I gained fat by eating too much fat (taking myself out of maintenance :( )

(Karen) #41

Sorry to say that is also true for me. Oldest child of an oldest child of an oldest child. Very responsible, boring and gray

(Susan) #42

Thanks, Kirk. I was walking daily until the snow came =(. I go up and down the stairs a lot during the day here at home, and I have been doing youtube exercise videos and I make myself do a minimum of 20 minutes at least once a day, aim for twice. I am exhausted after a few minutes, so it is a struggle, but I keep moving, even if it is just marching in place.

(Karen) #43

Rebel ice cream sounds marvelous, but it’s not available out here and I’m not going to have it shipped. Probably just as well

(Susan) #44

I am sure that it tastes delicious; but so would a bag of my favourite candy, for me, I need to avoid both. Eating things I thought were delicious for so many years ruined my body. Now I care more about eating what my body needs to eat then what I want to eat =). I enjoy what I eat still, but, I need to avoid the treats is all =).

(hottie turned hag) #45

It does, right? They have it in some stores by me, not yet in all and not at my usual grocery is the only reason I haven’t yet tried it. I will when it’s cheaper and more redily available, I can’t see paying $6 for a pint of ice cream :hushed:

(back and doublin' down) #46

If only you could share just a little of that…I need just a streak of it :slight_smile:

Please don’t be scarce. I totally enjoy your posts and agree about the wealth of support and knowledge and community available here!

I was always more satiated by fat, I needed juicy pieces of meat, eggs, avocado, etc. so I was always closer to 75. I’ll try with higher protein and lower fat: add less butter to my eggs, less avocado…

(Bob M) #48

I would pay for it for times like birthdays, etc. Otherwise, I end up eating the real thing in an ice cream cake. We’ve gone to small ones, so we eat once and we’re done, but still.

I can’t find it near me, though.

(Susan) #49

@BlueViolet

You said that your “obsessive/perfectionistic disorder prevents cheating” but this icecream is totally what I consider cheating… hehe. I have never eaten any, but if I did, I would feel guilty and would have to fast for a few days afterwards.

(hottie turned hag) #50

Ack it would be, wouldn’t it?!

I didn’t think of it like that, because it hasn’t any carbs, no? Just artificial sweetener?
If it does than def cheating, cannot do.

(Susan) #51

4.8g net carbs per pint. Ingredients : Cream , Water, Erythritol, Chicory Root Fiber, Egg Yolks, Milk Protein Isolate, Vegetable Glycerin, Vanilla Extract, Peruvian Carob Gum, Guar Gum, Monk Fruit.

This is the label on the Vanilla, one of the lower carb ones.If one could control themselves and eat only 1/2 cup (that they call a serviing) that is 10 carbs, if you had 2 cups of it, 40 carbs… pre-keto if I had icecream, 2 cups or more was an average serving.

(hottie turned hag) #52

4.8 carbs per pint…none from actual sugar…I’d have to obsess on this awhile and see if I could do it without it feeling wrong.

Now that I’ve done this carb reintro with the CarbMaster yogurt I prob could have the Rebel and not class it as a cheat; the CarbMaster has sucralose, my first experience with artificial sweeteners and I’m digging it so far :grin:

(Susan) #53

You are already nice and slim, I have to lose tons still, so I am strict and need to be. I can see having treats in a couple of years when I am on Maintenance --but still I will only do that on special occasions, like birthdays or Christmas, as I will definitely weight weekly or more on Maintenance and Fast lots still. This is forever to me, I am working too hard to get slim, and once I am, I am never eating non-Keto again =).

(hottie turned hag) #54

I’m small but flabby as heck.

I can’t hang with the idea of treats/cheats, makes my obsessiveness go wild, can’t do it. I’d have to see if I could count the Rebel in same class as the yogurt in order to do it.

(Susan) #55

Okay =). I could never imagine even trying it myself unless I was in Maintenance and I ate some as my only food for the day, counting it as my total day’s calories, and probably would fast for 48-72 hours after eating it to not feel too guilty, but that is me =).

(hottie turned hag) #56

No this would be me too, I’d obsess and freak out if I didn’t class it as food not a cheat aforehand.

It’s a stretch to class it with the yogurt, really.

(Susan) #57

I stopped all sweeteners in June and now I am only willing to have any if I try a Keto desert on special occasions. For now, the next time I plan to have any is on Christmas day if I can manage to make something.

(Kirk Wolak) #58

You can always ask your store manager if they will order it.
My store now carries frozen beef and calf liver!
(It’s a lot like a popsicle, but tastes more like LIVER… LOL)

(Kirk Wolak) #59

Susan,
I know the feeling. I just started using BFR (Blood Flow Restriction). Wow. Body weight exercises and almost no weight exercises become hard, but in 3 sessions people are noticing the difference. Too complicated for a post here.

But between that, and HIIT (at home, I would do body weight squats, quickly, for 30-60 seconds, with 2-4 minutes of rest. Just 4-6 cycles of that (2x weekly) will DOUBLE your aerobic capacity in like 4 weeks. Start slow. Do only 1 cycle (That’s where I started). Then I got to 2, eventually to 5 and I started decreasing my rest!

I like things that don’t take a lot of time. I have stuff to do… Like reply to people online. LOL

(Susan) #60

Almost all exercise (even walking) is usually painful for my knees, and back, and so is going up and down the stairs, but I keep trying. I am in pain all the time when I even stand for too long at a time, when I do the dishes I lean on the counter, but I keep working at it. I still weigh 240 (but I was 293, so it is going to get easier and easier I hope as the weight decreases). Thanks for all the ideas, I know you have done it so that is a great encouragement =). Thank you!