I'm Back and Ready to Rock It!

(Ricardo) #1

KETOers,

In my attempt to find a community, that would aid in keeping me honest, I have come across this forum and I am happy to be a member of it.

Brief into:

I initially did keto and interment fasting back in March-April 2018, in order to get myself in shape before heading to Florida and Puerto Rico to celebrate my 30th birthday, where I also proposed to my now wife (we had a short engagement).

While on keto and doing interment fasting, I recall feeling great and experience a boost in energy. Unfortunately, I have fallen off the wagon since. My goal is to maintain a Keto lifestyle and reverse the weight gain and energy loss since I stopped shortly after my trip.

I’m ready to stay committed NOW and not wait for New Years, as I know that can be a sham.

My biggest obstacle is beer. I love beer. I drank beer. I still drink beer. I know that if I am serious about this lifestyle, I will have to replace beer with spirits on the occasion that alcohol presents itself. I will be heading to Vegas next week, which will be a huge test, but I came across a post here, where folks share their experience with Keto and visiting Sin City:

That has motivated me and I will like to learn from you all and share my own journey.

Thank you for reading.

(Frank) #2

In my first 2-3 months I stayed away from beer as well. I’m a home brewer and a craft beer nut so it wasn’t easy. Over the past 6 months I’ve reintroduced beer back into my life but at a completely different level. I am a seriously cheap date nowadays and sometimes I’ll even drink a corona light or mich ultra which I never would’ve done in the past. I have no time for mediocre craft beer anymore. I search out the good stuff and make it “worth it”. 1 or 2 of them is plenty. 3-4 is really pushing it. 5-6 I’m really sloppy. If I were to guess, my tolerance has dropped by 50% or more. Btw. I probably drink beer once every other week vs 3-4 per week before. It really messes with my gut

No one says you can’t ever drink beer again. I would just reserve it for special occasions…not every night or every weekend. The key to a successful lifestyle is allowing yourself a little slack for special occasions. You just have to be sure you stay in control of the wagon when you do. Best of luck to you!

(Ricardo) #4

Good point. I meant to say that I won’t be giving up beer entirely; rather, I will abstain for a month, then reintroduce it, albeit on the occasion.

Thanks for the response you two!

(Stephanie ) #5

Try the Bacon Bar in Vegas!!! Soooo yummy. I am also a beer drinker and instead of giving it up I drink the low carb ones. Michelob ultra, corona premier, and Coors light.

(Ricardo) #6

It looks to be a bit out of the way from the Strip, but I will keep this in mind!

(Stephanie ) #7

Its a little bit from the strip however its worth it! :blush:

Coors light, isn’t that french for water?

(Stephanie ) #9

Lol maybe but it’s not that bad