I know "too much protein" isn't a thing on carnivore. Is "not enough fat" a thing on carnivore?

(bulkbiker) #81

WIthout a single shred of supporting evidence yet apparently I have to

hmmmm

(Bunny) #82

FYI: I eat mostly raw meat!

ā€¦And just for the record because I eat resistant starch I canā€™t be part of your personal carnivore club?

As far as eating only meat and it not causing colon cancer as you say depends on if your meat is processed but if you are willing to take risks that is up to you but may not be true for other people reading the forum as I stated before awareness and the person making you aware is not a reason to hate, dislike or censure!

Shooting the messenger does not resolve the problem?

(Bunny) #83

Since I am the one always making the footnotes, citations and references how about you go first?

(bulkbiker) #84

Darling Bunny you are the one stating your opinions in the guise of scientific statements so you could at least provide the firm and undebatable evidence that your opinions are correct.

I donā€™t make statements like you do and am quite happy to do my own research.

That you have not come back at me with your usual incomprehensible wall of information implies that your opinions arenā€™t quite so evidence based as you would like them to be.

(Edith) #85

The researcher in this podcast states that there is very little evidence that even processed meat causes cancer.

(Edith) #86

Good point.

(Bunny) #87

Iā€™m aware of that but if thatā€™s all your eating, thatā€™s another story?

A nice infographic:

image link

image link

(Edith) #88

I have a feeling the majority of carnivores donā€™t eat a lot of processed meat. I, myself, eat very little because processed meat is too high in histamine. Although, I do admit to making an exception for bacon. :yum::grinning:

(Edith) #89

Butā€¦ from where did the information for the chart come: dietary dogma, epidemiological studies, the WHO?

Cancer Reaearch UK could be similar to the American Heart Association where it just spouts the current dietary dogma that doesnā€™t have any true research supporting its recommendations.

(bulkbiker) #90

Cancer Research UK is a complete joke and their dietary advice as you say comes from the 80ā€™s and 90ā€™s .

(Bunny) #91

Yes and I do think it has to do with how much resistant starch and iodine is in the diet and explains why one person will get colon cancer and the other will not. So you get the mixed results in the research.

They are overtly broad speculations and examples but do give a slight hint at what the problem really is or may be?

ā€ā€¦ā€œRed meat and resistant starch have opposite effects on the colorectal cancer-promoting miRNAs, the miR-17-92 cluster,ā€ said Karen J. Humphreys, PhD, a research associate at the Flinders Center for Innovation in Cancer at Flinders University in Adelaide, Australia. ā€œThis finding supports consumption of resistant starch as a means of reducing the risk associated with a high red meat diet.ā€ ā€¦ā€ ā€¦More

image link

References:

[1] ā€œā€¦MicroRNAs (miRNAs) encoded by the miR-17-92 cluster and its paralogs are known to act as oncogenes. Expression of these miRNAs promotes cell proliferation, suppresses apoptosis of cancer cells, and induces tumor angiogenesis. ā€¦ā€ ā€¦More

(Bunny) #93

I agree regular fecal samples would not hurt a carnivore just to make sure things are not bad?

(Elizabeth ) #95

So maybe you need to moderate your absolute pronouncement that carnivores have to eat starch, personally I donā€™t think thereā€™s one long-term carnivore that eats more than a bite or two of any processed meat and probably that only at a holiday buffet. Ribeyes and strip steaks and fish and pork roasts are not processed.

(Bunny) #96

Not ā€œhave to eat starch,ā€ Iā€™m only suggesting resistant starch would be beneficial and advantageous addition to the carnivore diet, nobody has to do anything, Iā€™m simply pointing out the possibilities of doing it safely and increasing awareness. Other than that the Carnivore diet is awesome!

spoiler alert, not a carnivore:

I love my RS - I use a couple tblsp refried white basmati rice a few times a week, and also a goodly amount of veg fiber due to my non-carnivore alkalinizing foodie preferences.

RS definitely provides me a mental lift, and Iā€™m really intrigued with nurturing endogenous butyrate production as I can use all the help I can get navigating this extremely stressful modern culture, and a culture that is rife with BDNF-starved dementia. The mental lift is real - almost like oxytocin - and has no downer. I assume itā€™s BDNF enhancement?

The enteric nervous system in the gut, and its connection to the brain, is wild & wonderful. I first learned of RS from Grace Liu PhD and Dave Asprey. LCHF/keo is great for weeding the bad stuff, and RS is great for feeding the good stuff.

Ok, I know sometimes threads drift a bitā€¦ but how the :fire: did a carnivore thread get diverted onto this?

Noā€¦ wait, donā€™t answer that. :man_facepalming:
I donā€™t think I want to knowā€¦

(Elizabeth ) #99

šŸ¤· eat meat drink water

been asking that for a while now and not an answer.

but if I engage I get yelled at LOL

Nothing wrong with non-carnivores asking questions. I understand that but this is nothing but total antagonistic posts. Meant for mayhem and conflict. ugh. Kinda like a sick game I think soā€¦??

I am leaving the thread until this crap stops. I canā€™t stand it. Talk about one bad apple.

(traci simpson) #101

Do you think 11 and 12 ounce steaks are too much to eat in one meal?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #102

Surely, you jest :heart_eyes: