I know "too much protein" isn't a thing on carnivore. Is "not enough fat" a thing on carnivore?

everyone needs to read this again in that ‘being on a carnivore’ menu there is no such thing as protein turning into sugar THAT WILL ever hurt a person.

Thing is most protein to sugar calcs are all about one eating carbs and having way too much protein while eating those carbs.

We are not carb eaters. This ‘imaginary draw to a conclusion’ that it effects carns the same way is just not ever a worry…truly.

the beauty of carnivore is eat the meat and gain the benefits IF ONE does not go off plan, do manipulation that wrecks it and more.

NOW DON’T forget we all come from totally different medical situations. This is huge. We all will not get the same effects of good ever on the same time line as we heal internally and there are med situations that will never heal for many cause they are real med things that a ‘clean diet of carnivore’ will never cure.

just things to keep in mind. Things we all need to know and let other’s get benefits they need from this carnivore eating and allowing others do deal with more tough situations that might never apply to anyone else.

just throwing out some info on it all.

(Bunny) #62

You weren’t producing the amount of ketones, you can on a zero carb diet?

Some will over-eat meat and some don’t so those benefits are from the different stages of autophagy, not from eating meat and getting into ketosis much faster when not eating carbohydrates…lol

I could eat only oatmeal and do the exact same thing, your doing?

So the results your seeing is only a placebo and paradox or a substance (meat) being attributed (masked) to a benefit or “cure” that’s exactly how magic works, it’s an illusion (not real)?

(Bunny) #63

Insulin does not need sugar, it is simply engaged when you eat too much protein at one meal.

You eat just the right amount of protein in one sitting or meal and you only engage glucagon!

…lol

Remember, sugar (carbohydrates) and protein (when you over-eat it in one sitting) both spike insulin.

@MarkGossage As this thread has continued on I now understand why you replied as you did. Lesson learned my friend. Thank you.

(Elizabeth ) #65

carnivore protein will increase insulin, not nearly to the extent carbs do. Ben Bikman has much on this, he thinks “too much” could be as much as 3-4 g per kg of body weight. Hard to eat that much unless you have an eating disorder.

(bulkbiker) #66

Pleasure… unfortunately it seems to pop up on every thread about meat eating… ceaseless unsupported drivel… sometimes it gets tiring but…

it could almost be considered as trolling @PaulL what do you and the other mods think? Should the carnivores be allowed to drive themselves towards an early death in peace?

(Edith) #67

LOVE THIS!!! :joy::joy::rofl::rofl::laughing::laughing:

(Bunny) #68

I have not seen a so called “clinical trial” either but I have seen real-life people dying from eating only meat…all died from the different types of colon cancers. They were previously studied and had all these magical appearing biomarkers as described on this forum then years later different bowel cancers.

When you only eat meat and nothing else eventually all your good gut bacterial die off and feed amino acid eating bacteria which damages the chromosomes in your intestinal cells which then become pre-cancerous, so when you over-eat protein your engaging insulin and also converting protein into sugar thus feeding the pre-cancerous lesions that form in the intestinal tract and that is because the mucosal lining in your gut becomes so thin and the ability to produce mucus (like dry eyes) or push out pathogens is reduced.

I eat mostly meat but I add resistant starch to my carnivorous ways.

Veggies and fibrous plants foods do not prevent colon cancers (they can actually cause colon cancers), however the resistant starch does prevent colon cancers. You can google this for yourself and you will see in the research colon cancer is only prevented by resistant starch, period.

(Bunny) #69

Please produce some science, all talk and no action?

(Bunny) #70

Trolling? Really?

Encouraging suicide are we?

Thanks for the tip!

If you can’t handle scrutiny and constructive criticism that has scientific and literary value don’t be on the forum?

It is for every individual person to decide whether the benefits out weigh the risk and beware of that risk, period!

(Edith) #71

So, I did some reading up on resistant starch. I need to do some more, but I have a few thoughts/questions.

It seems that when one changes to a keto diet many things change physiologically because we are now fat burners versus glucose burners.

So, it makes me wonder how much the resistant starch research pertains to fat versus sugar burners. Maybe because we are in ketosis and producing beta hydroxy buterate (sp?) resistant starch is not important.

And how much of the damage that is done for people who get lower amounts of resistant starch is done because the people are inflamed from eating the SAD?

People who eat carnivore have lower levels of inflammation. The resistant starch theory may not apply to people with low levels of inflammation.

In my brief look at some resistant starch research none of it was done on rats or people eating a well formulated ketogenic diet.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #72

Resistant starch is just another pretense by those who want to justify eating more starch.

(Bunny) #73

I would say it is extremely important?

What is interesting about this if your going for long periods of time just eating meat and fat and there was a thread just about this subject a while back; you have to eat grass fed butter to get the butyrate, the resistant starch alone feed those specific butyrate producing bacteria and improves the density of the gut lining the same as bone broth and why I combine the two in my dietary regimen.

Logically what you could expect to see in the research is lower inflammation with the resistant starch because you are producing a ketone body feeding that specific butyrate producing bacteria and as long as you don’t over do it with carbohydrates, you are producing ketones (oxidized fatty acids) in your gut as well as your liver and brain using it for fuel?

(Bunny) #74

It is not a bodily carb it is gut bacteria carb, big difference.

You get no pleasure eating resistant starch (it tastes awful) depending on how you take it!

(Edith) #75

It is possible to get resistant starch without a ton of carbs using potato starch, for example; but that’s really just another supplement.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #76

I find it more than curious that our ancestors ate mostly meat and fat, and occasional incidental carbs, for 2+ million years and we’re still here. Gluconeogenesis synthesizes all the sugar we need in the form of glucose. There is no nutritional, metabolic or physiological need to eat sugar in any of its many molecular formats. Including ‘resistant starch’.

(Elizabeth ) #77

I called BS. I know of at least 100 carnivores that have been eating only meat for 5, 10 and a couple even 20 years. Eating only meat does not cause colon cancer. and since you clearly don’t eat only meat why are you even in this carnivore forum?

(Elizabeth ) #78

No need

(Edith) #79

Understood, but I do enjoy engaging in discussion, sometimes. It’s a good way to learn.

(Elizabeth ) #80

I don’t have anything to learn from somebody who’s not even a carnivore :slight_smile: I prefer to learn from the 10 and 20 year carnivore veterans who’ve helped thousands of others.