I cheated, DAMNIT

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #1

I have no idea why, but I just ordered a Burger and Sweet potato fries.

I know I know, KCKO… I think I need to fast until tomorrow now to get back into ketosis faster.

Though on a good note; I know I won’t ever cheat again with a burger and fries, it was so not worth it, I am immediately bloated, my stomach hurts, i’m so tired I want to lay down.

I made a month without any bread, that’s a NSV in itself I guess.

Back to it…

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #2

I feel so much better after reading this thread, lol ;

(Troy Anthony) #3

Sounds like a worthwhile experiment and that it brought some personal insight, success!

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #4

I like your thinking :smiley:

(Jay AM) #5

It happens from time to time to even the best of us. Sometimes it’s a reminder that what we thought we liked or wanted really isn’t as good as it used to be.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #6

I didn’t end up fasting and just had a lettuce bacon and avacado salad with chicken, have come to work today and tested with a strip and I am still in trace, do you think that means I was not kicked out of ketosis? I probably ate about 80-100g of carbs.

(Jay AM) #7

Doubtful. It’s because ketone strips aren’t a good testing device and belong in the trash. Ketone urine strips test for ketone waste, not ketone use. If you paused ketone production, you might just not have enough ketones to waste. Or, insulin could be holding them back from being sent through the system to be filtered out.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

Everyone’s carb limit is different, so it’s possible you didn’t actually exceed yours. Also, there is a difference between simple ketosis and fat-adaptation, and the latter is more important. From what I’ve been learning from these forums, a short lapse may kick you out of ketosis without reversing your fundamental fat-adaptation. In any case, KCKO, and you’ll be fine.