanne’s homemade keto ranch dressing

2 c soured heavy whipping cream (1 tsp apple cider vinegar per cup, let sit 10 min first)
1 c mayonnaise
1/3 c sour cream
(or full fat Greek yogurt)
1 tsp dill weed/or 2 fresh
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp sweetener (if you must)
2 cloves garlic pressed

Ranch Dressing?
Buffalo chicken wing dip
(suzanna) #8

My hardcore bottled ranch kids beg me to make this in bulk when I visit them!

Hi Suzanna, quick question for you - after its made, how long does the dressing last? Cheers, Kate

(suzanna) #10

It never lasts long around here but should last two weeks at least

Great, thanks for the advice. Recipe is lovely, by the way! :+1: