I cheated and here is what happened!

cheat

(John) #1

It was a football tailgate and cheesesteaks were on the menu. A 10 inch hoagie roll from Amoroso’s Bakery in Philly.

I figured if I am going to cheat, it’s going to be on one of the best rolls ever.

So I eat the cheesesteak and the bread tasted like gummy white bread. WHAT?! I didn’t like or want it. Wow has my palate changed. Rather than throw out my sub (meat and cheese were good - it was sliced ribeye after all), I ate it and here is how I felt:

About 4 hours later I was SOOOOO HUNGRY. I haven’t been that hungry since starting keto 2 months ago. I had to munch on nuts and eat a solid dinner with a fat bomb just to satisfy. The next morning I gained 1 pound. Today (the next day), I lost a pound and a half. haha.

2 months ago I posted something about being terrified of cheating, so I’m posting this now for anyone to see that if you only cheat with about 60 g of carbs (my roll), you can recover almost instantly. Now, I’m not testing for ketones or anything b/c I’m seeing the weight roll off without needing to do that. But my normal day of <20 or 30g of carbs was more than doubled and it didn’t kill me. It taught me that EW CARBS ARE GROSS. This is by no means a recommendation to cheat but if you are in a situation where you really want something, you’ll be ok.

I cheated, DAMNIT