Ranch Dressing?

(Brent) #1

Does anyone have a recipe for ranch dressing that actually taste like real ranch dressing? I’ve tried a variety of keto ranch dressings and they don’t taste anything like real ranch dressing. The last recipe i tried was ruled.me

(David Pegg) #2

Jimmy Moore has an excellent one from his Ketogenic Cookbook

It uses essentially good home made stock and cream cheese.
I blend the two up with some fresh chives, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley if I have it, and some salt and pepper. Amazing. So quick too (if you have frozen stock).

I think that you must be making your own stock for it to taste super. And smoked meat bones give the best stock flavour IMHO!

Have you tried any of these ranch recipes?

I haven’t done a head-to-head comparison, but Melissa Joulwan is usually spot-on with her recipes:

(Amy Roush) #5

I’ve been making a great one that I found online somewhere. It’s virtually the same as following the Hidden Valley packet instructions. However, in place on milk put 1/2 heavy cream and the other half water. Continue with recipe by adding mayo and seasonings. Shake and let set in fridge. Delish.

(Arlene) #6

In a quart mason jar, add:

1 cup sour cream
1 heaping tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 tablespoon dried onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic granules
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 - 1/2 cup water

Shake, shake, shake and put in fridge for a bit. This ranch is delicious, simple, and it keeps for weeks in the fridge.

Tub of Sour Cream
(suzanna) #7

Suzanne’s homemade keto ranch dressing

2 c soured heavy whipping cream (1 tsp apple cider vinegar per cup, let sit 10 min first)
1 c mayonnaise
1/3 c sour cream
(or full fat Greek yogurt)
1 tsp dill weed/or 2 fresh
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp sweetener (if you must)
2 cloves garlic pressed

(Brent) #8

Thanks everyone for replies. I’m going try a bunch of these and if i’m not happy with the results i’m probably just going to make it with Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packages. It has very little carbs but some of the ingredients in it are MSG & modified food starch. I try to no only be keto but to stick closer the paleo end of things. Today i was looking of the ingredients of the premade stuff and no things every single one was made with sugar or HFCS (suprised because i thought that would only be in the non-fat stuff) and soybean oil. At least if the stuff i make with the seasoning packets isn’t perfect it will be a LOT healthier than the bottled stuff.

I’m pretty picky about my ranch dressing. A lot of people seem to like kens which i don’t. I like either hidden valley or Kraft (actually great value @ walmart wasn’t half bad either).

thanks…

(Arlene) #9

I submitted my recipe earlier, if you’re interested. I’m very picky about my ranch dressing too, and most other foods. I am one of those people who believes in making things myself;, from real ingredients. It’s been years since I used a packet of ranch, or any other spice packet filled with artificial additives. The sour cream in my recipe is my own creme freche, since I milk my own cow, however my neighbor uses my ranch recipe with sour cream from the store and they love it as much as I do. Hope you find a recipe you enjoy.

(Candace) #10

Please post findings :slight_smile:

(Keto Troll) #11

This is my recipe.
Denise’s Ranch

1 cup homemade keto mayo
1 cup sour cream
1tablespoon garlic powder
1tablespoon dill
1 tablespoon parsley
1 Teaspoon salt
1teaspoin pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
Buttermilk -enough to thin

Mix them all together, the longer it sits the better it tastes. If you want a dip don’t use much buttermilk , if you want a thinner dressing use more.

(Mike W.) #12

Hidden valley ranch packet, garlic, salt, mayo, sour cream.

(Ashley) #13

What is garlic granulas? Never heard of them!!

(Arlene) #14

Garlic “granules” is just ground up garlic. I prefer it to powdered garlic because it’s easier to spread. It’s still a dried spice, just like garlic powder, just not ground as fine.

(Diane) #15

I got my garlic granules at Costco.