Is there a BODY keto does not work for?

newbies

(Kitty Pooh Pooh ) #1

Just want to make sure 5 weeks is not enough time to determine this…
How long should i stay? WAIT !!!.. forgot to say i want to lose weight, like right now. I cant stall another 5 weeks.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #2

Be patient. It can take time.

Tell us about yourself. Height, weight, age, metabolic conditions. What ?re you eating? Are you tracking macros? If you want help we need to know more about you.

Hi,

We’ll need a lot more detail in order to help.

For example are you tracking carbs and making sure you under 20g? Are you aiming for 20g Total Carbs or Net Carbs?

Are you on any medication whatsoever. Any pill can change everything when it comes to fat loss.

Not overly stressed, don’t have an infection or inflammation. …

You may simply be eating one food item which is throwing you over and thus keeping the fat-burning switch off.

You may be burning fat but retaining water and thus most of the weight (which falls of suddenly down the road).

Stuck on first base is not unheard of but it can usually be sorted out. It’s all in the details.

(Sheri Knauer) #4

Once you provide more info on what your day(s) of eating look like and any other variable that can affect body weight, try some stress relief. Ive noticed multiple posts regarding the stall you are currently in and you sound quite frustrated in them. Stressing over it can be a cause of stalling. When you are stressed, your body produces cortisol, which inhibits weight loss. You need to just try to keep calm, and keto on. This should be a way you plan to eat for the rest of your life. No need to rush, rush, rush. There is also a lot of metabolic changes that take place as well. Its not just about weight loss, its about body and mind health. Throw the scale away. Reflect on how you feel and other positives that have nothing to do with what the scale says.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #5

According to your profile you started in January and have lost 12 lbs. This is not a stall at all. You’re lucky if you lose 2 lbs a week. Many people lose initial water loss and then are disappointed to see they are only losing 1-2 lbs a week, but this is considered a success.

Plus, imo, 1-2 pounds a week is a calculated average. Most people are not literally losing 1-2 pounds per week. Some weeks none, some weeks 1-2 or more, some weeks a gain.

(Kitty Pooh Pooh ) #7

Thank you everyone. Feeling like im in good hands.
About me.
Will be 45 this August
5’11
Hips that dont lie
Birdy ankles
Determined!
Im not a Crossfit type or Yoga.

I like yoga but i lack upper body so it stresses me.
I like stairs, walking and treadmills
I hate cottage cheese texture
Pants 14 Old Navy Curvy
I started health journey 2014 Mothers Day. I lost almost 90lbs. Got close to goal 3lbs away and freaked out. Dont understand

Dont understand when it says because of my body i can eat more. It know i want to lose 1.5lbs a week. I just feel if i dont do it (i haven’t been taking its advice) so im wondering if thats why its stalled.
The diet was Medifast 2 years to lose 80 but it was 800 to 1000 calories a day. So its hard wrapping my head around EAT MORE to lose

Also what I am showing you. I need structure. That is why Weight Watchers didnt work. They kept changing the rules. Im not looking to diet. Im just looking to be in control but i dont want to waste my time. Im dead serious. I know i can do this. I just want to make sure im cut out for it. Thats why I asked is their a Body keto doesn’t work. I know it can work for me. Im O Negative…i feel my best on red meat. Salads i feel bloated.

Looking at your food journal you are eating prepackaged foods, artificial sweeteners, dairy and nuts. These may not be an issue for you personally, but they are for some and may be you also. It is best to just stick with whole foods. If you feel better eating meat, eat meat. I don’t eat many veggies. I don’t eat dairy. I don’t eat artificial sweeteners or keto treats and I rarely eat nuts.

All that being said it is early. Weight loss is not a straight downward line. Just keep your carbs low and eat real food. Cut out one or more of the above and it may help. Best of luck!

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #9

What she said👆

(Kitty Pooh Pooh ) #10

Interesting. Sigh :tired_face: No not my sour cream
I hear you
Make sense.
Boy, gottah realy stay off of YouTube.
Keto this and that. Too good to be true is what they say.
Egg
Avocado
And then what?
Tell me and I will do it.
Tell me MCT with coffee is not necessary either
I hadn’t done it in a few days was focusing on water. And figure the keto cake had all the fat…

You don’t have to give it all up. Keep the dairy for awhile you can always cut that out later if you want/need to.

On the weekends I eat eggs, bacon and sausage for my first meal usually. Sometimes I’ll have coffee. I have grown to like black coffee but HWC is good to use. No you don’t need MCT (I bought some too when I first started). I found it gave me an upset stomach even in small quantities. I don’t generally eat breakfast during the week.

During the week I’ll eat leftovers from dinner. I eat mainly meat. Steak, chicken thighs, Crock-Pot beef or pork (cheap cuts), ground beef and breakfast for dinner. Sometimes I’ll add a veggie in if I feel like it or eat an avocado.

It’s really just about eating real foods. :slight_smile:

(Edith) #12

Check out:

for meal ideas.

Edit: I’m not sure I did the link quite right but you can scroll through the thread from there.

(Dut) #13

IF helps too

(Carl Keller) #14

@Kitty808 What works for me is mostly meat and vegetables with limited dairy.

My dinner meals this week looked like this:

RIbeye with broccoli sauteed in bacon grease.
Chicken legs with cabbage and brussels sprouts sauteed in bacon grease.
Pork Roast with green beans sauteed in you know what.
Cheddar bacon cheeseburger (with keto mug bun), lots of pickles and a small salad.
Pork chops with broccoli…
Baked salmon with zuchinni spirals.

My shopping list is pretty uncomplicated and I really enjoy what I eat… and my body seems to enjoy it too. :wink:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #15

Well, no, it’s not neccesary actually. I mean the way I see it, I want my body creating its own ketones for fuel. I got PLENTY of tinder to go around lol. I almost feel like adding MCT will just make my body be lazy on creating its own ketones. Maybe Im wrong.

(Kitty Pooh Pooh ) #16

I didn’t even know why i was taking it. Just watched too much YouTube

(Kitty Pooh Pooh ) #17

It shouldnt be that hard to find things that are not pre packaged. Im in Hawaii. Time to get back intouch with my rootz…Thank God all the foods i started with 20 some days ago were all red meats. Cause I am so jonzing fish. From water to frying pan to plate :hugs:

I picked up 4pc of Marlin fish.

(Frank) #18

If you want someone to tell you what to do I will. Read the obesity code by dr Jason Fung. This will give you the knowledge base in order to understand your metabolism and what has happened to it.

You have done so well. Congratulations

(Kitty Pooh Pooh ) #20

Because you are the 2nd person to tell me this.
Im going to the book store right this 2nd before i go home with my fish. Thank you